Windows 10: Only Microsoft Apps can not connect to the internet (0x80131500 and 0x80190001)

Discus and support Only Microsoft Apps can not connect to the internet (0x80131500 and 0x80190001) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, i have a very strange issue with Microsoft Apps and before consulting your knowledge I tried a lot of different options as you can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xclm, Aug 16, 2020.

1. /u/xclm Win User

Only Microsoft Apps can not connect to the internet (0x80131500 and 0x80190001)

Hey guys,

i have a very strange issue with Microsoft Apps and before consulting your knowledge I tried a lot of different options as you can see below.

Basically i'm connected to the internet and can do everything but the store app has no connection (error code: 0x80131500). I also noticed that a few other microsofts apps are also not connected to the internet somehow. For example outlook app is not possible to use since i cant login. The same for notes or calendar app. I receive the error 0x80190001 when trying to login. Tips app can also not connect. My windows user account is a local account, I cannot make it a microsoft account again, i always get the "please try again later message", (using my microsoft account in outlook.com works perfectly).

I upgraded Windows 7 from Windows 10 in January. Before, I used "Never10" to prevent the forced upgrade and was suspecting that it might blocked some internal things back then but I dont see any option to deactive anything there now. It says its only for win7 and win8 when i run it.

Ultimately, I wanted to try a repair install which is resulting in "0xC1900101 - 0x20017 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS" Only Microsoft Apps can not connect to the internet (0x80131500 and 0x80190001) :(

What I did:

• update to latest windows
    • check & disable norton firewall
    • check logs of norton -> nothing blocked
    • check eventviwer -> no errors
    • using wsreset utility to reset MS Store cache
    • accessing Store from a new administrator account doesnt make a difference -> store still has no internet connection and same error
    • netsh winhttp reset proxy
    • changing the used TLS protocols in internet options (tried all possible options)
    • rename cache folder in LocalState to cache.old -> doesnt exist
    • run the Windows App troubleshooter
    • run the Windows update troubleshooter
    • reinstallation of MS store using App troubleshooter
    • trying to run MS store in Safe mode with networking - same behaviour
    • Reset the store app in windows settings
    • tried In-place repair of windows installation resulting in "0xC1900101 - 0x20017 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"
    • changing dns settings
    • changing regional settings
    • checking wired connections/changing adapter
    • performing SFC Scan -> 100% run sucessfull
    • performing DISM Scan (sucessfull using scanhealth, restorehealth and using directly a downloaded iso)
    • performing a clean boot
    • uninstalled and re-installing the windows store (and reregistering)
    • checking in services.msc if the relevant services are running
    • reregistering / installing using Get-AppXPackage....
    submitted by /u/xclm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xclm, Aug 16, 2020

2. Microsoft Store not working error Code: 0x80131500

Hi
    Thanks for suggestions
    I had tried all except re registering MSoft Store , but that unfortunately did not work .

Very intermittently use SurfEasy VPN, but last time used pre dated this build & problem by some time.

Have built pc systems /rebuilt windows op system literally100's times over 25 years for myself and others, and troubleshooted most known problems but this looks like a reinstall.
    Not listed in Microsoft web notice as ongoing issue involving current build.

Only had Store problem once before since it was introduced years ago, and that was easily resolved !

Tweakfiend, Aug 16, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Microsoft Store not working error Code: 0x80131500

Hi, you could of course try
    Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter in Windows 10
    and then
    Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10

You say you've tried this:
    Fix: Windows Store Error Code 0x80131500 - Appuals.com

Are you using a VPN?

You could try
    Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10

This suggests the problem (amongst other things) could be related to services. Have you modified or disabled any? Worth checking.
    Fix: Windows Store Error Code 0x80131500 - Appuals.com

(Tweaking.com's free repair tool has a useful option to reset services to default).

dalchina, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Only Microsoft Apps can not connect to the internet (0x80131500 and 0x80190001)

Microsoft Store not working error Code: 0x80131500

I fixed the Microsoft store 0x80131500 error as follows:

Open iexplore (Windows-R), it's an old browser type that was used when Windows came out
    Click the gear icon (top right) to open the Internet Options dialogue
    Click the [Advanced] tab
    Scroll down to where the TLS options are listed
    Select the oldies like 1.0 and 1.1
    Open Microsoft Store again, it should load

ZADrikusRoux, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Only Microsoft Apps can not connect to the internet (0x80131500 and 0x80190001)

1. Only Microsoft Apps can not connect to the internet (0x80131500 and 0x80190001) - Similar Threads - Microsoft Apps connect

2. Microsoft apps login error 0x80190001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft apps login error 0x80190001: Hello,I am experiencing trouble logging on to windows apps because of the 0x80190001 error.I have tried everything on this site which has the same question that I have:...
  3. Endless Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80131500 and or Error 0x80190001 for User Accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Endless Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80131500 and or Error 0x80190001 for User Accounts: HelloI keep running into code 0x80131500. I have gone through suggestions in 31 different threads in this community but nothing has resolved my issue. Here's what I've tried multiple timeswsreset.exe to reset the storeFollowed everything microsoft suggested here ran windows...
  4. Endless Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80131500 and or Error 0x80190001 for User Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Endless Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80131500 and or Error 0x80190001 for User Accounts: HelloI keep running into code 0x80131500. I have gone through suggestions in 31 different threads in this community but nothing has resolved my issue. Here's what I've tried multiple timeswsreset.exe to reset the storeFollowed everything microsoft suggested here ran windows...
  5. Microsoft apps login error 0x80190001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft apps login error 0x80190001: Hello,I experience issues login in Microsoft apps such as Teams and Whiteboard on my computer. The issue started when I installed Teams on my mobile and changed my user password which I couldn't recall. Now, when I log into Whiteboard it says Something went wrong, please try...
  6. Microsoft apps login error 0x80190001

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft apps login error 0x80190001: Hello,I experience issues login in Microsoft apps such as Teams and Whiteboard on my computer. The issue started when I installed Teams on my mobile and changed my user password which I couldn't recall. Now, when I log into Whiteboard it says Something went wrong, please try...
  7. Microsoft apps login error 0x80190001

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Code: 0x80131500 in Store/Edge won't connect to internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Code: 0x80131500 in Store/Edge won't connect to internet: Hi, this morning I completed a system refresh do to my audio not working on my laptop. Now it works just fine. But as it goes I lost a few little apps. Every time I open my store I get the error code 0x80131500. I didn't think much about it but Edge also won't connect to the...
  9. No internet connection-Only some apps

in Windows 10 Support
    No internet connection-Only some apps: Windows 10 on Lenovo AIO. All-in-one*really Comcast-Xfinity, Ethernet connection. My client complained every morning his browser, Edge, when opened, got the no internet connection and he couldn't get his email. However, when he restarted the PC, it was OK. Asked him to start...
  10. Can only connect to internet at work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can only connect to internet at work: I've come across a weird issue and can't seem to find anyone else who has experienced it. My computer was working fine for three years and I was on my company's active directory account. My company was acquired so I had to switch to a new active directory account. Instead...