Windows 10: Only my DVD Player will not display on TV upgrade to Windows 10 months ago

Discus and support Only my DVD Player will not display on TV upgrade to Windows 10 months ago in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So Real Player works. HDMI good. Display laptop to TV Y Tube movies streaming all good. All PC stuff good. ONLY when using a DVD in the player it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StephenReilly1, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Only my DVD Player will not display on TV upgrade to Windows 10 months ago

So Real Player works. HDMI good. Display laptop to TV Y Tube movies streaming all good. All PC stuff good. ONLY when using a DVD in the player it will not display to the TV screen (goes blank purple)

:)

StephenReilly1, Nov 5, 2018

2. Stream a DVD from PC to Smart TV

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your Patience.

Following are the points determined by the escalation team:

• The Windows 10 DVD Player app does not natively support media streaming by design.
    • The only way the DVD can be "streamed" wirelessly to a TV is through connecting the TV as a wireless display.
    • The only way this is possible is if the TV supports Miracast. If the TV is not Miracast-enabled, the user will not be able to stream DVD's.
    Mira cast is a streaming protocol that lets users mirror content from their Windows PCs/Mobiles to their TV screens.

If your TV is Miracast enabled, Please follow the below steps to cast a DVD to a Miracast-compatible TV:

1. Open the Action Center by clicking on the notification icon next to the date and time in the lower right hand corner of the screen.

2. Click on the Connect tile.

3. The computer will now search for Miracast-enabled displays.

4. If a Miracast-enabled device is in range, it will show up on the list, click to connect.

5. The computer should now be casting the screen to TV.

6. Open the Windows DVD Player app and load a DVD into the disk drive.

7. The app should now auto-recognize the DVD and it should begin playing.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Nov 6, 2018
  3. ETobias Win User
    DVD Player

Couple months ago I updated my OS from Windows 8.1 to 10. Yesterday I wanted to use my laptop's DVD player and I received "an unknown directory" error message and the DVD kept on ejecting. I am assuming that it is a DVD unit driver problem (Out-of-date Driver). Does anybody have any comments or suggestions?
    Thx.

Eric

ETobias, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Only my DVD Player will not display on TV upgrade to Windows 10 months ago

Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Only my DVD Player will not display on TV upgrade to Windows 10 months ago

1. Only my DVD Player will not display on TV upgrade to Windows 10 months ago - Similar Threads - DVD Player display

2. Windows Media Player 11 only displays folder-names on Smart-TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player 11 only displays folder-names on Smart-TV: I am using Windows Media Player 11.2305.4.0 within Win 11 22H2. Numerous MP4 video-files are stored on my D: HDD. I do not use C: for video I was able to access and view these videos on my smart-TV for several months. BUT - after attempting some fine-tuning, I can no longer...
  3. Windows Media Player 11 only displays folder-names on Smart-TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player 11 only displays folder-names on Smart-TV: I am using Windows Media Player 11.2305.4.0 within Win 11 22H2. Numerous MP4 video-files are stored on my D: HDD. I do not use C: for video I was able to access and view these videos on my smart-TV for several months. BUT - after attempting some fine-tuning, I can no longer...
  4. dvd player running but not displaying

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dvd player running but not displaying: I upgraded from win 7 to win 10 and dvd player appears to be runining but not displaing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-running-but-not-displaying/f6cb0897-a6e3-4e5b-9938-fc4e755d1f46
  5. My dvd is not recognize by dvd player in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My dvd is not recognize by dvd player in windows 10: After recent update i can't play dvd in dvd and it is not recognize by dvd player and I am facing this issue after 2004 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvd-is-not-recognize-by-dvd-player-in-windows/47a91ca3-864c-406c-bd45-05589e6d80f0
  6. Windows DVD Player 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows DVD Player 10: did not work!! I have requested a refund twice wit no response at all. At least answer the request even if the answer is no https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dvd-player-10/f06f704d-5b7c-4c02-b434-5ccfcd4ce298"
  7. No DVD player with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No DVD player with Windows 10: Why is there no DVD player available with my HP Windows 10 computer. How cheap can you get? I will never ever buy a crappy Windows PC ever again. Its al. about your stupid scheming BS to screw the aveerge person buying your 3rd grade computers. I wish I had never bought...
  8. Windows 10 No sound on DVD. DVD works fine on TV DVD player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 No sound on DVD. DVD works fine on TV DVD player: Windows 10 provides No sound when playing DVD. DVD works fine on TV DVD player. How do I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-no-sound-on-dvd-dvd-works-fine-on-tv/1201095e-90d4-4742-928f-6edc5809149f
  9. Windows 10 DVD Player

Windows 10 DVD Player: When I first upgraded to windows 10, you installed everything for free, even upgrades. Now, Microsoft, removed the DVD player from the Media Player, and expect us to pay for it if we want the dvd player back. Everything worked fine until that upgrade. Now you tell me WHY,...
  10. Windows 10 DVD Player

Windows 10 DVD Player: So I noticed that the Windows 10 DVD Player was released by Microsoft. However... why is it asking me to pay $14.99 for it? I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate (so I have 10 Pro), and I had read that it would be free to those customers. 15894