Windows 10: only my volume down button isnt working

Discus and support only my volume down button isnt working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My volume up key is working but volume down isnt working please tell me the solution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AyushKhande, Sep 29, 2021.

1. only my volume down button isnt working

My volume up key is working but volume down isnt working please tell me the solution

:)

AyushKhande, Sep 29, 2021

2. Volume issuses...it isnt the buttons

Ok so, I try and turn up my volume and when I hit the buttons to increase or decrease a small gray bar falls down at the top of my phone. It's literally an 8th of an inch tall and goes from side to side.

Both my volume buttons work great, they still click and have pressure. I just can't get the volume to go up or down.

This problem makes other BIGGER problems. I cannot make a phone call, it's just complete silence. I can't listen to any music at all. I also cannot watch any sort of video, on YouTube it will not.even play a video at all. I can move the bar back and forth but
    nothing. I have restored the phone and tried getting the volume adjustment apps buy again...fail.... I am at a complete loss as to what the problem is. Is there anyone that has any clue to what steps I could take to try and fix my problem? I'm gonna give this
    post a few days and if I can't fix the problem then I am going to shoot this phone with a 5.56 caliber ar-15 with a 100 round drum. Seems like a good idea with all the headaches I've gotten from this volume problem.

And just to make sure everyone understands....it has nothing to do with my buttons being broke or nudged to the side.....sorry to come off as a jerk but tired of this problem.... Thank you for reading my post and thank you for all your suggestions ahead of
    time.

needHellllp, Sep 29, 2021
  3. Volume buttons won't work

Hello Aaron,

• Are you referring to the volume key on the keyboard?
    • What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers?
    If not I suggest you to go to the manufacturer website and install the latest keyboard drivers and check if that helps, post that suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check for the issue.
    The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Let us know how it goes, we'll be glad to assist.

SujataMoktan, Sep 29, 2021
  4. geimz Win User

only my volume down button isnt working

Search button isnt working

So i upgraded to W10 on my laptop (MSI GT-60), and ran into several problems, most annoying are these two:
    1. search button next to start isnt working and nothing is helping, i tried to restart Windows Search in services, but that didnt help, the only solution is to create a new windows account, then it works, but thats just not ideal
    2. a minor problem, but still - icons on my desktop cant be moved to the very bottom of my screen - it simply puts them back one "box" above, and thats just annoying, since im used to having the trash can at the very bottom of my screen.

I´ve done sfc/scannow several times, tried to clean the PC with CCleaner, but nothing helped, the computer is otherwise running smoothly, but this is just annoying

geimz, Sep 29, 2021
Thema:

only my volume down button isnt working

1. only my volume down button isnt working - Similar Threads - volume down button

2. My volume button is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My volume button is not working: Hello, my volume button is not working when i click the volume with the plus sign it shows up a search box thingy in chrome and when i click the volume with the minus sign it does nothing when i click the no volume sign it shows up the chrome help center how could i fix this?...
  3. My volume button is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My volume button is not working: Hello, my volume button is not working when i click the volume with the plus sign it shows up a search box thingy in chrome and when i click the volume with the minus sign it does nothing when i click the no volume sign it shows up the chrome help center how could i fix this?...
  4. My volume button is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why are my control buttons f6- mute f7- volume down and f8- volume up not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my control buttons f6- mute f7- volume down and f8- volume up not working?: They literally randomly stopped working, it wasn't after turning my laptop on or anything, they were working fine hen they stopped working....
  6. Volume isnt working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume isnt working: ok so whenever i click the volume buttons on my computer nothing happens and it wont let me manually adjust the volume in setting it just goes back to 0. I tried trouble shooting and resetting my computer and all the audio setting and im kinda at a dead end. if someone could...
  7. Volume only increases, volume down no longer works.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume only increases, volume down no longer works.: I have a Razer keyboard and a Logitech headset with volume wheels and both will only increase the volume, it won't lower. as in I spin the volume wheel up, it goes up, I spin it down and nothing happens, its like volume down somehow became unbound from its shortcut/API. 2...
  8. volume isnt working on my new Olllee snowbook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume isnt working on my new Olllee snowbook: Hi there Leanne here I have just received my New Ollee Snowbook in the mail today,everything loaded well.But the only thing that i am having a problem with is the volume!!?everytime i would click volume icon down the bottem on the right hand side,it doesnt seem to do...
  9. Volume buttons are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume buttons are not working: For some reason when i turned my PC on and went on YouTube, I tried turning my volume up and it didn't work. All the other buttons on my keyboard work, except for those three. The mute, lower volume, and higher volume buttons. I need help....
  10. Search button isnt working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search button isnt working: So i upgraded to W10 on my laptop (MSI GT-60), and ran into several problems, most annoying are these two: 1. search button next to start isnt working and nothing is helping, i tried to restart Windows Search in services, but that didnt help, the only solution is to create a...