Windows 10: Only my wifi not appearing on pc

Discus and support Only my wifi not appearing on pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My pc isn’t detecting my wifi but is detecting nearby houses. It was working fine last night and the months before but stopped working once i turned it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SiamAhmed1, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Only my wifi not appearing on pc

My pc isn’t detecting my wifi but is detecting nearby houses. It was working fine last night and the months before but stopped working once i turned it on this morning. Sometimes, it gives me the option to connect to “hidden network”. Once i put my wifi details in there, it comes up with an error, saying “could not connect”. I troubleshooted this and apparently my device isnt in range even though it was working perfectly the days before, did not change the location of my pc and did not change the location of my router. Also, my wifi is working fine on all my other devices.

:)

SiamAhmed1, Jan 25, 2021
  2. m3110w Win User

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Jan 25, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    No WiFi appeared at all after updating to Windows 10 from desktop PC

Hi, if Windows has not installed a driver, this tends to suggest maybe there isn't a compatible driver available.

Have you checked if your manufacturer has approved your desktop for upgrade to Win 10? Most manufacturers have published such a list.

Are you using a USB device or something else for WiFi for your desktop?
    What is shown in Device Manager, Network adapters?
    Realtek PCIe GEB Family Controller - appears to be for ethernet.

Noted you have also posted here:
    No WiFi appeared at all after updating to Windows 10 from desktop PC | Windows 10 Forums
    Fix my Windows 10 Wifi as its missing after update - $10

First see if there is a relevant driver on your manufacturer's site. Download and install it if so. You may have to use a driver for Win 8 for example.

At a pinch, you could try e.g. DriverMax (free) and scan for drivers. You may be in luck.

Please complete your system specs.
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Only my wifi not appearing on pc

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Only my wifi not appearing on pc

1. Only my wifi not appearing on pc - Similar Threads - wifi appearing

2. No wifi appearing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi appearing.: I'm having an issue where no networks are showing up, not my own or any of our neighbours. My laptop was fine when I left this morning and i just came back to this.For Ethernet and Local Area Connection its saying network cable unplugged but i dont fully know what that means...
  3. No wifi appearing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi appearing.: I'm having an issue where no networks are showing up, not my own or any of our neighbours. My laptop was fine when I left this morning and i just came back to this.For Ethernet and Local Area Connection its saying network cable unplugged but i dont fully know what that means...
  4. No wifi appearing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Is There a Way to Disable New Wifi Connections From Appearing Read Context

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is There a Way to Disable New Wifi Connections From Appearing Read Context: I'm gonna preface that I'm NOT looking for this option so I can actually disable new wifi connections from appearing in the Wifi list; in fact, it's the oppositea few months ago, I got a bit concerned over network security and I did things like disabling UPnP on my router and...
  6. Is There a Way to Disable New Wifi Connections From Appearing Read Context

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There a Way to Disable New Wifi Connections From Appearing Read Context: I'm gonna preface that I'm NOT looking for this option so I can actually disable new wifi connections from appearing in the Wifi list; in fact, it's the oppositea few months ago, I got a bit concerned over network security and I did things like disabling UPnP on my router and...
  7. Is There a Way to Disable New Wifi Connections From Appearing Read Context

8. Why my wifi setting only appears after few minutes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my wifi setting only appears after few minutes?: My wifi stopped working on my computer, but it worked fine on my phone, so the computer was the problem. I tried to run "solve the problem" setting and it restarted my computer. After that, my wifi adapter stopped working and I tried redownloading it, and now it says it's up...
  9. Why my wifi setting only appears after few minutes?

Why my wifi setting only appears after few minutes?: My wifi stopped working on my computer, but it worked fine on my phone, so the computer was the problem. I tried to run "solve the problem" setting and it restarted my computer. After that, my wifi adapter stopped working and I tried redownloading it, and now it says it's up...
  10. Why my wifi setting only appears after few minutes?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware