Windows 10: Only on a specific keyboard the space bar turns off the computer

Discus and support Only on a specific keyboard the space bar turns off the computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a skytech gaming pc with a GTX 1660 and it came with a handy gaming keyboard made by skytech. It worked just fine for a few weeks but now every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KadenVerville, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Only on a specific keyboard the space bar turns off the computer

I have a skytech gaming pc with a GTX 1660 and it came with a handy gaming keyboard made by skytech. It worked just fine for a few weeks but now every time i press space key it suddenly without warning shuts off my computer, sometimes i can manage to press cancel but otherwise it just shuts off. I have another keyboard that does not have this issue and works just fine,i prefer the other one though. All of my drivers are up to date and all windows updates are up to date.

:)

KadenVerville, Apr 26, 2020

2. Space..Bar

Hi Regina,

There are different reasons why your space bar and other keys are not responding.
    For us to properly isolate your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• When was the last time that your space bar and other keys were working?
    • Have you made any changes on your machine prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all pending updates on your machine?
    • What is the build and version of your Windows?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run a
    quick test scan
    first on your computer to check for possible errors.
    You can visit your computer manufacturer’s website to access their
    Diagnostic Tool. The tool will help us determine if the issue has something to do with the hardware or software of
    your computer. If an error is detected, it will automatically fix and recommend other troubleshooting steps to resolve your issue.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Amylove Loy, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Dinovo Edge -Space Bar problem Only on a specific keyboard the space bar turns off the computer :(

you can tell when the GN peeps arrive XD

keeping note of all the suggestions, i'll try them all as i get more and more desperate. its just too great a gooddamn keyboard to not use, but i cant use the space bar with my left thumb - which means i cant type, or WASD game on it :/

Mussels, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Only on a specific keyboard the space bar turns off the computer

Keyboard issue on space bar and backspace

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing the issue on keyboard.

I will certainly help you with this.

This issue may occur when drivers are not updated.

I would suggest you to go through the below methods:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on Settings window
    • Go to Network icon
    • Choose Network & Internet category.
    • The second setting on the left column is Airplane mode.
    • Turn it On and check if it helps.

Method 2: Update the drivers.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your Keyboard devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Restart the computer and check.

Method 3: Check in
    compatibility mode.

Download the Keyboard
    drivers from your computer manufacture website for Windows 10, if not available.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older
    programs compatible with this version of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

You can get back to us if you have any difficulties in doing the same. We are always here to help you.

Shubham Chaubey, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Only on a specific keyboard the space bar turns off the computer

1. Only on a specific keyboard the space bar turns off the computer - Similar Threads - specific keyboard space

2. Pressing Space Bar on Keyboard and Windows run from OFF.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pressing Space Bar on Keyboard and Windows run from OFF.: Hi I swished the PC with Windows 10 Off, then if I press the space bar on Keyboard, Windows runs on again. Would you please help me to stop this, thanks,...
  3. Turning Off Game Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning Off Game Bar: Hi, so I need to turn off game bar in order to use a lockdown browser. I went into the gaming settings and turned everything off, but it is still saything that it is active and I can't use the lockdown browser to take my exam. How do I completely turn this off?...
  4. Turning off notifications for specific apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off notifications for specific apps: So I can't help but get annoyed by banners flying out of my desktop as I prefer to keep it clean, so I turn off banners for most of the apps I have, however a few of the apps aren't showing up in the notification centre and they are still making pop up banners notifications,...
  5. Keyboard turns off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard turns off: I have a problem. I have a USB Keyboard. I was playing and then my keyboard and mouse turned off. I restarted my pc and now only my mouse is working. After restarting my keyboard leds go on and turn off 2 seconds later. I switched usb ports and restarted my pc 100 times ,...
  6. How to Turn Keyboard lighting On or Off on a Computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn Keyboard lighting On or Off on a Computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are using a backlit or an LED keyboard, and have issues with its lighting turning on or off all of a sudden, then we will take a look at how to resolve this. Many laptops offer a backlit [...] This post How to Turn Keyboard lighting On or Off on a...
  7. Turning off screensaver for specific program

Turning off screensaver for specific program: I play Anno 1800 and when i leave my computer for a while my screensaver turns on and that causes my game to crash. Is there any way to turn off screensaver only when i play that game or do i have to turn it off completely and when i finish playing turn it on again?...
  8. Space bar turning down volume

Space bar turning down volume: Hi, i don't know what could have happened, but from yesterday (2018 9.4) my space bar started lowering the volume whenever i press space, and whenever i press shift it acts like backspace. I haven't got a new keyboard or anything. And it became quite annyoying. I may have...
  9. Turn off numlock for laptop keyboard ONLY

Turn off numlock for laptop keyboard ONLY: Recently, I bought a numpad keyboard extension for my laptop for ease of data entry. However, I forgot that activating the numlock means the laptop numpad is activated as well. Is there any way to turn on the numlock only for the extension or disable the numlock function...
  10. Turn Off Browser Scrolling When by Space Bar is Pressed

in Browsers and Email
    Turn Off Browser Scrolling When by Space Bar is Pressed: Windows 10 Pro 1709, MS Surface Book, Chrome and IE Browser. Any time I have Chrome or IE browser open the screen scrolls down one page each time I press the keyboard Space Bar, then up one page when I press Shift+Space Bar When I am typing on a web page I'll often...