Windows 10: Only one computer out of 4 is unable to access my main computer in LAN - "Enter Network...

Discus and support Only one computer out of 4 is unable to access my main computer in LAN - "Enter Network... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have a computer connected through lan cable where we save all data lets call it server and rest of the computers access it through wifi. We are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mayur Agarwal, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Only one computer out of 4 is unable to access my main computer in LAN - "Enter Network...

We have a computer connected through lan cable where we save all data lets call it server and rest of the computers access it through wifi. We are using Windows 10.While all other computers can access the server, only one is unable to do so. When I try to connect, a message pops up "enter windows credentials".I have tried the following:1 disabling the use password option in network & sharing centre2 Removed pin to login in both the client and server3 Checked the Manage Windows Credentials, there is no credential added.I found another option which involved finding "local security pol

:)

Mayur Agarwal, Nov 26, 2021
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Nov 26, 2021
  3. Unable to access computers connected in Peer-to-peer connection, asking for network credentials to enter on Windows 10

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to access the connected computer on Peer-to Peer connection, we will help you with this issue.

Step 1: Make sure that Password Protected Sharing is turned off
    on your computer and check if it helps.

Steps to follow:

• OpenControl Panel window

• Select Network and Sharing Center

• Select Advanced sharing settings

• Under Password Protected Sharing, check mark
      Turn off Password Protected Sharing

Step 2: I suggest you to disable firewall and anti-virus installed on your computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 26, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Only one computer out of 4 is unable to access my main computer in LAN - "Enter Network...

Asking for Network Credentials when trying to access computer on the network

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are being asked for credentials when trying to access computers on the network. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

Ideally, when you are asked for credentials, you will need to enter the username and password of the computer which you are trying to access. If you are on a secured network, you can turn off password protected sharing under Network and sharing options
    and you will not be prompted for a password.

If you are unable to access the computer by entering the username and password of the computer, one of thing that I can suggest you is to try entering the Device name and password when you receive the prompt. To check for the Device name, go to
    Start >> Settings >> System >> About.

If that doesn’t work, try the steps mentioned below:

1. On the computer for which you are being asked for password, type
      command prompt in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon, and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, type whoami and hit
      Enter
    You will get the name of the device, try using the name as the username and use the computer password.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 26, 2021
Thema:

Only one computer out of 4 is unable to access my main computer in LAN - "Enter Network...

1. Only one computer out of 4 is unable to access my main computer in LAN - "Enter Network... - Similar Threads - computer unable access

2. DNS not found only on one computer on one network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS not found only on one computer on one network: My Thinkpad running windows 11 system details at bottom has a weird interaction with my netgear router. The router has two channels, one 2Ghz and one 5Ghz. All other devices, including another windows 11 device, have no problems connecting to either channel. Only my Thinkpad...
  3. DNS not found only on one computer on one network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS not found only on one computer on one network: My Thinkpad running windows 11 system details at bottom has a weird interaction with my netgear router. The router has two channels, one 2Ghz and one 5Ghz. All other devices, including another windows 11 device, have no problems connecting to either channel. Only my Thinkpad...
  4. Only one computer out of 4 is unable to access my main computer in LAN - "Enter Network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one computer out of 4 is unable to access my main computer in LAN - "Enter Network...: We have a computer connected through lan cable where we save all data lets call it server and rest of the computers access it through wifi. We are using Windows 10.While all other computers can access the server, only one is unable to do so. When I try to connect, a message...
  5. Only one computer out of 4 is unable to access my main computer in LAN - "Enter Network...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only one computer out of 4 is unable to access my main computer in LAN - "Enter Network...: We have a computer connected through lan cable where we save all data lets call it server and rest of the computers access it through wifi. We are using Windows 10.While all other computers can access the server, only one is unable to do so. When I try to connect, a message...
  6. Networked computers only one way

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networked computers only one way: After every Windows10 update, my ethernet stopped functioning. After this last update and a completely clean new install I have just spent hours and hours with different tech support people. The last one admitted that he could not overcome that issue. But he said, since we...
  7. Unable to enter computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to enter computer: Hi, I just entered my computer and it appears that the password has been changed or something. Apparently someone fooled around with a net user username /random command that turned the password into something totally random. I've tried going into the troubleshoot options by...
  8. One of my networked computers cannot access data

One of my networked computers cannot access data: I have a PC and a Laptop connected to the same network and they are both running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 b19042.541. They can ping each other and they can see each other. The PC can read and write data to the Laptop. However the Laptop cannot read or write data because the...
  9. Can't access one computer on my network

Can't access one computer on my network: I have a strange problem and can't find an answer. My network has the following computers: -Win 10 Pro desktop -Win 10 Home laptop -Win 7 desktop From the laptop, I can't see or access the Win 10 Pro desktop but I can see and access the Win 7 desktop. I can see and access...
  10. One computer cannot access other network computers.

One computer cannot access other network computers.: I have three windows 10 PCs and one NAS on my network. One PC (Lenovo 220X) and the NAS are hardwired. The other two are wireless (Surface Pro 1 and Surface pro 4) The surface pro 4 can see but not access either of the two other PCs. The other PCs can see and access each...