Windows 10: only one core apears

Discus and support only one core apears in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; so i have a 2 core 4 thread cpu but today i tried to use xtu to boost gaming performance and then i only saw 1 core active and i thought maybe they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JorgePino2, Jul 17, 2020.

1. only one core apears

so i have a 2 core 4 thread cpu but today i tried to use xtu to boost gaming performance and then i only saw 1 core active and i thought maybe they parked again but when i tried to unpark them with a program called unpark cpu i could only find 1 then i tried another program called quick cpu and i could also only find 1.

when i went to system information i also only found 1 even in system configuration on the boot tab when i pulled the list of cores down there was only 1 when, just before that there were 4.

if someone could explain that would be awesome.

:)

JorgePino2, Jul 17, 2020

2. Windows detects only one core

Hello,

I've been using windows 10 since 2015 and it worked aces until now. Yesterday i installed the latest update and after rebooting i noticed that windows is using only one core of my CPU which is a core i7-4702hq. Device manager shows all the cpu cores, but
    in task manager only one is working. I looked the advanced boot option and it only shows one CPU core. I also reinstalled the CPU drivers but nothing changed

I restored the system to before the update but the problem persist.

Note: I use ubuntu in dual boot and i have no problem with it. Ubuntu detects all the CPU cores.

Hope you have a solution for me.

Thanks.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Chouaib MOUSSADDAQ, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 17, 2020
  4. only one core apears

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

only one core apears

1. only one core apears - Similar Threads - core apears

2. I cannot access "Core Isolation" screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access "Core Isolation" screen.: I searched for Core Isolation, and it gets found, but I am not allowed to view or change it.Hopefully, I attached three screenshots. The first on appeared to upload. The second and third ones showed upload errors. After I post this, I'll review the online version and, if...
  3. I cannot access "Core Isolation" screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access "Core Isolation" screen.: I searched for Core Isolation, and it gets found, but I am not allowed to view or change it.Hopefully, I attached three screenshots. The first on appeared to upload. The second and third ones showed upload errors. After I post this, I'll review the online version and, if...
  4. How to install only ".Net Core" tools using Visual Studio Installer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install only ".Net Core" tools using Visual Studio Installer?: Hereafter I don't want to install or continue development in any of the .Net Framework Based tools.Only .Net Core that's also from the latest one.How to tell Visual Studio Installer to install .Net Core based tools only and not any single Framework Based Tools....
  5. How to install only ".Net Core" tools using Visual Studio Installer?

How to install only ".Net Core" tools using Visual Studio Installer?: Hereafter I don't want to install or continue development in any of the .Net Framework Based tools.Only .Net Core that's also from the latest one.How to tell Visual Studio Installer to install .Net Core based tools only and not any single Framework Based Tools....
  6. Repeated message "Acrobat failed to load its core dll"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated message "Acrobat failed to load its core dll": About every 10 minutes my lap top will appear a message "Acrobat failed to load its core dll" though I've uninstalled Adobe reader completely and I've scan for virus for many times. Could you please help to show me how to fix this? Thank you....
  7. Repeated message "Acrobat failed to load its core dll"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated message "Acrobat failed to load its core dll": About every 10 minutes my lap top will appear a message "Acrobat failed to load its core dll" though I've uninstalled Adobe reader completely and I've scan for virus for many times. Could you please help to show me how to fix this? Thank you....
  8. Repeated message "Acrobat failed to load its core dll"

9. Core isolation not possible because of xusb21.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core isolation not possible because of xusb21.sys: I got this error when trying to enable core isolation and ive looked for this driver in cmd, device manager, and autoruns but it doesn't appear anywhere, so I don't know what to do....
  10. Core isolation not possible because of xusb21.sys

Core isolation not possible because of xusb21.sys: I got this error when trying to enable core isolation and ive looked for this driver in cmd, device manager, and autoruns but it doesn't appear anywhere, so I don't know what to do....