Windows 10: Only one drive is showing up in Windows 10, connected using eSATA port multiplier

Discus and support Only one drive is showing up in Windows 10, connected using eSATA port multiplier in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, same question as in this thread ...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Guido Maria Serra, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Only one drive is showing up in Windows 10, connected using eSATA port multiplier

Hi, same question as in this thread ...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esata-drive-not-recognized-in-w10/44f105e8-3ee7-42fa-85ac-aca5803c59ff

My hardware/BIOS configuration used to work like a charme under Windows 7. I have a "sil3726" based eSata port multiplier.

Before installing Windows 10, I was seeing all the drives attached to it, now I see only one... what's going on? Please help.

I'm already at you latest update, troubleshoot, tried to update drivers, I even subscribed to your preview program and got the super latest builds.

p.s. the setup works like a charme on linux... but I really really wanted to have a couple of partitions be used by windows in software raid1

Any feedback? I got the feeling that I have a setup that is quite uncommon among your userbase. But I can't believe you got nobody doing this on the Server edition... shall I switch to that? Will I have the money back of my current Windows 10 Pro 64bit license?

regards,

GMS

***Modified Title from: eSata external device shows up with just one drive since Windows 10***

:)

Guido Maria Serra, Mar 16, 2019
  2. Medros Win User

eSATA port multiplier recomendations

Looking for a decent e-sata port multiplier so i can bring myself down to 1 pc again.
    found this, anyone have any suggestions on what to buy, or know if this is a decent component?

Medros, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Wile E Win User
    Addonics Announces 5-Port HPM-XU Port Multiplier with eSATA/USB 3.0 Connections

I assume since it's USB 3.0 as well as eSATA, that it's transparent to the OS? Aka: It just shows up as a drive?

They also have internal hardware port multipliers: Addonics Product: 5 Port Hardware PM XA (System Version)

Wile E, Mar 16, 2019
  4. AmyBass Win User

Only one drive is showing up in Windows 10, connected using eSATA port multiplier

How Can I Get Windows 10 to "See" my External Hard Drive in the eSata Port?

Hello -

Thank you for your reply. I'm afraid, though, that you missed my statement of the problem. I am having no trouble at all with my USB connection - in fact, the connection to the drive using my USB port works perfectly.

The problem I am having is with connection to the external hard drive using my
    eSata port.

I contacted the manufacturer about this and was told that there are no drivers, that "modern" operating systems contain all the info needed to control the drive.

To me, Windows 10 does not appear to be searching for something attached to the
    eSata port. When I plug the drive into the
    USB port, the OS quickly recognizes the drive, and it pops up with a "what do you want to do with these files" window -
    no problem there. When I plug it into the
    eSata port - nothing at all happens. With Windows 7 (my previous OS), the drive is recognized in either port. I was using the
    eSata port previously, and I would like to continue using it (to free up my USB ports for other uses).

So - stating the problem briefly ... Windows 10 does not see my device when I plug it into the
    eSata port.
    How do I get Windows 10 to recognize an eSata device?

Thank you,

- Amy

AmyBass, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Only one drive is showing up in Windows 10, connected using eSATA port multiplier

1. Only one drive is showing up in Windows 10, connected using eSATA port multiplier - Similar Threads - drive showing connected

2. One Drive as back up only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive as back up only.: Almost all of my personal files are being automatically kept on one drive and not my local drive and now I have a mix of files in two different places-yikes. I would like my local drive to be the source for all my documents and have OD keep copies of everything as a backup....
  3. One Drive as back up only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive as back up only.: Almost all of my personal files are being automatically kept on one drive and not my local drive and now I have a mix of files in two different places-yikes. I would like my local drive to be the source for all my documents and have OD keep copies of everything as a backup....
  4. only ethernet 2 showing in network connections on a laptop with one ethernet port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only ethernet 2 showing in network connections on a laptop with one ethernet port: only ethernet 2 showing on a laptop with one ethernet port and i can't connect to internet using ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-ethernet-2-showing-in-network-connections-on/a1fbaf6c-583d-437c-96f0-44e32dba9f58
  5. only ethernet 2 showing in network connections on a laptop with one ethernet port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    only ethernet 2 showing in network connections on a laptop with one ethernet port: only ethernet 2 showing on a laptop with one ethernet port and i can't connect to internet using ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-ethernet-2-showing-in-network-connections-on/a1fbaf6c-583d-437c-96f0-44e32dba9f58
  6. only ethernet 2 showing in network connections on a laptop with one ethernet port

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. External HD & eSata port

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HD & eSata port: Some Windows Update kill my PC ability to see External HD plugged to eSata Port. Happened just in the last week, everything was working last time about a week ago. Pluged the SAME External HD via USB2/3 - all looks good. Another update broke Win10 functionality?!...
  8. eSata external device shows up with just one drive since Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    eSata external device shows up with just one drive since Windows 10: Hi, same question as in this thread ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esata-drive-not-recognized-in-w10/44f105e8-3ee7-42fa-85ac-aca5803c59ff My hardware/BIOS configuration used to work like a charme under Windows 7. I have a "sil3726" based eSata...
  9. M2 Drives being seen in BIOS, but only one shows up in Windows 10

M2 Drives being seen in BIOS, but only one shows up in Windows 10: Replaced MB/CPU. New Board is an ASUS X299 Deluxe. In the BIOS I can see both the M2 Drives I've installed. IN windows only the 1Tb drive installed in the first M2 slot, while the 2nd 2Tb drive doesn't appear. I've upgraded to the most current Bios, and installed Samsung's...
  10. eSATA drive shows in This PC, not in Desktop

eSATA drive shows in This PC, not in Desktop: My eSATA (external Hitachi) drive shows in This PC, when I open Windows Explorer, but does not appear in the list of Desktop items. if I turn the drive off and back on again, explorer finds it again. The drive is otherwise working properly. Is there some setting I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1909 esata port multiplier

2. omlnluy one drive showing in Windows 10

3. how to make an esata port recognize more than one drive

4. only one drive is showing up,
  5. only 1 drive showing up