Windows 10: Only one external hard drive shows when two are connected

Discus and support Only one external hard drive shows when two are connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Version: 1909 This is the second day of having my new Dell G15 laptop. I have two identical Samsung 2TB external hard drives. I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Autobahn, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Autobahn Win User

Only one external hard drive shows when two are connected

Windows 10 Version: 1909

This is the second day of having my new Dell G15 laptop.

I have two identical Samsung 2TB external hard drives.
    I want to connect two drives to transfer some files from one to another.
    It can't be done: The other drive does not show.
    It could be the drivers need updating but using 'Device Manager' it says they are up to date.

Any help will be much appreciated.

:)

Autobahn, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jul 31, 2020
  3. external hard drive

Hi Chrpee,

If you can't find external hard drive on Disk management than the next step is using the diskpart via command line, please follow the steps below:-

On the keyboard hit ((Windows logo key + R key)) than type ((CMD))

Now the windows command line will appear, the next steps is to type ((diskpart))

After that type ((list disk)) to show you the list of hard disks with partitions

If you found your external hard drive one of the list than you need to type ((select disk number)), note: the number is a disk number

Once you selected the hard disk or partitions than type ((clean))

than type ((create partition primary))

than type ((select partition 1))

than type ((active))

than type ((format fs=ntfs quick))

than type ((assign))

last type ((exit))

Check if the external hard drive appeared, if not please see the link below for more info and let me know if you need any assist

https://uk.pcmag.com/dvd-burners/120624/what-to...

Abdirahman Issa, Jul 31, 2020
  4. vallero Win User

external hard drive not recognized

I downloaded EaseUs partition software, when I run the software it does not show the external hard drive in the list of connected drives, it only shows my main internal drive. Windows disk manager continues to show the external drive however with the same unresponsiveness.

vallero, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Only one external hard drive shows when two are connected - Similar Threads - external hard drive

2. One Drive/External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive/External Hard Drive: For some time since I have done a Reinstall of windows, I had issues of when I would try to eject my external hard drive, with a notice that another program was using the drive and could not eject.I noticed when I was exploring various ways to solve this issue that Task...
  3. One Drive/External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive/External Hard Drive: For some time since I have done a Reinstall of windows, I had issues of when I would try to eject my external hard drive, with a notice that another program was using the drive and could not eject.I noticed when I was exploring various ways to solve this issue that Task...
  4. Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive: I am interested in syncing two 12TB external drives through my Windows 10 machine, I call them A and B. I want to be able to update the B drive every so often with organisation changes and additions that I make on my A drive automatically after choosing the moment to sync and...
  5. Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive: I am interested in syncing two 12TB external drives through my Windows 10 machine, I call them A and B. I want to be able to update the B drive every so often with organisation changes and additions that I make on my A drive automatically after choosing the moment to sync and...
  6. Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Desktop to connect to two external hard drives.

Desktop to connect to two external hard drives.: Hi, I'm looking to have my desktop connected to two external drives in order to copy files from one external drive to the other external drive. Please help.Thanks.Joe...
  8. Two hard drives in the same PC, but only the SSD one shows up...

Two hard drives in the same PC, but only the SSD one shows up...: A few days ago, I installed a new SSD to run Windows 10 on. I kept the existing drive in too. I installed Windows 10 onto the new SSD and it runs beautifully and I used the old drive as storage. However, following a problem, I had to reformat the SSD and reinstalled...
  9. External hard drive not showing up when connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive not showing up when connected: Hi there - I connected my Seagate 2Tb external HD my laptop and while the drive turns on (light activated and disk spinning), the drive is not showing up as connected to my computer. I've used this drive with this same laptop many times previously without any complication....
  10. External hard drive not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive not showing: Hi, I've connected an external Samsung USB hard drive (not a stick) to my fully updated Win 10 PC and it doesn't show up in File manager. I've gone into Device manager and it shows it as: 'Samsung M3 Portable SCSI Disk Device' but it's not a SCSI drive....