Windows 10: Only one monitor picture extremely bright and sharp

Discus and support Only one monitor picture extremely bright and sharp in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone! So I don’t normally shut my pc down at night, but last night I shut it down and turned it on this morning and went to play a game before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jicicle, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Only one monitor picture extremely bright and sharp

Hey everyone!

So I don’t normally shut my pc down at night, but last night I shut it down and turned it on this morning and went to play a game before work and my monitor was extremely bright and sharp (i think that’s the right term) my other monitors seem to be fine.

Monitor: Rog swift pg27u gsync 165 hz

Now when I start the pc up the log in screen looks fine.

Steps I have done - updated to windows 1903 and 1909 (I’m assuming my pc updated overnight to something) -shut off calibration under task scheduling (but turned it back on after it didn’t work) -uninstalled graphics card -removed display port and put it back in and moved it on the gpu -ran dism and sfc scans

Please help!

TL;dr monitor colors wacky after shutting down of over night need help

submitted by /u/jicicle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jicicle, Dec 2, 2019

2. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Sharpness on my N8

Hello. Looking at the picture suggests there is not enough light for sharpness of image.

Perhaps you could try taking a picture in Night mode. Although I've tried this myself and the image is not very sharp at all when taken in low light conditions.

As a comparison, could you take a picture indoors in bright light conditions to eliminate whether

the camera itself is faulty?

All the best.

Ray

Ray Hipkiss, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Only one monitor picture extremely bright and sharp

Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Only one monitor picture extremely bright and sharp

1. Only one monitor picture extremely bright and sharp - Similar Threads - monitor picture extremely

2. Word file shows only sharps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word file shows only sharps: Today, I tried to open a file I have been working on for quite a long time on my laptop, but all it showed was eleven pages of sharps. Nothing but sharps!I rebooted my laptop and scanned it as well, in case it helps, but nothing changed.Furthermore, among the word files, this...
  3. Word file shows only sharps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word file shows only sharps: Today, I tried to open a file I have been working on for quite a long time on my laptop, but all it showed was eleven pages of sharps. Nothing but sharps!I rebooted my laptop and scanned it as well, in case it helps, but nothing changed.Furthermore, among the word files, this...
  4. Only one monitor works at a time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only one monitor works at a time: I just built my first pc, and I connect both monitors but only the first monitor connected displays anything and the other will just go idling to sleep. I updated the display driver I've tried to detect other monitors but nothing has seemed to work for me. Please help me...
  5. Monitor Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Brightness: Back in win7 from which I updated to wint 10 I could change the brightness of my external monitor with no issue in-system. For whatever reason, that option is now gone in Win 10....
  6. Win10 How to Remove Background Picture For One Monitor Only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 How to Remove Background Picture For One Monitor Only: I have 2 monitors and set a different picture as the background for each monitor. I want one solid color and the picture on the other but now I can only change them to both solid or a picture same or different on each. When I choose Solid Color both monitors go solid and...
  7. extremely slow wifi on only one computer in the house

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    extremely slow wifi on only one computer in the house: Ive tried everything i can find on the internet and nothing seems to fix the problem. i even bought a new wifi adapter and that didnt work either. we have other devices in the house including another pc and the wifi works perfectly fine on them so im not sure of the problem....
  8. Screen brightness, one login only

Screen brightness, one login only: After a recent update, the screen is too bright *only on my login*. Windows 10, Dell laptop, external LG monitor. I have been unable to find an adjustment to lower screen brightness without reducing contrast. Any ideas? Thanks....
  9. Sharpness and Quality of Picture Changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sharpness and Quality of Picture Changes: Hello there, I am having this issue with the sharpness of letters and with the quality of image on my PC. This happens anytime I use Windows Photo App, when playing videos through it, on Worldofwarcraft.com webpage and Overwatch patch information. The picture changes back...
  10. 2 Monitors Only One Background Picture

2 Monitors Only One Background Picture: With the latest build 10074 there doesn't appear to be a way to use two different background pictures on two monitors. This feature has been available since Windows 7, perhaps earlier. I have provided that information to Microsoft. Using a horizontal inversion on one...