Windows 10: Only one of my Audio Jacks is producing sound and its only allowing headphones,

Discus and support Only one of my Audio Jacks is producing sound and its only allowing headphones, in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; None of my audio is working through any source except my front headphone jack and it HAS to be headphones. None of the rear audio jacks seem to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Xionite97, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Xionite97 Win User

Only one of my Audio Jacks is producing sound and its only allowing headphones,

None of my audio is working through any source except my front headphone jack and it HAS to be headphones. None of the rear audio jacks seem to do anything, the audio jack on the back of my monitor does nothing, and it thinks I have a pink audio jack on the front and I don't. However a device saying it was the Pink jack popped up when I plugged a speaker into the rear green jack which doesn't make any sense. Please help...

:)

Xionite97, Jul 22, 2021

2. Headphone Jack VIA HD Audio wont produce sound

I have a sager NP7339 laptop and the side headphone jacks wont produce any sound, while the speakers work fine the jack refuses to do anything. Help please?

JoshuaOtfinoski, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Dell E6400 - No Sound from Headphone Jack

Working on a really old Dell E6400 laptop. The laptop speakers produce sound but when you plug in external speakers using the headphone jack, power supplied through USB port, there is no sound. When you look at the various sound panels nothing indicates the external speakers have been plugged in. Yes speakers work, tested on alternate system.

The system has Microsoft drivers for sound - High Definition Audio. Lots of reading on internet, think they should be IDT High Definition Audio. Went to Dell and found old Win 7 driver for sound. IDT_92HDXXX-HD-Audio_A03-R297613.exe. This is file listed in another thread here about crackling sound.

First install attempt failed. Set compatibility mode for exe to Win 7 and ran again, still failed. Internet seems to be littered with sound issue from these old IDT devices.

Wondering if any members with one of these older Dell devices knows a trick or two. All suggestions welcomed.

Running Windows 20H2, all maintenance applied. No start date for problem, client needs sound to be louder so bought a cheap pair of external speakers. This issue could have been present for years. As stated, speakers work on other systems.

Thanks

Caledon Ken, Jul 22, 2021
  4. fireberd Win User

No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

Only one of my Audio Jacks is producing sound and its only allowing headphones, [​IMG]

fireberd, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Only one of my Audio Jacks is producing sound and its only allowing headphones, - Similar Threads - Audio Jacks producing

2. My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound: So, my PC plays microphone quality sound into my headphones, and when i want to switch to my normal headphone sound, it produces no sound at all....
  3. My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound: So, my PC plays microphone quality sound into my headphones, and when i want to switch to my normal headphone sound, it produces no sound at all....
  4. audio jack not working, only plays sound when headphones are plugged in while restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio jack not working, only plays sound when headphones are plugged in while restarting: whenever i plug my headphones into my pc after restarting i hear no sound, and the headphonesno matter what kind dont show up on connected headphone listbut when i plug in the headphones and restart my pc with the headphones inside it works fine, and i can continue to hear...
  5. Bluetooth audio devices produce sound from only one program.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth audio devices produce sound from only one program.: I have a bluetooth headphone. The problem is when I play audio from 2 programs. Only sound from one program is produced. I want to hear sound from all the programs.Please Help. Thanks....
  6. Audio only headphones sound wierd

Audio only headphones sound wierd: I have a headset with a microphone that I use pluged in both audio and microphone ports and they sound good, but when I use my headphones without a mic, pluged only in the audio port, they sound weird, like only half of the song is playing. I tried plugin them into my phone...
  7. No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack: I just updated my ROG GU501G laptop to the latest Windows update last night and since then I havent been able to get any sound coming out of my internal speakers. Sounds comes fine through the headphone jack. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. I tried...
  8. Headphones play sound only on one side

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphones play sound only on one side: Hello everyone, I recently built for the first time my PC and got windows 10 on it. Everything works fine, except the sound. When I insert my Logitech G332 headset on the front pannel, sound only plays on the left side. I've already looked at the balance and the left and...
  9. Headphone jack producing static noise.

Headphone jack producing static noise.: I have a Acer TravelMate B117 that I have been having audio issues with. My speakers work fine (they were acting up so I restarted my laptop and this is when the troubles started to occur, also wasn't even picking up that there was anything plugged in before restart), but...
  10. Headphones produce no sound

Headphones produce no sound: I got a Genesis Cobalt 300 headphones and I've tried everything(updated realtek drivers, rolled back to many versions,uninstalled them,repaired them etc.) i also had a problem where my headphones would get recognized as speakers but fixed that, now they're marked as Realtek...