Windows 10: Only one of my system is always showing this error while connecting to my mobile FTP server...

Discus and support Only one of my system is always showing this error while connecting to my mobile FTP server... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VickyCZR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0uoxn/only_one_of_my_system_is_always_showing_this/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VickyCZR, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Only one of my system is always showing this error while connecting to my mobile FTP server...

/u/VickyCZR, Sep 27, 2020

2. Add native FTP feature in Windows 10 Mobile's File Explorer

I noticed that Windows 10 Mobile lacks the functionality to connect to an FTP server. This is unlike the Windows 10 File Explorer on PC where connecting to an FTP server is built-in and needs no extra applications to aid with the connecting. I would like
    to suggest native FTP connectivity a feature in Windows 10 Mobile's File Explorer, since it would be easier without the need of a third-party application.

It would be great to move files from a Windows 10 Mobile device over to an FTP server that is located at home or at the office. Therefore, I am suggesting this.

Lumia 625 user, Sep 27, 2020
  3. NateZ99 Win User
    Unable to connect to Windows FTP Server

Hi all. I'm hoping somebody can point in the right direction, or walk me through steps to troubleshoot this issue.

I set up an FTP server on a windows 10 desktop using the built-in Windows FTP service capabilities.
    Everything was working fine.

Today I attempted to access the FTP Server, both through a web browser and through file explorer, but without success.
    Through a web browser it times out, and through file explorer it prompts me for authentication but shows an empty root folder.

So far I have done the following:

*Reset all network settings using NetAdapterRepair1.2
    *Checked Windows Firewall settings - FTP allow option is checked
    *Checked that ESET firewall is NOT activated
    *Re-assigned the same static IP address from before running NetAdapterRepair
    *Checked port-forwarding rule on modem-router - set to FTP service with port 21
    *Checked system file integrity - SFC /scannow - no integrity violations
    *Checked the Windows 10 image - DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth - completed successfully
    *Checked the FTP settings through IIS manager - can't find anything wrong
    *Attempted to connect to the FTP server with all security apps turned off - ESET Smart Security, MBAM, MBAE, Windows and ESET Firewall -all turned off. Previously when all these were running I had no issue connecting to the server.

It is important to note 2 things:
    1) Along with the FTP issue I can no longer connect to the computer in mention through windows RDP
    2) This all seems to have started after I made a mistake with the process of replacing a drive in my Windows storage pool. It has since been corrected. The FTP folder is located in a storage space within that pool. Locally all files and folders are accessible.

Free atomic fireballs for whoever helps me solve this!

NateZ99, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Only one of my system is always showing this error while connecting to my mobile FTP server...

Unable to establish an FTP connection

I have been unable to successfully make an FTP connection to a server using an FTP client in Windows 10. With FileZilla, I get the error message

"Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity

"Could not connect to server"

and with Cyberduck, I see

"Connection failed

"Connection timed out: connect. The connection attempt was rejected. The server may be down, or your network may not be properly configured."

The connection is to allow me to manage a website, and I have done it many times, including I think from this Windows 10 computer.

The Network Diagnostics in Cyberduck simply said:

"Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem"

I’ve done the following

• checked the Cyberduck and FileZilla settings and procedures against their help pages
    • contacted the webhost, who confirmed that there is no problem their end and I should have access
    • tested the connection for myself with www.net2ftp.com
    • contacted my broadband supplier, who confirmed that there are no issues with the router that may affect FTP
    • added Cyberduck and FileZilla to the exclusions in
      • Windows Defender
      • Malwarebytes
      • Windows Firewall
    I can’t think of anything else. Any suggestions?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

GiacomoJames, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Only one of my system is always showing this error while connecting to my mobile FTP server...

1. Only one of my system is always showing this error while connecting to my mobile FTP server... - Similar Threads - system always showing

2. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  3. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  4. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Impossible to connect my mobile phone to Windows 11 via FTP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to connect my mobile phone to Windows 11 via FTP: Hello,After I have updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I cannot connect my phones to Windows 11 via FTP.In the phone, I use an app called Cx File Explorar. This app works fantastic always, however, with Windows 11 is absolutely impossible to connect.My cell phone is...
  6. Impossible to connect my mobile phone to Windows 11 via FTP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to connect my mobile phone to Windows 11 via FTP: Hello,After I have updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I cannot connect my phones to Windows 11 via FTP.In the phone, I use an app called Cx File Explorar. This app works fantastic always, however, with Windows 11 is absolutely impossible to connect.My cell phone is...
  7. Only My mobile hotspot is not showing in my laptop whereas other hotspot are connecting...

Only My mobile hotspot is not showing in my laptop whereas other hotspot are connecting...: Why's my laptop not detecting my phone's Wi-Fi hotspot ? Other systems as mobile and pc detect my phone's Wi-Fi hotspot and my laptop also detects other phone's hotspot. Then why my laptop is not detecting my moblie's Wi-Fi?...
  8. FTP Server External Connections & More

FTP Server External Connections & More: Question 1: Connect Externally. How do I let other people outside of my network, a totally different IP, join my FTP server, and read and write on it? Question 2: Creating a user for an FTP server. Is there a way to create an account for an FTP server. Because whenever I...
  9. Ftp server

Ftp server: Hello I was wondering if there is any app or a way that allow me to sharing files with computers that are not on my network. 112192
  10. Unable to connect to Windows FTP Server

Unable to connect to Windows FTP Server: Hi all. I'm hoping somebody can point in the right direction, or walk me through steps to troubleshoot this issue. I set up an FTP server on a windows 10 desktop using the built-in Windows FTP service capabilities. Everything was working fine. Today I attempted to...