Windows 10: Only One Power Option Is Available

Discus and support Only One Power Option Is Available in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro on a Surface Pro 3. I was working on my power options & I've noticed I only have one power option available - "Balanced".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by roystreet, Apr 13, 2016.

1. roystreet Win User

Only One Power Option Is Available

Hello,
    I have Windows 10 Pro on a Surface Pro 3. I was working on my power options & I've noticed I only have one power option available - "Balanced". Also, if I go in to create a new power plan, I can only change the basic options, even though I click on "Change Advanced Power Settings Not Currently Available" It acts as if I'm going to be able to change advanced options, but hardly anything is even there to change.

Thanks!

:)

roystreet, Apr 13, 2016
  2. Henry3021 Win User

no power option available

There are currently no power option available when I tried to log out. I have windows 10.

Henry3021, Apr 13, 2016
  3. "there are currently no power options available"

Hi Marc,

Have you already done what Ryan Mon1 has advised to you? If yes, what was the result?

Let's see if the same error message will appear from a new administrator account.
    If it does, you might be experiencing an account specific issue.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Michelle Her, Apr 13, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

Hi,
    Go to Turn windows features On/Off(Programs &Features), select Hyper-v, once installed reboot.

brummyfan, Apr 14, 2016
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    Suggest you use a bit of caution with Hyper-V on SP3. There are drawbacks. Please see this article for some of the details.
    Hyper-V Power Plans on Surface Pro 3 : Surface

f14tomcat, Apr 14, 2016
  6. roystreet Win User
    Sorry to say, but that didn't work
    Only One Power Option Is Available [​IMG]

roystreet, Apr 14, 2016
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    I have a Surface Pro 3. What options are you trying to adjust?

f14tomcat, Apr 14, 2016
  8. roystreet Win User

I have the following options:
    Balanced
    - Require password on wakeup
    - Desktop background aettings
    - Slideshow

Sleep
    - Hibernate after

Power buttons and lid
    - Lid close
    - Power button action

Display
    - Turn off display after
    - Display brightness
    - Dimmed display brightness
    - Enable adaptive brightness

Battery
    - Critical battery level
    - Low battery level
    - Critical battery level
    - Low battery notification
    - Low battery action
    - Reserve battery level

I thought I would have other items like internet explorer, USB settings, graphics settings, wireless adaptor settings, etc

I don't even have the "high performance" as an option

Sorry about the slow response*Rolleyes

roystreet, Apr 15, 2016
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    Those are exactly the same options I have on my SP3. There is a long discussion here on the same subject:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/s...1-1619c3dce23c

Again, caution using the Hyper-V solution as it will affect how your SP3 deals with sleep mode and waking up. The following article from MS discusses the Powercfg command. You could try to set individual options via the command line, but they will not show up in the Power Options UI. If you want to try, I suggest a good backup first and/or using the Export function of Powercfg to save your current settings. They can be restored with the Import function. Another possibility is if you have a desktop with all the power options available and set to what you want, you could Export them and Import them to your SP3.

Powercfg Command-Line Options

Whatever course you take, please backup first!

TC

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Only One Power Option Is Available - Similar Threads - Power Option Available

2. There are currently no power options available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There are currently no power options available.: Hello, Yesterday I updated my computer to Windows 11. Today I went to restart my computer by using the start menu and clicking the power button, but the message "There are currently no power options available" displayed instead of the usual "Sleep-restart-shut down" menu. How...
  3. Power options not available

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power options not available: So i installed an application for my exams, and since then neither the Alt+F4 key is working nor can i find the power options to shut down my laptop in the start menu. I have uninstalled the app but the problem persists....
  4. ONLY ONE POWER OPTION

in Windows 10 Customization
    ONLY ONE POWER OPTION: Ok so i went to power options and decuded to check maximum performance for my laptip abd found only Balanced Power Option. I read from different sites that it's a windows update thing that got rid of it. They provided some registry tweaks to hopefully restore them back. I...
  5. Power Options not available

Power Options not available: I've been having the same issue for well over a week now; my start menu's power button states "There are currently no power options available". I've attempted the NoClose method through my registry, but I don't have anything by that name in the appropriate folders. I...
  6. Windows 10 Lacking Power Options: Only Balanced available

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lacking Power Options: Only Balanced available: Hey, I've been trying to fix this issue already since some days ago. Back then, before I clicked on "Reset this PC", I had every power option available from balance to ultimate performance. Now I only see Balanced option and it's lacking some advanced power settings. I've...
  7. power options not available

power options not available: after the recent update my all power options are unavailable because of that i am not able to restart or shut down my laptop please help me how can i overcome this problem...
  8. Power options are not available.

Power options are not available.: In my system, power option is not available. What can I do? Please instruct me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-options-are-not-available/1a8ccbe7-2f78-465e-b3d0-becc46729aca
  9. No power options available

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No power options available: I downloaded a lockdown browser for my final exams and ever since then, my PC has gone to hell. It freezes and crashes so much more. I deleted the lockdown browser and it still shows I have no power options and my PC is still acting weird. Does anyone know how I can get the...
  10. Power options not available

Power options not available: Every time I try to shutdown or restart my laptop, it shows there are currently no power options available. Why ? Please help me solve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-options-not-available/3dbed7d6-9ea7-4a17-ac2d-defaad18c5c6