Windows 10: Only one speaker at a time

Discus and support Only one speaker at a time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two Sony Extra Bass speakers connected via Bluetooth to my Dell running Windows 10. The problem is only ONE of the two speakers will work at one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by markcou, Nov 30, 2020.

1. markcou Win User

Only one speaker at a time

I have two Sony Extra Bass speakers connected via Bluetooth to my Dell running Windows 10. The problem is only ONE of the two speakers will work at one time. So, both speakers work and the volume is fine.

In the Device Manager both speakers appear under both the Bluetooth and "Sound, video and game controllers". However, in the DM under "Audio inputs and outputs" only this is listed: "Stereo Mix Realtek Audio"

In the control panel under "Bluetooth& other devices" both speakers appear under Audio and are connected voice, music. Under the "Manage sound devices" appear under both Output and Input devices. In this same location I can test the speakers and hear the chime.

I greatly appreciate help with this issue.

:)

markcou, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

speakers

Hi Charlie,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be one of the possible causes why your speakers are not working properly. To efficiently assists you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Have you tried connecting your speakers to another computer and check if the issue still persists?
    • Have you tried using other speakers and check if the issue still persists?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Only one speaker at a time - Similar Threads - speaker

2. No speakers or headphones are plugged in after Factory resetting my Pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in after Factory resetting my Pc: "No speakers or headphones are plugged" even though my Headphone and microphone are plugged in, the sound is "UNKNOWN", and my webcam got detected as my mic after i factory reset my pc...
  3. No speakers or headphones are plugged in after Factory resetting my Pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in after Factory resetting my Pc: "No speakers or headphones are plugged" even though my Headphone and microphone are plugged in, the sound is "UNKNOWN", and my webcam got detected as my mic after i factory reset my pc...
  4. No speakers or headphones are plugged in after Factory resetting my Pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Who muted my speaker endpoint?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who muted my speaker endpoint?: How does Windows remember the mute/unmute status of the Speaker endpoint? Is it stored somewhere like mmDevice? If my Speaker is mysteriously muted, not by my action but possibly by some background service, does Windows keep a record of which program caused the mute? How can...
  6. Who muted my speaker endpoint?

Who muted my speaker endpoint?: How does Windows remember the mute/unmute status of the Speaker endpoint? Is it stored somewhere like mmDevice? If my Speaker is mysteriously muted, not by my action but possibly by some background service, does Windows keep a record of which program caused the mute? How can...
  7. USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device: Few days ago, I bought a dual 3.5 jack headset. The only flaw was that the stereo audio on it wasn't working and the sound quality felt very bad. Later I realized that it was being detected as "Speakers". I returned it to Amazon thinking that it was a manufacturing defect.I...
  8. USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device

USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device: Few days ago, I bought a dual 3.5 jack headset. The only flaw was that the stereo audio on it wasn't working and the sound quality felt very bad. Later I realized that it was being detected as "Speakers". I returned it to Amazon thinking that it was a manufacturing defect.I...
  9. USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. No Speaker/Headphone Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Speaker/Headphone Device: I have had the issue that suddenly I lacked an audio output for my headphones. I shut off every other driver in my device manager and I am left with just a microphone option as an input but no outputs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the high definition audio driver and am...