Windows 10: Only one speaker working (no luck searching the web)

Discus and support Only one speaker working (no luck searching the web) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I'm using a compact stereo as speakers with one of my computers(Philips micro Hi-Fi system BTB2370). I've been using it for about half a year... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KTJEriksson, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Only one speaker working (no luck searching the web)

Hello.

I'm using a compact stereo as speakers with one of my computers(Philips micro Hi-Fi system BTB2370). I've been using it for about half a year now and it's been working great. However, when starting my computer today the left speaker was silent.

I've been troubleshooting for a while now, and when I connect any other source to the stereo it works fine(phone/radio/usb etc.) as well as using a different aux-cable, so I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the stereo in particular.

That led to checking drivers and audio settings in the computer since that seems to be the next place to look when the stereo wasn't the problem. I started by updating the drivers that were installed already, which is Realtek HD Audio. No luck. I then tried removing Realtek to use windows generic audio drivers instead, but it still didn't solve the problem. I then checked all the settings I can think of to see if I could find something that would cause the issue, but I can't find anything wrong. And yes, I've tried restarting the computer several times. The strangest part is that if I connect regular headphones to the computer they work fine, both speakers in the headphones outputting sound as they should.

Also, if I switch places of the speaker cables on the back on the stereo the left speaker starts working but the right one doesn't. That made me think again that maybe the left connection on the back of the stereo was faulting, but since it works with every other source that can't be the case. It's only when connected to the computer it refuses to work.

Does anyone have any tips on what I can try to make it work again? Any settings that might be easy to miss? I'm going to check for any windows updates to see if that might fix the problem as well as test the computer with other speakers as soon as I find a spare. All tips are welcome in the meantime though.

:)

KTJEriksson, Oct 23, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Disable Store and Web search in Start Menu

Hello
    SystemSupport346,

Since the steps above did not work for you, we suggest that you disable web search by navigating the settings of Cortana itself. Please follow the steps below:

• Open the search box in the taskbar.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • On the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Turn off the Search online and include web results. See screenshot below:

Only one speaker working (no luck searching the web) 4b6583c8-efc0-4f9f-a9a0-4ce531f271db?upload=true.png

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Only one speaker working (no luck searching the web)

Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Only one speaker working (no luck searching the web) a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Only one speaker working (no luck searching the web)

1. Only one speaker working (no luck searching the web) - Similar Threads - speaker working luck

2. only one speaker is working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only one speaker is working: Hello, I'm having trouble with my windows 10 pc, apparently only one speaker is working. I tried troubleshooting but it won't fix the issue. The speaker works fine on my Linux PC. What should I do?...
  3. only one speaker is working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    only one speaker is working: Hello, I'm having trouble with my windows 10 pc, apparently only one speaker is working. I tried troubleshooting but it won't fix the issue. The speaker works fine on my Linux PC. What should I do?...
  4. only one speaker is working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Web search not working.

in Cortana
    Web search not working.: Web searching is not working. I have tried indexing, rebuilding, restarting services and cortana. This was triggered by a debloat. I am not just going to 'use Google' because I like convenience sake....
  6. Web search not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web search not working.: Web searching is not working. I have tried indexing, rebuilding, restarting services and cortana. This was triggered by a debloat. I am not just going to 'use Google' because I like convenience sake....
  7. Web search not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Only One Laptop Speaker Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only One Laptop Speaker Working: So for some reason sound only comes out the left side of my laptop. I have checked audio drivers as well as the balance. And I simply cannot get sound to come from the right speaker....
  9. Web and search not working for one of my sons account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Web and search not working for one of my sons account: HelloI have 2 sons each of them with their family account. For one of them I see all their web pages and we searches whereas for the other one I do not see any web and search activity since the account was created. Both of them are using Edge...
  10. Windows Search only searching Web and Store.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search only searching Web and Store.: Hopefully somebody knows how to fix this. I have 2 machines running windows 10, and it seems like a lot of struggle of late. My latest problem as of this eve on my downstairs machine, is that Windows Search seems to be confined to just the store and web. Meaning, if I click...