Windows 10: Only one system selection on boot startup

Discus and support Only one system selection on boot startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In my system i have 2 windows installed one on C and one on disk J. In my msconfig i see both but on stratup i see only one windows and not 2, so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hispanico, Jul 6, 2021.

1. hispanico Win User

Only one system selection on boot startup

In my system i have 2 windows installed one on C and one on disk J. In my msconfig i see both but on stratup i see only one windows and not 2, so i need every time to select one of this as default and in this way on startup i can select the windows that i want. There is the possibility to show on boot the 2 windows installation ? Thank Hispa

:)

hispanico, Jul 6, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jul 6, 2021
  3. "Reboot and Select Proper Boot device"

Hi,

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

What happens when you select the hard disk as the priority and then try booting from the BIOS screen?

I suggest you to try performing a Startup repair to check if it helps.

Perform a Startup Repair on the system

Create a Windows 10 installation media and perform a Startup Repair on the device and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    This is an alternate way to boot the device and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps below to do Startup repair:

Steps:-

• Insert the installation USB drive and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can Create an installation Media.
    • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
      and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.\
    • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    • Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
      and select the operating system.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jul 6, 2021
  4. Only one system selection on boot startup

Boot problem - Stuck in Selective Startup

Please help me, I'm desperate! I followed some steps and it seems I reuined my normal booting. I did this steps: -I entered the run windows -> MSCONFIG -left click on the BOOT tab -unchecked the box next to "safe mode" --left click on GENERAL tab -from the
    features I got there I went to SELECTIVE STARTUP -unchecked the features to clear the selections -left click on the SERVICES - disable all -left click on STARTUP tab and disabled each item in the list -reboot the windows

AND I GOT STUCK... it doesn't boot normally, it appears only the background image and some features below like: languages, connections. PLEASE help me to go back to normal boot... if a still can Only one system selection on boot startup :(

I only can enter the Bios Mode... with F8

Using Windows 10

PetraEithne, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

Only one system selection on boot startup

1. Only one system selection on boot startup - Similar Threads - system selection boot

2. Only one keyboard layout selectable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one keyboard layout selectable: Hello guys,I'm having an issue with the language switcher the one you can trigger with Windows + Spacebar.As you can see I have two languages installed, English and Chinese.I don't know why but in the language switcher it only comes with Chinese and I can't choose anything...
  3. Only one keyboard layout selectable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only one keyboard layout selectable: Hello guys,I'm having an issue with the language switcher the one you can trigger with Windows + Spacebar.As you can see I have two languages installed, English and Chinese.I don't know why but in the language switcher it only comes with Chinese and I can't choose anything...
  4. Dual Windows OS system cannot boot with only one OS

Dual Windows OS system cannot boot with only one OS: Hello all,I have 2 nvme SSDs on my system that each contains its own Windows installation, one with Windows 10, one with Windows 11.I bought the second SSD a few months back, installed Windows 11 on it, and it works like a charm. However, I am always prompted with the select...
  5. Dual Windows OS system cannot boot with only one OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Windows OS system cannot boot with only one OS: Hello all,I have 2 nvme SSDs on my system that each contains its own Windows installation, one with Windows 10, one with Windows 11.I bought the second SSD a few months back, installed Windows 11 on it, and it works like a charm. However, I am always prompted with the select...
  6. dual boot one broken but only one partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dual boot one broken but only one partition: 2015 i bought a laptop with win8 on it. when it was time, i updated to winX. Now at startup, i get to choose dual boot. i never gave it much thought tbo. then my harddrive died 2020 and i gave it to a shop to fix it useless idiot, i had to get the filehistory/image back on...
  7. dual boot one broken but only one partition

dual boot one broken but only one partition: 2015 i bought a laptop with win8 on it. when it was time, i updated to winX. Now at startup, i get to choose dual boot. i never gave it much thought tbo. then my harddrive died 2020 and i gave it to a shop to fix it useless idiot, i had to get the filehistory/image back on...
  8. Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup: When I select "normal startup" in System Config it always reverts back to "selective startup". All the boxes in Advanced T. S.have been cleared. I have read on this forum I'm not alone with this issue and isn't really a problem. My question is if I select the " make all boot...
  9. Select Startup not available in system config?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Select Startup not available in system config?: system configuration only has normal startup enabled and won't permit me to change to selected startup. Does anybody have a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-startup-not-available-in-system-config/20a66bbe-0b3f-43e0-b9df-d3470e4a9cdb
  10. Why does system configuration stick with "Selective Startup" ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does system configuration stick with "Selective Startup" ?: Hi All, My Windows 10 home-64b works flawlessly, but I've realized that the system configuration stubbornly continues to initiate under "Selective Startup" instead of "Normal Startup" which makes me wonder which "services" cannot be loaded. I've tried to change it but it...