Windows 10: Only one way communication possible?

Discus and support Only one way communication possible? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two computers, both running Windows 10, in the same network. I have mapped the harddrive of each computer onto the other. The mapping works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anders4m, Dec 9, 2018.

1. anders4m Win User

Only one way communication possible?

I have two computers, both running Windows 10, in the same network.

I have mapped the harddrive of each computer onto the other. The mapping works always, but only one way, and not necessarily the same way. That means.

Monday, I can see the hard drive of computer A from computer B, if I try to look at computer B I get an error message, "An error occurred when reconnecting.... etc".

Tuesday, the situation is the opposite, the mapping that gave an error message the day before now works, and the one that worked gives an error message.

It keeps on switching, sometimes it goes weeks between the switches, sometimes days, and I can see no pattern for when the one or the other will work, it seems not to matter whether I turn the one or the other computer on first.

Is there any way to get both mappings to work simultaneously?

:)

anders4m, Dec 9, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

The P35 Chipset Club

double post (sorry) but another good way is to sort it by FSB, so that people can look to the top of the list to see the best OC'er in each category.

possibly sort it out by core type as well?

Kentsfield (B-3 stepping)
    Kentsfield (g0 stepping)
    Conroe
    Conroe 1333 FSB (e6x50 line)
    Allendale (2M 800FSB)

its an idea, but the list is somewhat short at the moment so it may be pointless til it gets bigger.

Mussels, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Only one way communication possible? - Similar Threads - communication possible

2. windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING": hi i have major issues windows 11 with my audio being taken over whenever a audio voice channel is open despite deactivating sound communication to "do nothing" when a voice channel is detected. drivers are up to date. its not just one particular app. you can have spotify or...
  3. windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING": hi i have major issues windows 11 with my audio being taken over whenever a audio voice channel is open despite deactivating sound communication to "do nothing" when a voice channel is detected. drivers are up to date. its not just one particular app. you can have spotify or...
  4. MIDI communication doesn't work inside pc anymore - Different extern and intern MIDI...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIDI communication doesn't work inside pc anymore - Different extern and intern MIDI...: Hello everyone,All of sudden none of my extern or intern MIDI devices/software dont't work on my PC anymore. Either in my DAW music software or in different software, that uses MIDI none of my MIDI keyboards, interfaces and intern MIDI-Software like LoopMIDI don't show up...
  5. MIDI communication doesn't work inside pc anymore - Different extern and intern MIDI...

MIDI communication doesn't work inside pc anymore - Different extern and intern MIDI...: Hello everyone,All of sudden none of my extern or intern MIDI devices/software dont't work on my PC anymore. Either in my DAW music software or in different software, that uses MIDI none of my MIDI keyboards, interfaces and intern MIDI-Software like LoopMIDI don't show up...
  6. MIDI communication doesn't work inside pc anymore - Different extern and intern MIDI...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. MIDI communication doesen't work inside pc anymore - Different extern and intern MIDI...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MIDI communication doesen't work inside pc anymore - Different extern and intern MIDI...: Hello everyone,All of sudden none of my extern or intern MIDI devices/software dont't work on my PC anymore. Either in my DAW music software or in different software, that uses MIDI none of my MIDI keyboards, interfaces and intern MIDI-Software like LoopMIDI don't show up...
  8. HP Designjet 130, blank front panel, yellow led flashes, no communication with HP System...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Designjet 130, blank front panel, yellow led flashes, no communication with HP System...: I replaced the electronics module in my HP Designjet 130 because the existing one was broken.I took the electronics module from another working printer I had HP Designjet 130nr.The electronics module was working fine in the HP Designjet 130nr, but the printer hardware was...
  9. HP Designjet 130, blank front panel, yellow led flashes, no communication with HP System...

HP Designjet 130, blank front panel, yellow led flashes, no communication with HP System...: I replaced the electronics module in my HP Designjet 130 because the existing one was broken.I took the electronics module from another working printer I had HP Designjet 130nr.The electronics module was working fine in the HP Designjet 130nr, but the printer hardware was...
  10. PCI Simple Communication Controller in Device Manager

PCI Simple Communication Controller in Device Manager: I'm getting the following device showing up in Device Manager on Windows 11 64 bit. I'm using a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3_v1.3 motherboard with a i3-2120 Intel CPU. Can someone direct me to the correct drivers for this device ? I've posted the Hardware ID's here too if it helps....