Windows 10: Only patch and use Macrium update on Skippy 18234

Discus and support Only patch and use Macrium update on Skippy 18234 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi folks I'm posting this is a separate post because it can be easily missed in the general Macrium thread. ONLY apply the patch linked to in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jimbo45, Sep 9, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Only patch and use Macrium update on Skippy 18234

Hi folks
    I'm posting this is a separate post because it can be easily missed in the general Macrium thread.

ONLY apply the patch linked to in the Macrium thread to MR on the named skippy - 18234 (and its stand alone rescue tool).

Do not apply patch to any other MR version on any other Windows 10 than the skippy.

If you do the restores etc will fail !!!

For all other builds the normal Macrium update should be followed.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 9, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Only patch and use Macrium update on Skippy 18234 [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Robert11 Win User
    eDellRoot Certificate Problem: Patch Available To Fix It Now ?

Hi,

The Patch you suggested worked well, and fast.
    Sure a lot easier than following 17 steps !

Any idea when the new Patch for the new problem will be available ?

Will it be posted here ? Where ?

Thanks again for all the help,
    Bob

Robert11, Sep 9, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Only patch and use Macrium update on Skippy 18234 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Only patch and use Macrium update on Skippy 18234 - Similar Threads - patch Macrium update

2. how to update superseded patch using mecm

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to update superseded patch using mecm: how to update superseded patch using mecm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-superseded-patch-using-mecm/17867b51-0c5b-4e70-be88-79c1a40c2752
  3. Restore Problem Using Macrium

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Problem Using Macrium: I can backup my system just fine using Macrium. However, when I try to restore it, I encounter all kinds of problems. I have attached screenshots of these issues. I honestly don't know how to fix them, and any help would be most appreciated. I am running Windows version 20H2...
  4. Using Macrium Reflect

Using Macrium Reflect: I'm not confident about using this. Googling tells me Launch Macrium Reflect from your Start menu, desktop or taskbar. Click the disk you want to clone. ... Click Clone this disk Click Select a disk to clone to I've done this but it's not obvious where/what you Click or...
  5. Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...: On my system, the Reflect's "Recovery Boot Menu Option" is enabled, via "Windows PE 10.0 menu (64 Bit). Doing so allows to boot directly from the system drive to Reflect recovery environment, instead of booting from a USB based recovery environment. Basically, it's a...
  6. New Macrium Reflect Updates

New Macrium Reflect Updates: [img] Tip If you guys have any issues with Macrium products, take a look at this: Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special Solved - Windows 10 Forums Macrium founder and CEO Nick Sills will join us to talk about Macrium Reflect and answer your questions in Q&A...
  7. Macrium Reflect v7.1 Use of RoboCopy

Macrium Reflect v7.1 Use of RoboCopy: [img] [img] More info at The source Backup Folder Synchronization - KnowledgeBase v7 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase - KnowledgeBase v7 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase This only applies to The Paid Version 94516
  8. New Macrium Reflect Update

New Macrium Reflect Update: New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated Version 6.1 Build 1225 46206
  9. Macrium Reflect update

Macrium Reflect update: Hello, While making a weekly backup (differential or full) with Macrium version 6, I was notifyedthere is an update for this version, downloaded and installed the update.Then opened the product's site and saw there is a new version - 7, on one page it says free editionhere...
  10. Using Metered Connection to Wait for Patched Update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Metered Connection to Wait for Patched Update?: Hey all, Okay, so I understand how to use metered connections to buy some time before installing updates, but I am only concerned about buying some time to see if any updates are bad--it seems to only take minutes after updates come out for the Net to buzz with "Bad...