Windows 10: Only PCs can't connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi - Windows 10 AC600

Discus and support Only PCs can't connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi - Windows 10 AC600 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Current device: Asus X756UX-T4244T Wi-Fi adapter: FRITZ! AC430 and TP-LINK Archer T2U AC600 Router: Unitymedia Connect Box ( All drivers updated ) Hey,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Maxiu1337, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Maxiu1337 Win User

Only PCs can't connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi - Windows 10 AC600

Current device: Asus X756UX-T4244T
    Wi-Fi adapter: FRITZ! AC430 and TP-LINK Archer T2U AC600
    Router: Unitymedia Connect Box
    ( All drivers updated )
    Hey,
    after seeing how big the speed difference between my 2.4GHz and 5GHz is I tried connecting every device with 5GHz. My iPad and S9 connect with 5GHz instantly without any problems. When I try to connect with any PC after about 5 seconds of loading my Wi-Fi adapter (AC 430) disconnects, then after like 3 seconds the adapter reconnects and it says "cannot connect to this network". Exact same thing with the other adapter and with other PCs.
    Connecting to 2,4GHz is working 100% fine. When I use the same SSID for 2.4G and 5G it automatically connects to 2.4G even tho I have 5G as preferred in Windows.
    I've really tried everything I could find already: Tried 2 different Wi-Fi adapters, they ALL support 5GHz and 802.11ac - Tried 3 different PCs (all Windows 10), reset my network settings, drivers, password is 100% correct, restarted router multiple times, tried all USB ports, changed SSID so 2.4G and 5G are not the same anymore, tried every channel < 50 and all Wi-Fi standards, checked all settings for the adapters + windows, disabled firewall, enabled high-performance mode on my notebook, unplugged everything....

This is very very weird because all my devices except PCs connect to 5GHz. When connecting with a PC the Wi-Fi adapter resets during the process and it fails to connect. It feels like they are being blocked by something. Since my 3 PCs don't connect and the process looks exactly the same (Adapters reset/disconnect while trying to connect) I'm sure it's not a software issue. The adapters are also brand new so they're not the problem. What's the difference between a mobile/iPad Wi-Fi card/adapter and a PC Wi-Fi card/adapter? Why can my mobile devices all connect to 5GHz but my PCs can't? Has anyone ever fixed or experienced this? What else could I try?

Thanks in advance *Wink

:)

Maxiu1337, Sep 3, 2019

2. Sitecom Launches AC750 Wi-Fi Router and AC600 Wi-Fi Adapter

Sitecom presents two new 802.11ac products that allow users to upgrade their home network to support the latest Wi-Fi technology. The WLR-5002 Wi-Fi Router AC750 offers a combined Wi-Fi speed of up to 750 Mbps, Simultaneous Dualband, four Gigabit ports and a USB 2.0 port, and sets the home network up for improved reliability and an enhanced streaming performance. With the WLA-3100 Wi-Fi Adapter AC600 users can easily upgrade their notebook or desktop PC to support 802.11ac.

With more mobile and smart devices such as smartphones, tablets and Smart TVs entering the home, consumers need Wi-Fi that is powerful, easy to use and enables them to stream their media files across the network without interference. 802.11ac is a new wireless standard designed to provide greater Wi-Fi speeds and enhanced reliability. With many 802.11ac-enabled smartphones, tablets and notebooks from leading manufacturers currently being released and more anticipated to debut in the coming year, wireless-AC is quickly becoming the new standard in wireless networking.

Only PCs can't connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi - Windows 10 AC600 Sitecom_WLR-5002_01_thm.jpg

Only PCs can't connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi - Windows 10 AC600 Sitecom_WLA-3100_01_thm.jpg

WLR-5002 Wi-Fi Router AC750
    The WLR-5002 Wi-Fi Router AC750 is the ideal router for users wanting to upgrade their home network to experience the latest Wi-Fi technology. Thanks to the routers integrated Simultaneous Dualband-technology, home users can benefit from two Wi-Fi networks. The standard 2,4 GHz-band is compatible with every Wi-Fi device and uses wireless-N technology to provide Wi-Fi speeds of up to 300 Mbps. The less congested 5 GHz-band utilizes the ac-standard to reach speeds of up to 450 Mbps, ideal for more demanding applications such as online gaming or HD-video streams. Equipped with four Gigabit network ports, the router offers wired speed of up to 1000 Mbps, an excellent setup for game consoles and desktop PCs used for heavy applications. Thanks to the USB 2.0 port, USB peripherals such as printers, scanners or webcams can easily be shared with all users in the home network.

WLA-3100 Wi-Fi Adapter AC600
    The WLA-3100 Wi-Fi Adapter AC600 is ideal to upgrade any notebook or computer to support the latest Wi-Fi technology 802.11ac. It supports wireless speed of up to 150 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz frequency and up to 450 Mbps on the 5 GHz frequency. Thanks to the adapters compact size and sleek design, the WLA-3100 looks good with any notebook or Ultrabook and is an ideal travel companion. The OPS button (One-Push-Setup) on the adapter allows users to create a secure connection with each wireless frequency band of the router with just the push of one button.

The WLR-5002 Wi-Fi Router AC750 and the WLA-3100 Wi-Fi Adapter AC600 are available now and come with the extensive 10-year Sitecom warranty.

Cristian_25H, Sep 3, 2019
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Only PCs can't connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi - Windows 10 AC600

Marivel Man, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Only PCs can't connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi - Windows 10 AC600

1. Only PCs can't connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi - Windows 10 AC600 - Similar Threads - PCs can't connect

2. 5GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity issue Win-11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity issue Win-11: It seems that my laptop is unable to connect to the 5GHz network. Previously, I had no trouble connecting, but now it struggles to authenticate my device. After entering the password, it spends some time in "verifying and connecting" before ultimately failing to connect to...
  3. 5GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity issue Win-11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity issue Win-11: It seems that my laptop is unable to connect to the 5GHz network. Previously, I had no trouble connecting, but now it struggles to authenticate my device. After entering the password, it spends some time in "verifying and connecting" before ultimately failing to connect to...
  4. Can't connect to a 5Ghz Wi-Fi network in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to a 5Ghz Wi-Fi network in Windows 11: Around May 2022, I noticed that my laptop is not able to connect to the 5Ghz network. I was using it freely before that moment, but then it just struggles even to authenticate my device. After typing the password, it spends a while in "verifying and connecting", then says...
  5. Can't connect to a 5Ghz Wi-Fi network in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to a 5Ghz Wi-Fi network in Windows 11: Around May 2022, I noticed that my laptop is not able to connect to the 5Ghz network. I was using it freely before that moment, but then it just struggles even to authenticate my device. After typing the password, it spends a while in "verifying and connecting", then says...
  6. Only PCs can't connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi - Windows 10 AC600

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Only PCs can't connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi - Windows 10 AC600: Current device: Asus X756UX-T4244T Wi-Fi adapter: FRITZ! AC430 and TP-LINK Archer T2U AC600 Router: Unitymedia Connect Box ( All drivers updated ) Hey, after seeing how big the speed difference between my 2.4GHz and 5GHz is I tried connecting every device with 5GHz. My iPad...
  7. Only PCs can't connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi - Windows 10 AC600

Only PCs can't connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi - Windows 10 AC600: Current device: Asus X756UX-T4244T Wi-Fi adapter: FRITZ! AC430 and TP-LINK Archer T2U AC600 Router: Unitymedia Connect Box ( All drivers updated ) Hey, after seeing how big the speed difference between my 2.4GHz and 5GHz is I tried connecting every device with 5GHz. My...
  8. Connecting 2 PCs on a Wi-Fi Network

Connecting 2 PCs on a Wi-Fi Network: How can I transfer files from one PC to another using Wi-Fi network? Both PCs are on the same network, yet they do not recognize each other. I am using D-Link wireless router DIR-885L. What shall I do so that I see and use the files from one PC on another PC through the File...
  9. Can't connect to Wi Fi in Windows 10

Can't connect to Wi Fi in Windows 10: I've had Windows 10 on my Dell XPS Studio laptop for a about a year, and suddenly I was dropped from my wireless Wi Fi connections. I've tried fixes in command prompt, resetting, uninstalling / installing network adapter, resetting router, resetting the network to name a few,...
  10. Windows 10 Not Receiving 5GHz Wi-Fi

Windows 10 Not Receiving 5GHz Wi-Fi: I have recently upgraded to a 150 mbps Wi-Fi plan, and have noticed that my laptop barely scratches 50. Apparently, this is due to the fact that my laptop uses, and can only use, the 2.4 GHz, despite both the laptop and the Wi-Fi stick supporting 802.11a/n. I'm guessing this...