Windows 10: only plays system sounds

Discus and support only plays system sounds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello there, I'm just trying to connect my computer with my mixer Midas M32R with an DN32-USB. So I'd like to play some audios and record as well.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Daniel_Maloney, Jul 10, 2020.

1. only plays system sounds

Hello there,

I'm just trying to connect my computer with my mixer Midas M32R with an DN32-USB. So I'd like to play some audios and record as well. The Computer recognises the USB and I can hear the test sounds. But as I wanted to play some music I couldn't hear anything. As a quick problem solving I realised that only system sounds work.

So I tried multiple troubleshoots like setting up the device as default, reinstall the driver, restarted the computer multiple times. None of those tries worked.

Is there any complication with the MIDAS mixer or did I forget something?

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Model OMEN by HP Laptop
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
    BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.53, 12/12/2019
    Installed Physical Memory RAM 16.0 GB

:)

Daniel_Maloney, Jul 10, 2020

2. Can only hear system sounds.

Thanks for the answer, but none of the two steps worked. I still only have the system sounds.

Elias Nilsson, Jul 10, 2020
  3. JMSayles Win User
    Windows 10 Plays Only One Notification Sound

My HP laptop with Windows 10 plays only one notification sound for everything. When I change the sound in System Sounds, it appears to save, but the sounds that actually play do not change. In particular, I want to change the email notification sound.
    It currently plays a notification sound, but when I change it in systems sounds, the notification sound that plays when a new email is received does not change. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

JMSayles, Jul 10, 2020
  4. only plays system sounds

No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

only plays system sounds

1. only plays system sounds - Similar Threads - plays system sounds

2. system only playing system sounds, nothing else

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    system only playing system sounds, nothing else: I'm not sure when this started, but now Chrome and edge and windows media player won't play sound, but system sounds work fine (both in headphones and on the speakers). I've tried resetting to factory settings, adjusting all the speaker settings, but I can't figure out what...
  3. Stereo Mix not playing system sounds?

Stereo Mix not playing system sounds?: My "Stereo Mix" doesn't appear to have any sound coming through it. I enabled it in my sound devices, set its level to 100, but I'm not able to listen/record to any of my system sounds through it. Any ideas? submitted by /u/goose_ws [link] [comments]...
  4. Only certain system sounds are working

Only certain system sounds are working: Hello, I am trying to use custom system sounds, but only certain system sounds are playing. Specifically the system sounds that by default have sounds set to them. Things like maximize, minimize, restore down, etc, that don't by default have sounds, are not working when I set...
  5. Sound only playing in left ear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound only playing in left ear: I plugged in a splitter cable to use my headphones as a microphone but now only the left ear plays audio, I updated my computer and restarted it so I don't know why it isn't working. It works fine without the splitter cable....
  6. Systems sounds not fully playing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Systems sounds not fully playing: I'm running windows 10 home. I am an audiofile and therefore have particular sounds/wav files set to certain windows events (like new mail notifications, windows startup, windows exit (the last two I had to go into the registry to make them visible in the sounds so I could...
  7. System sounds play, but application sound does not

System sounds play, but application sound does not: Hello! So, I'm using windows 10, and very often when i start up my computer, all sound but the system sound won't play. I've found a solution that involved fooling around with the troubleshooter and switching the default sound systems around (the main one doesnt work, even...
  8. Windows 10 System Sounds Not Playing

Windows 10 System Sounds Not Playing: Hey, everybody. I've been using this computer for well over a year and all of the sudden this week for no reason it stopped playing system sounds. Like, they literally don't play. A common problem is that it's set to zero in the volume mixer. Well, I set the system sounds...
  9. Windows 10 System Sounds Not Playing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 System Sounds Not Playing: Hey, everybody. I've been using this computer for well over a year and all of the sudden this week for no reason it stopped playing system sounds. Like, they literally don't play. A common problem is that it's set to zero in the volume mixer. Well, I set the system sounds...
  10. Only System Sounds Playing (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only System Sounds Playing (Windows 10): Within the past 3 days, sound has stopped going through my headphones, instead audio only plays through the speakers on my monitor. I have updated every single audio driver, and restarted countless times. I have had every device set a default, but nothing works. I do have...