Windows 10: only recognizing one display

Discus and support only recognizing one display in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; the displays work seapratly no mater the displayport they are plugged in on the graphics card. But together only one gets recognizedalwasy the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Squirrel Gril, Sep 27, 2022.

1. only recognizing one display

the displays work seapratly no mater the displayport they are plugged in on the graphics card. But together only one gets recognizedalwasy the same one, if I only plug in the other it will work if I then add the second and restart it can't detect the first one anymore. Trying to detect a second display in the settings does nothing.

:)

Squirrel Gril, Sep 27, 2022

2. Display was not migrated

Hi,

I understand the above solution didnt work so as to next step in solving your issue I suggest you follow the below.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Device Manager

Step 2:

Under Device Manager expand Display Adapter

Step 3:

Right-click on Adapters listed one by one and select Properties

Step 4:

Select the Drivers tab

Step 5:

Click on Uninstall Device

Step 6:

Repeat step 3 to 5 for all listed adapters under Display Adapter

Step 7:

Restart PC and verify

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 27, 2022
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Sep 27, 2022
  4. only recognizing one display

backup drive not recognized

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the external backup is not being recognized. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check for status.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

only recognizing one display

1. only recognizing one display - Similar Threads - recognizing display

2. My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...: Certainly! Here's the revised version with the grammatical errors corrected: Hey there, I use an ASUS A15 laptop. The dedicated graphics card is an NVIDIA 3050 4GB. I've been playing a lot of Witcher 3 and realized that the game is acting super laggy. I went to update my...
  3. My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...: Certainly! Here's the revised version with the grammatical errors corrected: Hey there, I use an ASUS A15 laptop. The dedicated graphics card is an NVIDIA 3050 4GB. I've been playing a lot of Witcher 3 and realized that the game is acting super laggy. I went to update my...
  4. Windows 19 does not recognize laptop display.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 19 does not recognize laptop display.: I have a Dell laptop that Windows 10 stopped recognizing the laptop’s display. I can only use an external monitor. The display works during boot and BIOS configuration. How do I resolve this?...
  5. Windows 19 does not recognize laptop display.

Windows 19 does not recognize laptop display.: I have a Dell laptop that Windows 10 stopped recognizing the laptop’s display. I can only use an external monitor. The display works during boot and BIOS configuration. How do I resolve this?...
  6. Windows 19 does not recognize laptop display.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Wexner QC 3.0 USB hub suddenly recognized as display port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wexner QC 3.0 USB hub suddenly recognized as display port: I have a Wexner QC 3.0 USB hub that used to work perfectly on my Windows 11 laptop. I was able to connect my keyboard, mouse and phone to my PC through this hub without issue, and without installing a driver for it.But recently, when I plug the USB connector into the PC, I...
  8. Wexner QC 3.0 USB hub suddenly recognized as display port

Wexner QC 3.0 USB hub suddenly recognized as display port: I have a Wexner QC 3.0 USB hub that used to work perfectly on my Windows 11 laptop. I was able to connect my keyboard, mouse and phone to my PC through this hub without issue, and without installing a driver for it.But recently, when I plug the USB connector into the PC, I...
  9. Windows 11 will not recognize Viewsonic PA503W Projector Native display shows up as non PNP...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not recognize Viewsonic PA503W Projector Native display shows up as non PNP...: I have a Win 11 PC that will not recognize a Viewsonic PA503W Projector's native display. It shows up as non PNP Monitor and I cannot change the resolution in Display Settings because it is greyed out. There are no drivers for this projector to install. The website does not...
  10. Windows 11 will not recognize Viewsonic PA503W Projector Native display shows up as non PNP...

Windows 11 will not recognize Viewsonic PA503W Projector Native display shows up as non PNP...: I have a Win 11 PC that will not recognize a Viewsonic PA503W Projector's native display. It shows up as non PNP Monitor and I cannot change the resolution in Display Settings because it is greyed out. There are no drivers for this projector to install. The website does not...