Windows 10: Only Returning From Sleep Reconnects Network

Discus and support Only Returning From Sleep Reconnects Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every now and then I lose my wireless network connection on this laptop. Trying to connect manually fails as does using the trouble shooter. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VFN, Nov 12, 2019.

1. VFN
    VFN Win User

Only Returning From Sleep Reconnects Network

Every now and then I lose my wireless network connection on this laptop. Trying to connect manually fails as does using the trouble shooter. I reconnect by putting the laptop to sleep then returning. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks as always.

:)

2. Wireless Network

Thanks for trying the steps again. It's now clear that the problem is on your router. To reconnect your laptop to the network, we suggest that you set or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you can access your router's user interface, set the
    channel to either channel 1, 6, or 11. Once done, remove your WiFi network from your preferred network list, then reconnect.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 12, 2019
  3. No internet coming out of sleep after coming out of sleep

Hi Jessica,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in network settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off and turn on Wi-Fi network. Then try to remove and reconnect the saved wireless network.

Step 1: I suggest you to turn off and then turn on Wi-Fi. Check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then select Settings.

3. Click on Network and Internet.

4. After that click on Wi-Fi.

5. Try to turn off and then turn on the Wi-Fi.

Step 2: I recommend you to remove the save Wi-Fi network from the Wi-Fi list and then try to reconnect the network with option Connect Automatically.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then select Settings.

3. Click on Network and Internet.

4. After that click on Wi-Fi.

5. Then click on the saved Wi-Fi network and click on Remove.

6. After that try to reconnect the wireless network.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with reconnecting to the wireless network on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Only Returning From Sleep Reconnects Network

Auto-switching networks

Hi dssds1,

It's possible that your home Wi-Fi network is not set as your preferred network. I suggest removing and reconnecting to your home networks. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi.
    2. Click Manage known networks.
    3. Right-click your Wi-Fi network, and click Forget.
    4. Once removed, reconnect to the same network and make sure that the Connect automatically option is checked.
    5. Once connected, right-click your Wi-Fi network, then click Properties.
    6. Make sure that the Connect automatically when in range option is enabled.

Kindly restart your laptop and see if it will reconnect to the network automatically.

Please let me know how it goes so I can help you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Only Returning From Sleep Reconnects Network

1. Only Returning From Sleep Reconnects Network - Similar Threads - Returning Sleep Reconnects

2. Windows 11 Not Returning From Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Not Returning From Sleep Mode: Hi GuysI'm having issues with a new build specs as below.Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB 63.8 GB usable Device ID FB446C71-05C1-402A-B911-10B514086F2A Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA642 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  3. Wifi network disconnects and reconnects only from one device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi network disconnects and reconnects only from one device: My laptop keep disconnecting and reconnecting to my wifi, but meanwhile I can use my phone to text my friends I lost connection. I tried:Reset TCP/IPEnabled DHCP ServerResetted routerRebooted routerMoved the router to the other roomForgot the wifi and connected to it...
  4. Asus UX430UAR not returning from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus UX430UAR not returning from sleep: I’ve been having problems with my laptop since installing a Windows 10 feature pack last September. It works find during the day and I can switch it on or off using the power button or the lid. However, some mornings the laptop is warm to touch and will not wakeup. There is...
  5. Network slow to reconnect after sleep and restart.

Network slow to reconnect after sleep and restart.: Hello, I'm running the latest version of windows. 20H2 Build 19042.685. Within the last couple of days I've noticed that my network does not immediately reconnect after waking from sleep. It used to already be up and running when I'd wake from sleep, but now it has to...
  6. Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.

Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.: So after my resent upgrade/reset due to corrupt system files my computer has started waking up from sleep again during the night. This was a problem before, but I somehow solved it, pretty sure the problem was the computer didn't actually go to sleep. Instead, it entered some...
  7. Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.

Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.: So after my resent upgrade/reset due to corrupt system files my computer has started waking up from sleep again during the night. This was a problem before, but I somehow solved it, pretty sure the problem was the computer didn't actually go to sleep. Instead, it entered some...
  8. Cannot reconnect to a network drive upon waking from sleep

Cannot reconnect to a network drive upon waking from sleep: This is an attempt to learn if a solution has been found to an unsolved problem. The problem was described at this link. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4471218/mapped-network-drive-may-fail-to-reconnect-in-windows-10-version-1809 A solution was promised in...
  9. Return From Sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Return From Sleep: My pc goes into sleep mode after 15 minutes, when I then press the spacebar to return to normal operation I get a random picture on screen, plus so odd overlayed messages. Then press enter and it asks for a password, press enter again and it logs in and goes back to normal -...
  10. Returning from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Returning from sleep: I have rather a strange problem. On returning from sleep mode when I open a program (any program) the PC will open multi copies of the program that I've clicked on. Taskbar won't open. Windows is up to date and my bios has been patched. Tried uninstalling KB4056892 - no...