Windows 10: only save documents on one drive not on hard drive

Discus and support only save documents on one drive not on hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I only want to save certain files on my hard drive. All other files I want to save them on One Drive. How do I do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DougKrumrey, Mar 14, 2021.

1. only save documents on one drive not on hard drive

I only want to save certain files on my hard drive. All other files I want to save them on One Drive. How do I do this?

:)

DougKrumrey, Mar 14, 2021

2. exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Mar 14, 2021
  4. only save documents on one drive not on hard drive

Can't Save Word Documents to my hard drive

Every time I try to save a document to my hard drive - I get the following error message:

You don’t have permission to save in this location.

Contact the administrator to obtain permission.

Would you like to save in the Documents folder instead?
    [Yes] [No]

I am signed in as the administrator and have updated permissions. I have also changed settings to that my documents folder is default.

How do I prevent this from happening and resume saving documents to my hard drive?

MichellePrewitt, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

only save documents on one drive not on hard drive

1. only save documents on one drive not on hard drive - Similar Threads - save documents drive

2. One Drive Only Saving Files Back to 2021

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Only Saving Files Back to 2021: I have Dell laptop with Windows 11 and it seems that one drive has only saved files from 2021 on, whereas the folder I hooked up goes way back to 2010 or so. It says I am only using 90GB of 1 TB, so I don't see that storage is the problem. Does anyone have any idea why it...
  3. One Drive Only Saving Files Back to 2021

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive Only Saving Files Back to 2021: I have Dell laptop with Windows 11 and it seems that one drive has only saved files from 2021 on, whereas the folder I hooked up goes way back to 2010 or so. It says I am only using 90GB of 1 TB, so I don't see that storage is the problem. Does anyone have any idea why it...
  4. One Drive/External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive/External Hard Drive: For some time since I have done a Reinstall of windows, I had issues of when I would try to eject my external hard drive, with a notice that another program was using the drive and could not eject.I noticed when I was exploring various ways to solve this issue that Task...
  5. One Drive/External Hard Drive

One Drive/External Hard Drive: For some time since I have done a Reinstall of windows, I had issues of when I would try to eject my external hard drive, with a notice that another program was using the drive and could not eject.I noticed when I was exploring various ways to solve this issue that Task...
  6. save to hard drive and not one drive cloud in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    save to hard drive and not one drive cloud in windows 11: Want to save photos to hard drive only and not to the cloud in one drive. Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-to-hard-drive-and-not-one-drive-cloud-in/33198abb-fa61-4976-b890-5b4149659901
  7. save to hard drive and not one drive cloud in windows 11

save to hard drive and not one drive cloud in windows 11: Want to save photos to hard drive only and not to the cloud in one drive. Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-to-hard-drive-and-not-one-drive-cloud-in/33198abb-fa61-4976-b890-5b4149659901
  8. One Drive Not Saving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Not Saving: Purchased One Drive storage 1T will not save. I get error message saying my One Drive is full but shows 58G only has been used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-not-saving/3ffe573c-7ddc-433a-95f2-d932590c263d
  9. One Drive & Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Drive & Hard Drive: I need to back up my one drive every evening in case we loose the internet. I tried to just copy and paste the files from One Drive to my documents, but it moves all of my folders out of One Drive and puts them into My Documents How do I go about doing this so the files...
  10. ONE DRIVE DOUBLE FILE SAVING FROM DOCUMENTS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ONE DRIVE DOUBLE FILE SAVING FROM DOCUMENTS: I AM NOT SURE AT WHAT UPDATE THIS HAPPENED, BUT WHEN I SAVE TO MY DOCUMENT FOLDER, under this pc documents, where I always save, now I have a duplicate copy in ONE Drive. I HAVE NEVER ACTIVATED A ONE DRIVE OPTION. I TAKE CARE OF SAVING MY DOCUMENTS PICTURES AND LETTERS,...