Windows 10: Only showing black screen when streaming videos

Discus and support Only showing black screen when streaming videos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Team, I have looged into https://web.microsoftstream.com/ from corporate credetails and inside corporate network. I am able to see videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ravi Agrawal FIS, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Only showing black screen when streaming videos

Hi Team,

I have looged into https://web.microsoftstream.com/ from corporate credetails and inside corporate network. I am able to see videos avialble to play but when I am clicking them I am only getting black screen. I have tired with all available browsers(Chrome, IE, Edge). My operating system is window 10. Let me know if it is happend due to some setings.

Regards,

Ravi Agrawal

:)

Ravi Agrawal FIS, Dec 17, 2019

2. Video streaming

Hi Ray,

The outdated or corrupted driver could cause this issue with your computer. We would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• Have you tried
      updating your drivers
      ?
    • Have you tried another video streaming link?
    • How many applications running on your computer while playing video or watching live streaming?

We also suggest that you follow the steps provided on this link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4002019/windows-10-improve-pc-performance.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Only showing black screen when streaming videos

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Only showing black screen when streaming videos

1. Only showing black screen when streaming videos - Similar Threads - showing black screen

2. The cutscenes in video shows only black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The cutscenes in video shows only black screen: Previously, I downloaded a game titled Hitman Contracts, which is a popular game created by IO Interactive. When I play, the movies turns into black screen. After that, the main menu doesn't show black screen, only when the video starts with a black screen. Does anyone have...
  3. The cutscenes in video shows only black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The cutscenes in video shows only black screen: Previously, I downloaded a game titled Hitman Contracts, which is a popular game created by IO Interactive. When I play, the movies turns into black screen. After that, the main menu doesn't show black screen, only when the video starts with a black screen. Does anyone have...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION only while streaming video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION only while streaming video: I've been encountering a very strange bug the last few months. I consistently get a watchdog violation when I watch content on Twitch.tv, ESPN, or youtube. It is browser independent and I have tried everything to resolve it including checking ram health, uninstalling and...
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION only while streaming video

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION only while streaming video: I've been encountering a very strange bug the last few months. I consistently get a watchdog violation when I watch content on Twitch.tv, ESPN, or youtube. It is browser independent and I have tried everything to resolve it including checking ram health, uninstalling and...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION only while streaming video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Camera only shows black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera only shows black screen: I have an Acer laptop that uses Windows 10 and has a built-in webcam. I can turn the camera on with the camera app. The green light lights up and I get a popup on my screen that says "camera on" but all I see is a black screen. The camera is not covered up by anything and...
  8. Screen Sharing shows black screen while video streaming

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen Sharing shows black screen while video streaming: I screen share shows and movies from Hulu and other platforms daily with my boyfriend. Everything was fine before I downloaded the recent update on 7-17-2020 and now we can not watch anything on those platforms. Everything plays fine on my end and I can screen share...
  9. cortana shows only black screen

in Cortana
    cortana shows only black screen: Cortana shows only black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-shows-only-black-screen/242f6d2b-ccdb-4abb-bedb-c4fdc6f03f91"
  10. When playback a video created from photos it shows only a black screen

When playback a video created from photos it shows only a black screen: When playback a video created from photos it shows only a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/when-playback-a-video-created-from-photos-it-shows/cde88f29-b731-4e6c-abdd-2a30d0cf9b0d