Windows 10: Only some of my iPhone photos will download to my PC photo

Discus and support Only some of my iPhone photos will download to my PC photo in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I'm really struggling to copy my iphone photos from my phone onto my PC. i have approx 3,000 photos on the phone but only approx 1,000 have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SLanglands, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Only some of my iPhone photos will download to my PC photo

Hi. I'm really struggling to copy my iphone photos from my phone onto my PC.

i have approx 3,000 photos on the phone but only approx 1,000 have transferred across. i'm using microsoft photo (getting the something went wrong message). It knows there are more there but i can't either bulk or individually save them to my PC.

i have also tried the import wizard and dragging from the DCIM folder on the phone. These also manage to transfer some but fail to get all the photos.

i had been using icloud but have restored originals to the phone and turned off icloud.

any bright ideas on how to download the full set of photos?

Stephen

:)

SLanglands, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Ivycao Win User

how to transfer photos from iphone to pc?

There are some photos in my iphone and I want to transfer them to my pc for editing.The problem is,none of these photos was taken by iphone so it's not easy to transfer.I have done it once before but this time it doesn't work out.I really don't know which step is wrong!Could u pls help me...

Ivycao, Jan 1, 2019
  3. DaedalusHelios, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Javo Win User

Only some of my iPhone photos will download to my PC photo

iPhone Photos import to Windows 10 PC not working

I would like to troubleshoot my inability to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. I am an advanced user struggling to find relevant help on the internet since most results are unusable masked adverts for paid third party software.

I want to use it the following way

1. connect iPhone via USB to my Windows 10 PC
    2. open Microsoft "Photos" app
    3. click in the upper right on import > add from the device over USB
    4. select all photos and click import

4th step is where it fails, with no usable message.

• I have set the device as trusted on iPhone
    • I mostly don't see it in My Computer, therefore I cannot just copy
    • I tried uninstalling every driver and iTunes software
    • Despite not being visible in Windows Explorer, iTunes can always access the contents with no issue
    • it has a tiny moments when it starts working, but overall import fails sooner or later and never copies all 3k photos. Mostly MSPhotos don't show any content, just failure message, sometimes it shows it's content and acts as I can select what to import, but as described fails sooner or later
    • iTunes can successfully copy entire phone.

Other attempts
    • I tried multiple free 3rd party SW, all of them either failed or seemed like to be usable only after buying their extended version
    • I tried using iTunes for Syncing the Photos
      • I maybe don't know how to use it, or it is faulty too. But I've set the directory where my Photos should be synced, but sync seems to just backup the phone and creates tiny 'Photo Database file', but no photo actually gets copied onto PC.

Javo, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Only some of my iPhone photos will download to my PC photo

1. Only some of my iPhone photos will download to my PC photo - Similar Threads - iPhone photos download

2. My photo app will only download 90 photos from my iPhone then stop working. Why won’t it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My photo app will only download 90 photos from my iPhone then stop working. Why won’t it...: My photo app will only download 90 photos from my iPhone then stop working. Why won’t it let me download all of my photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-photo-app-will-only-download-90-photos-from-my/8e8ac211-2e8e-4886-861e-a587c0b65590
  3. My photo app will only download 90 photos from my iPhone then stop working. Why won’t it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My photo app will only download 90 photos from my iPhone then stop working. Why won’t it...: My photo app will only download 90 photos from my iPhone then stop working. Why won’t it let me download all of my photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-photo-app-will-only-download-90-photos-from-my/8e8ac211-2e8e-4886-861e-a587c0b65590
  4. Photos from my iPhone

Photos from my iPhone: I am trying to import photos from my iPhone to Microsoft Photos. The newer ones imported just fine, but for the older ones, I receive a message that says "this file type may not be supported." They are all .jpg files. The older ones only display 1/2 the photo on the laptop...
  5. Downloading photos from iPhone

Downloading photos from iPhone: Hi and thanks in advance! When I try to download photos from my iPhone 8 an action I have been doing for years - using the PHOTOS App on Windows 10 It gets to the point where it seems to see all the pictures - but then just freezes. The only action from there is to go into...
  6. Problem with downloading photos from iPhone to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with downloading photos from iPhone to PC: The version of my iPhone is the latest, I also have icloud app installed on the computer. My iPhone was working fine, but I don’t know why for some unknown reason it downloaded only part of my photos to the computer...
  7. iPhone photo download issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    iPhone photo download issue: I decided to ask here before I start contacting Windows and Apple about this problem. I am trying to download some photos from an iPhone 8 running the latest version of iOS via the USB cable to a computer running latest version of Windows 10. (I am running the latest...
  8. IPhone Photos to PC

IPhone Photos to PC: Please offer simple help to transfer photos from a iPhone to my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iphone-photos-to-pc/e4670bf8-8d86-4fc3-bc75-a9a309dfcebf
  9. IPhone photo download to laptop

IPhone photo download to laptop: This is a TWO PART QUESTION... 1... This morning my new computer with Windows 10 asked me how I would like to open the window when I plug in my iPhone... I mistakenly said download photos and videos... I'd rather change that to OPEN FILE FOLDER... How do I change the...
  10. Downloading iphone xs photos to pc

Downloading iphone xs photos to pc: I've tried to download all my photos from my iphone. I click on photos, and it gives me the option to select all. Only, when you look through the icons on the photos in "select all", not all the photos on my phone are shown. And, surprise, surprise, not all the photos...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how come my iphone only downloads some of my photos to pc

2. only some of my photos download from my iphone to my pc

3. iphone xs max importing photos something went wrong

4. why pc photos only uploads some iphone photos,
  5. attempt to download iphone xs photos to acer aspire windows 10 but fails,
  6. only some photos download from iphone