Windows 10: Only some of my Sticky Notes will open on start-up

Discus and support Only some of my Sticky Notes will open on start-up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a recent update I had to recover all but one of my Sticky Notes form the 'list of notes' (approximate translation; my operating language is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by J.S.89, Jul 26, 2019.

1. J.S.89 Win User

Only some of my Sticky Notes will open on start-up

After a recent update I had to recover all but one of my Sticky Notes form the 'list of notes' (approximate translation; my operating language is German). Since then only some of them will re-open upon starting up my PC in the morning and I have to once more recover the rest from the 'list of notes'. This includes having to resize them, as each missing one takes up about half of my screen when re-opened. Further, the app's icon on the task bar has an orange hue to it until I've clicked every Sticky Note once. I really don't fancy starting all of my workdays with those two annoyances from now on.

:)

J.S.89, Jul 26, 2019

2. Sticky Notes 3.0?

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Try to uninstall and reinstall sticky notes on your computer.

Step 1: Open
    Start menu, click Settings icon to open Settings app, click
    System, and then click Apps & features.

Steps 2: Select “Sticky Notes” from the list and click on uninstall.

Click here, to reinstall the latest version of sticky note on your
    computer.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Sticky Notes Won't Open From Start Menu

I have performed the suggested commands. After doing that, I pinned Sticky Notes to my Start menu and clicked the tile. The notes appeared on my screen. I then closed Sticky Notes (Alt-F4) and clicked the tile in the Start menu again. As it had before the
    scan, the icon flashes on the taskbar, but goes away shortly afterward and the notes do not appear on my screen. After waiting, I clicked the icon on the left side of the Start menu and Sticky Notes opened. I then clicked the icon again, but Sticky Notes didn't
    open. The icon simply flashed on the taskbar. Strange

Here are the steps that I have found work for opening Sticky Notes repeatedly (although, they are rather tedious).

1. Pin it to the Start menu.

2. Right-click the tile.

3. Under More, click Rate and review.

4. Close the review dialog.

5. Click the Launch button from the Store application.

I clicked the Launch button and Sticky Notes launched with no problems. I then closed it and clicked Launch again. No problems

I then closed it and clicked Launch again. No problems

But:

1. Trying to open it from the Start menu fails most of the time.

2. [rather peculiar]: Microsoft Sticky Notes is nowhere to be found on the Store when I open the Store application via the live tile and search for Microsoft Sticky Notes. Also, I thought that perhaps uninstalling it and reinstalling Sticky Notes would help,
    but I cannot uninstall it.

Weird Odd Wodd, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Only some of my Sticky Notes will open on start-up

the sticky note application.

Hi,

Sticky Notes is one of the default programs for Windows 10. Type Sticky Notes in the search box, then press enter. If you are encountering an error opening Sticky Notes, we recommend resetting the application. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Apps, then Apps & features in the left pane.
    • Locate Sticky Notes, then click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Only some of my Sticky Notes will open on start-up

1. Only some of my Sticky Notes will open on start-up - Similar Threads - Sticky Notes open

2. Sticky Notes start-up mystery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes start-up mystery: I am on a W10 PC. I find it rather annoying that I have to start up Sticky Notes everytime I switch on the computer. I havesearched hi and lo for answer and neither Bing nor Google has presented one that works. Why can't it simply be added to start up applications?...
  3. Sticky Notes start-up mystery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes start-up mystery: I am on a W10 PC. I find it rather annoying that I have to start up Sticky Notes everytime I switch on the computer. I havesearched hi and lo for answer and neither Bing nor Google has presented one that works. Why can't it simply be added to start up applications?...
  4. Sticky Notes start-up mystery

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Sticky notes: Only new note

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky notes: Only new note: Hi,tried to find anything on this without success.What I want is simply: when I open Sticky Notes selecting "New note", I would only like to see a blank new note.However, I always get at least the last - that is, the previous - note opened to my desktop. If I close the...
  6. Sticky notes: Only new note

Sticky notes: Only new note: Hi,tried to find anything on this without success.What I want is simply: when I open Sticky Notes selecting "New note", I would only like to see a blank new note.However, I always get at least the last - that is, the previous - note opened to my desktop. If I close the...
  7. Sticky Notes Opens all notes when I start the program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes Opens all notes when I start the program: Sticky Notes Opens all notes when I start the program, I only want it to open the other notes I previously had open, not it opens a certain number of notes. It wont open some of the old ones but it opens a lot of the more recent ones. How can I fix this, it makes using the...
  8. sticky notes not opening

sticky notes not opening: i try to reset but not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-not-opening/0dbaf094-19cc-473c-9f6f-539b439f6a0d
  9. Sticky Notes Doesn't Open My Backed Up plum.sqlite Notes

Sticky Notes Doesn't Open My Backed Up plum.sqlite Notes: Hi! I backed up my plum.sqlite file and tried transferring it to another Windows 10. Inside the file, I can see that the info with all my text is within the code but when I open Sticky Notes, only 1 blank note appears, not any of my past notes. Is there a way to resolve...
  10. cant open sticky notes

cant open sticky notes: I can't open the sticky note again after I update it to version 3.0, please give me the solution !. I tried to reset and uninstall the sticky note, but it still didn't work....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sticky notes not opening the plum.sqlite file form the old computer

2. some of my sticky

3. sticky notes open on startup

4. open up closed stikcy notes,
  5. sticky notes open just one start up,
  6. sticky notes only loading some notes,
  7. only some sticky notes appear