Windows 10: Only space bar, backspace, and enter keys work

Discus and support Only space bar, backspace, and enter keys work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey all, I turned on my PC this afternoon and I was unable to login, as only the space bar, backspace, and enter keys worked. I tried on 3 different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mattsanborn, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Only space bar, backspace, and enter keys work

Hey all, I turned on my PC this afternoon and I was unable to login, as only the space bar, backspace, and enter keys worked. I tried on 3 different keyboards and got the same problem. I can't login to see if there is an issue in settings and I have no idea what to do. Anyone else having this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

mattsanborn, Jun 13, 2019

2. Keyboard issue on space bar and backspace

I am having trouble with my space bar. Instead of doing a space it types letters. Backspace key brings up a project mode and the volume control icon. When I turn airplane mode on the problem disappears and keyboard works fine. Could this be a virus of some
    kind.

[Moved from Virus & Malware]

CindyToker, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Enter, Backspace , Arrow keys not working

Hi Kaustubh,

To assist you better I would like to know, what is the exact issue are you facing with the keyboard?

For now, let’s try the simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. It will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below methods.

Method 2.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the keyboard driver and check.

• Press Windows Key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate for the Keyboard and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the keyboard and click on
      uninstall.

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the keyboard driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the keyboard driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Hope this helps. Let us know result for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Only space bar, backspace, and enter keys work

Enter, Backspace , Arrow keys not working

Hello

I have a Lenovo y460p. I am facing problems with its on board keyboard. Enter, Backspace , Arrow keys and some other keys are not working. Please help me to solve it.

thanks

KAUSTUBH KEJRIWAL, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Only space bar, backspace, and enter keys work

1. Only space bar, backspace, and enter keys work - Similar Threads - space bar backspace

2. backspace and enter key don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backspace and enter key don't work: Hi, the backspace key and the enter key on my laptop don't work all the time. They work periodically but I don't know what to do. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backspace-and-enter-key-dont-work/1b7cbf95-0eef-45fc-82bd-2de4ab3a0540
  3. backspace and enter key don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backspace and enter key don't work: Hi, the backspace key and the enter key on my laptop don't work all the time. They work periodically but I don't know what to do. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backspace-and-enter-key-dont-work/1b7cbf95-0eef-45fc-82bd-2de4ab3a0540
  4. Backspace and enter key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backspace and enter key not working: I was playing games with my friends, and I was trying to say something in chat when suddenly the enter key won't work. I was trying to tell my friends that my backspace and enter keys won't work. So I searched on youtube on how to fix this problem, but none of those work,...
  5. Backspace and enter key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backspace and enter key not working: I was playing games with my friends, and I was trying to say something in chat when suddenly the enter key won't work. I was trying to tell my friends that my backspace and enter keys won't work. So I searched on youtube on how to fix this problem, but none of those work,...
  6. Backspace and enter key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Only Enter key is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only Enter key is not working: I have Windows 10 laptop. Firstly, my laptop's keyboard was not working properly. It is behaving like ctrl key is stucked not physically. I installed all pending updates for drivers and windows. windows is up-to-date and so drivers. Then after 2-3 days it is working fine, But...
  8. Only my space, backspace, and enter keys work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Only my space, backspace, and enter keys work: So when I boot up my computer the only keys on my keyboard that work are space, backspace, enter, and I which is acting like a space. I saw this question before, but it wasn't answered properly and I actually found a work-around. So it's not really a question, but here is the...
  9. enter, backspace, spacebar, up and down keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    enter, backspace, spacebar, up and down keys not working: Certain keys does not work in my HP Pavillion Laptop with Windows 10 Education 64 bit. After some googling a suggested workaround is to turn on the Airplane mode\disable the wifi adapter via device manger,after which the keys seem to work fine. However once airplane...
  10. My backspace and enter key aren't working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My backspace and enter key aren't working.: I turned off sticky keys and filter keys. I have reset my computer(Windows 10) and check my driver and nothing is working. It's only those keys and nothing working....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. password screen only backspace key working

2. windows keyboard can only type spacebars

3. keyboard not working except enter

4. keyboard doesnt work windows 10 only space,
  5. HP Only my spacebar backspace and enter keys work,
  6. hp laptop only spacebar and backspace works,
  7. only space and backspace keys work,
  8. only spacebar works on keyboard,
  9. windows 10 only space and backspace working,
  10. keyboard only spacebar works,
  11. window 10operating system in keyboard enter and backspace not working laptop,
  12. space bar backspace,
  13. space bar and back space only working,
  14. spacebar enter and backspace not working,
  15. keyboard space bar and backspace not working in window 10