Windows 10: Only space button on keyboard working while login

Discus and support Only space button on keyboard working while login in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I'm in my Windows 10 login screen my letters and numbers on my keyboard are not working. I already tried restarting my PC and pluging my keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jsvgss, Apr 1, 2020.

1. /u/jsvgss Win User

Only space button on keyboard working while login

When I'm in my Windows 10 login screen my letters and numbers on my keyboard are not working. I already tried restarting my PC and pluging my keyboard in a different usb Port. Somehow after like 1 min my keys start working again, but it's still anoying. Can anyone help me with my problem?

submitted by /u/jsvgss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jsvgss, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Mon.k11 Win User

Touch keyboard pops up at login

Thanks for the help, this method worked.

Mon.k11, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Keyboard not working and not able to login from login screen

Hi Mateo,

We're glad that you were able to login now on the computer. Since the keyboard is still not working, we would like to know the answers to the following questions:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
    • If you are using a standard keyboard (wired/wireless), have you checked if there are any lights from the keyboard that indicates that it is being detected?

In the meantime, we suggest running the hardware troubleshooter as it can fix possible issues that you are having. Kindly follow the steps below to perform it:

• Open Cortana, type in Troubleshoot and click it.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Keyboard.

• Click Run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • See sample picture below.

Only space button on keyboard working while login d5cfb7b4-d780-4e0d-89c9-af13087f4e93.png

We'll wait for your response.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Only space button on keyboard working while login - Similar Threads - space button keyboard

2. Only power button works on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only power button works on keyboard: Hi,I have dropped a few drops of water on my keyboard before the failure. Straight after that i cleaned the keyboard with a dry cloth. The only button working on the keyboard is the power key. The touchpad is responsive. The keyboard is permanently highlighted. Other...
  3. Only power button works on keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only power button works on keyboard: Hi,I have dropped a few drops of water on my keyboard before the failure. Straight after that i cleaned the keyboard with a dry cloth. The only button working on the keyboard is the power key. The touchpad is responsive. The keyboard is permanently highlighted. Other...
  4. windows key is not working while pressing on keyboard only

windows key is not working while pressing on keyboard only: Hi, I've been facing the following issue on my system - I'm unable to launch the Windows menu by clicking the Windows button on the keyboard. I can launch the menu using the mouse click only. when I play a video and click the Windows key the video pauses which means the...
  5. windows key is not working while pressing on keyboard only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows key is not working while pressing on keyboard only: Hi, I've been facing the following issue on my system - I'm unable to launch the Windows menu by clicking the Windows button on the keyboard. I can launch the menu using the mouse click only. when I play a video and click the Windows key the video pauses which means the...
  6. Space bar, back space and enter keyboard buttons are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Space bar, back space and enter keyboard buttons are not working: Few suggestions which I checked online asked to use keyboard trouble shooter. Keyboard trouble shooter seems to be not present in windows 11. How do I get keyboard space, enter, back space to work?Thank you...
  7. Space bar, back space and enter keyboard buttons are not working

Space bar, back space and enter keyboard buttons are not working: Few suggestions which I checked online asked to use keyboard trouble shooter. Keyboard trouble shooter seems to be not present in windows 11. How do I get keyboard space, enter, back space to work?Thank you...
  8. Windows 10 Start button not working on keyboard only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start button not working on keyboard only: So recently im trying to hit my start button on my keyboard but its not working. it work if i do it manually by clicking it with my mouse. i already try to change my keyboard , trying the DISM and Scannow on powershell command , restarting the explorer but none of these...
  9. Windows 10 Start button not working on keyboard only

Windows 10 Start button not working on keyboard only: So recently im trying to hit my start button on my keyboard but its not working. it work if i do it manually by clicking it with my mouse. i already try to change my keyboard , trying the DISM and Scannow on powershell command , restarting the explorer but none of these...
  10. Laptop touchpad button not working while using keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop touchpad button not working while using keyboard.: Hello! I just found out how to make your keyboard and touchpad work at the same time, And It helped but I have a new problem I didn't know about. When im trying or using the keyboard gaming I can now move the mouse and its great. But the left button for shooting Is not...