Windows 10: Only stereo channel available in Speaker setup

Discus and support Only stereo channel available in Speaker setup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've updated to windows 10 1803 version. I'm using a dell inspiron 5558 laptop with the latest updated realtek audio driver. I'm unable to find any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shatrujeet Rathore, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Only stereo channel available in Speaker setup

Hi, I've updated to windows 10 1803 version. I'm using a dell inspiron 5558 laptop with the latest updated realtek audio driver. I'm unable to find any audio channels other than stereo when going through the following steps. Sound-> Playback-> configure.

The quadraphonic, 5.1 and 7.1 channels aren't available in it. Also using the pre-installed dell audio manager, going through the following steps( Dell Audio-> Speaker/Headphone-> Speaker Setup) only stereo is set by default and there is no other channel configuration available. I've a 4.1 channel system with a 3.5 mm jack but on connecting that too the channel options aren't displayed.

The bios and all drivers are updated to the latest version.

Can anyone help me figure out what is the cause of the problem?

:)

Shatrujeet Rathore, Sep 24, 2018

2. Stereo speakers on the Lumia 920?

They are two distinct speaker grill with a monoaural piezoelectric speaker. No stereophonic distinctly separated left nor right channel speakers to be found here. It is all in mono.

Only Nokia can verify the final specifications and lay this matter to rest once and for all. As for now, the findings stay as is. It is indeed in mono, as found in the public website of Nokia Developers Handsfree
    Speaker
    (singular, not plural)

Now compare it with Nokia N82, which has stereo handsfree speakers Stereo Handsfree Speakers (plural, not singular)

"Listen to music with enhanced “3D stereo” using the built-in dual speakers or connect the Nokia N82 to a compatible TV using direct TV out connectivity or via Wireless LAN and UPnP."

ster·e·o

/ˈsterē-ō/

Noun

• Sound that is directed through two or
      more speakers so that it seems to surround the listener and to come from more than one source;...
    • A sound system, typically including a CD, tape, or record player, that has
      two or more speakers and produces
      stereo sound.

steelicon---01, Sep 24, 2018
  3. nican2 Win User
    My stereo channels are being mixed

Hello,

I first noticed this issue when playing binaural beats in my headphones.

The stereo channels are somewhat mixed together, I also tested the soundcard thorugh windows

stereo sound test and even there the left and right sounds are being mixed, when I play the left

channel I can hear 100% of it in the left hear and 70% in the right hear,

the reverse happens for the right sound.

I also checked the following.

1 - The file I am trying to play has indeed stereo channels (I can hear both channels separately in my smartphone)

2 - My headphones do work for stereo sounds (I can hear both channels separately in my smartphone)

2 - I have no special audio effect activated

No sure what else I should check

Thanks,

Nic

SPECS

------------------------------------------------------------------

Laptop HP Pavilion

------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10

Realtek High Definition Audio - Driver 6.0.1.7548 - date: 30/06/2015

BeatsAudio controls (I played around with all the settings there, but nothing seems to solve the issue)

nican2, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Only stereo channel available in Speaker setup

Speakers unbalanced to the left side in a 5.1 setup after windows update on the 25th

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Some sound card might not support 5.1 output.

I suggest you to go to sound settings and select speaker type as 5.1 and see if it helps:

Refer the steps below to do so:

• Press Windows key + X and select control panel.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Sound.
    • Click the Playback tab, select Speakers, and then click
      Configure.
    • Under Audio Channels, select which speakers are present in your speaker configuration, and then click
      Test. You should hear a tone play in each speaker. Click
      Next
      , and then follow the directions to continue the configuration process.
    • Select 5.1 surround in the option and click on OK.

Note: Your sound card determines which options you see during the speaker configuration process. For example, if you're using a mobile PC with internal speakers, you might only see Stereo in the Audio Channels section.

You can logon to the computer manufacturer website and install the latest sound card drivers for the computer.

Also refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab03

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Only stereo channel available in Speaker setup

1. Only stereo channel available in Speaker setup - Similar Threads - stereo channel available

2. Stereo Mix only works when output device is speakers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo Mix only works when output device is speakers.: Ok so I have a headset not a usb one and when I use stereo mix with the output device as my headphones, it just doesn't play out audio. I want to use stereo mix to play my computer audio out of my mic. If there is an alternative that works better for that I'm all ears....
  3. Subwoofer channel not available - Speaker Setup shows only "Stereo" under Audio channels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subwoofer channel not available - Speaker Setup shows only "Stereo" under Audio channels: I just noticed that my subwoofer is not producing any sound at all. I've gone to Sound in Control Panel, then to Configure my speakers Altec Lansing. There, under Audio Channels, I see only "Stereo." I can click the icon for L and R and get a test sound, but clicking on the...
  4. Subwoofer channel not available - Speaker Setup shows only "Stereo" under Audio channels

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subwoofer channel not available - Speaker Setup shows only "Stereo" under Audio channels: I just noticed that my subwoofer is not producing any sound at all. I've gone to Sound in Control Panel, then to Configure my speakers Altec Lansing. There, under Audio Channels, I see only "Stereo." I can click the icon for L and R and get a test sound, but clicking on the...
  5. Bluetooth speaker only does "Connected, voice" and not "connected, stereo"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth speaker only does "Connected, voice" and not "connected, stereo": After my computer did a driver update using AVG Driver Updater, my laptop, a Dell Inspiron 15 7506 using Windows 10, has had trouble getting a stereo connection with the bluetooth speaker, a Sony SRS-XB43 Prior to the driver update, the connection was fine, and I could see...
  6. Bluetooth speaker only does "Connected, voice" and not "connected, stereo"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth speaker only does "Connected, voice" and not "connected, stereo": After my computer did a driver update using AVG Driver Updater, my laptop, a Dell Inspiron 15 7506 using Windows 10, has had trouble getting a stereo connection with the bluetooth speaker, a Sony SRS-XB43 Prior to the driver update, the connection was fine, and I could see...
  7. Bluetooth speaker only does "Connected, voice" and not "connected, stereo"

8. Stereo Mix Not Available

Stereo Mix Not Available: Hi there i just found out that stereo mix is missing from my laptop when i checked the recording tab.i'm wondering how can i solve this issue? since i need this stereo mix for my personal use case. i've tried to search the solution online but most involve driver stuff i'm not...
  9. Stereo channels reverse on their own?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stereo channels reverse on their own?: I've never faced this issue before. After upgrading to Windows 10, I'll be plugging away at a game and notice sounds are coming from the opposite side from where they should be. I'll close the game and go into audio settings to test the channels and sure enough, the channels...
  10. Stereo channels got swapped

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stereo channels got swapped: I woke up today (did not turn off PC) to see that stereo channels are swapped. Left speaker plays right sound and right speaker plays left sound. How can it be? Nobody could install or touch anything, and I am sure it was fine yesterday evening. I did try rebooting - no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 speaker setup only stereo

2. windows only in stereo

3. speaker setup only stereo available

4. only speaker setup available is quadraphonic