Windows 10: Only Sync a Single folder to OneDrive

Discus and support Only Sync a Single folder to OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm just setting up a new computer after my old one broke, and I'm trying to get OneDrive setup the way I had it on my old computer. I have a single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kadulaur, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Kadulaur Win User

Only Sync a Single folder to OneDrive

I'm just setting up a new computer after my old one broke, and I'm trying to get OneDrive setup the way I had it on my old computer.

I have a single folder inside my Documents folder that I want to have synced in OneDrive, such that if I needed to I could work on the files in that folder online on a different computer. I do not want ANYTHING ELSE backed up to OneDrive. Nothing at all.

Since I restored my new computer from a backup I noticed that that folder wasn't synced up to OneDrive and wanted to get it syncing again. I stumbled thru trying to figure out how to do this, looking online at stuff, and despite thinking being doubtful followed instructions for Settings > Backup > Manage Backup. This only gave me the option to choose between Photos, Desktop, and Documents, and knowing the folder I wanted to backup was inside Documents I selected that one, hoping against hope that it might give me a more fine-grained option if I went forward.

Nope.

So now OneDrive is trying to backup all my Documents, which I emphatically do not want, and I'm trying to find a solution to stop this and get rid of those extra backups. What I can find suggests Settings > Account > Choose Folders, but OneDrive implies doing this will hide all the other folders from me on my computer. It also doesn't work right now because the folders I'm trying to "hide" haven't finished uploading to OneDrive, and it refuses to change the settings for them until that has happened. I see that if I go to the OneDrive folder on my computer I can choose something like "Always keep on this computer".

For now I have turned OneDrive off in the middle of its uploading spree.

:)

Kadulaur, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft turns on shared folder sync for OneDrive

Source: Allow folders to be shared/co-owned with access/sync the same for all co-owners - Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Brink, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Caledon Ken, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Only Sync a Single folder to OneDrive

Music Folder Behaving Badly in OneDrive

Hi Robert,

There is a possibility that the Music folder is synced to your OneDrive that is why any files deleted from either of the folders is synced to the other. For us to better assist you with the said folder, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• Can you please provide a screenshot of the Music folder from the OneDrive folder and home folder?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you were advised to do?
    We will wait for your quick response.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Only Sync a Single folder to OneDrive

1. Only Sync a Single folder to OneDrive - Similar Threads - Sync Single folder

2. Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive: Reinstalled Windows 10 on laptop. Have all my files/folders backup on OneDrive. My Pictures folder is 79Gb. Is it going to take a long time to sync my Pictures folder back to my Laptop I like a copy on my laptop as well as on OneDrive as I only have 65mb internet speed....
  3. Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive: Reinstalled Windows 10 on laptop. Have all my files/folders backup on OneDrive. My Pictures folder is 79Gb. Is it going to take a long time to sync my Pictures folder back to my Laptop I like a copy on my laptop as well as on OneDrive as I only have 65mb internet speed....
  4. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive and This PC folder sync: I have Windows 10 and just moved to Onedrive in order to sync my files to the cloud like I did with iDrive. My goal is to ensure all the files and folders in the Documents folder and Desktop are backed up automatically whenever they change. Boom!Unfortunately, when I change...
  5. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive and This PC folder sync: I have Windows 10 and just moved to Onedrive in order to sync my files to the cloud like I did with iDrive. My goal is to ensure all the files and folders in the Documents folder and Desktop are backed up automatically whenever they change. Boom!Unfortunately, when I change...
  6. OneDrive folder not syncing with cloud

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive folder not syncing with cloud: Hi, this my first post here. I don't know if I have put this in the correct forum, apologies if not. My Windows Version is 20H2. For some reason I created my OneDrive folder within my existing OneDrive setup, in C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Email attachments\Documents. I don't...
  7. OneDrive Sync to specifc folders

OneDrive Sync to specifc folders: Hi. I'm trying to use a single OneDrive account to sync to a number of PC's and a NAS but only specific files/folders. The NAS does this perfectly but One Drive wants to synchronize files I don't want. The issue is and I see this as huge failing, there is a potential to hold...
  8. Only Sync a Single subfolder to OneDrive

Only Sync a Single subfolder to OneDrive: I'm just setting up a new computer after my old one broke, and I'm trying to get OneDrive setup the way I had it on my old computer. I have a single folder inside my Documents folder that I want to have synced in OneDrive, such that if I needed to I could work on the files...
  9. Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive

Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive: How do I add a folder to my desktop without having OneDrive attempt to sync it? I wanted to move a large file and for ease of access wanted to place it on the desktop. I don't want OneDrive to upload all 6GB of it. What I tried: I created a "Local" folder on Desktop. I...
  10. OneDrive files/folder sync

OneDrive files/folder sync: How do I get a newly created (by me) Video folder in OneDrive to save new content and sync with My PC >Video folder? Currently new video content is saved in QneDrive >Camera roll. OneDrive version 19.070.0410.0007 [ATTACH]...