Windows 10: Only Sync a Single subfolder to OneDrive

Discus and support Only Sync a Single subfolder to OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm just setting up a new computer after my old one broke, and I'm trying to get OneDrive setup the way I had it on my old computer. I have a single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kadulaur, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Kadulaur Win User

Only Sync a Single subfolder to OneDrive

I'm just setting up a new computer after my old one broke, and I'm trying to get OneDrive setup the way I had it on my old computer.

I have a single folder inside my Documents folder that I want to have synced in OneDrive, such that if I needed to I could work on the files in that folder online on a different computer. I do not want ANYTHING ELSE backed up to OneDrive. Nothing at all.

Since I restored my new computer from a backup I noticed that that folder wasn't synced up to OneDrive and wanted to get it syncing again. I stumbled thru trying to figure out how to do this, looking online at stuff, and despite thinking being doubtful followed instructions for Settings > Backup > Manage Backup. This only gave me the option to choose between Photos, Desktop, and Documents, and knowing the folder I wanted to backup was inside Documents I selected that one, hoping against hope that it might give me a more fine-grained option if I went forward.

Nope.

So now OneDrive is trying to backup all my Documents, which I emphatically do not want, and I'm trying to find a solution to stop this and get rid of those extra backups. What I can find suggests Settings > Account > Choose Folders, but OneDrive implies doing this will hide all the other folders from me on my computer. It also doesn't work right now because the folders I'm trying to "hide" haven't finished uploading to OneDrive, and it refuses to change the settings for them until that has happened. I see that if I go to the OneDrive folder on my computer I can choose something like "Always keep on this computer".

For now I have turned OneDrive off in the middle of its uploading spree.

:)

Kadulaur, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Lu_Q Win User

Emails not sync in win10 outlook in subfolders through Rules

Thank you for your suggestion.

I've followed that step, but no go 4 me.

The emails in the Inbox and Sent Items are synced well, but emails in the subfolders* not.

*subfolders: in the Inbox, I create a folder which is used to receive emails following certain rules.

Lu_Q, Sep 2, 2020
  3. adirk Win User
    no Inbox and no subfolders Sync

I don't know about the first issue you wrote about regarding only being able to sync the junk email and RSS feeds, but I finally figured out how to sync my Outlook Inbox subfolders (and sent items). You do NOT need 3rd part software.

Step by step:

1) Start

2) Messaging

3) Outlook Email

4) Menu --> Folders

6) Menu --> Show all folders (if it is not already this way)

7) Menu --> Manage Folders

8) When you scroll down over your subfolders, the "Sync" option will now appear in the bottom right corner of the screen where it used to say Menu

9) Select "Sync" to whichever subfolders you like and those will subfolders will sync from now on

From that point on, you can view the content of those folders by selecting that folder by clicking Menu, selecting Folders and then picking the subfolder you want to see.

I was thrilled to discover this solution! I hope you come back to this site soon to get the fix.

adirk, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Only Sync a Single subfolder to OneDrive

OneDrive sync false error message

I resinstalled my Windwos 10 pro, on my computer.

In previous installation OneDrive has offline storage on this computer with some folder excepted form sync.

After I setup OneDrive option to sync. the offline storage with online version, and set excepted folders from sync.

After finished sync operation OneDrive report a false error message:

title: 8 files can't be synced with OneDrive: and a list of local subfolders of sync excepted folder

each subfolder has the error: You already have a file or folder with this name in the same location.

False - I don't have any folder in OneDrive excepted folders from sync.

The sync operation is corect, except this false error message which reside on notification area, and doesn't disappear.

Bogdan Ionescu, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Only Sync a Single subfolder to OneDrive

1. Only Sync a Single subfolder to OneDrive - Similar Threads - Sync Single subfolder

2. OneDrive only syncs some files and not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive only syncs some files and not others: Using OneDrive to backup certain folders, why do only some of the files within those folders actually sync? OneDrive says, "Your files are synced", but its wrong. For example, in the cloud, all my Documents sub-folders are there, but there are few files within them ~352 MB....
  3. OneDrive only syncs some files and not others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive only syncs some files and not others: Using OneDrive to backup certain folders, why do only some of the files within those folders actually sync? OneDrive says, "Your files are synced", but its wrong. For example, in the cloud, all my Documents sub-folders are there, but there are few files within them ~352 MB....
  4. OneDrive only syncs some files and not others

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Syncing to OneDrive only some of My Documents subfolders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing to OneDrive only some of My Documents subfolders: My question is very simple, perhaps it was posed somewhere else but I couldn't find an answer. 1 I can 'ban' OneDrive from syncing My Documents folder for good. 2 I can choose which folders from within My Documents I want to be synced. But is it possible to create backup...
  6. Only Sync a Single folder to OneDrive

Only Sync a Single folder to OneDrive: I'm just setting up a new computer after my old one broke, and I'm trying to get OneDrive setup the way I had it on my old computer. I have a single folder inside my Documents folder that I want to have synced in OneDrive, such that if I needed to I could work on the files...
  7. File Upload is missing my subfolders after my inital OneDrive sync

File Upload is missing my subfolders after my inital OneDrive sync: New laptop, new problem. I recently synced my OneDrive and noticed that in File Upload all of my subfolders are missing. The File Upload contents differs from the one which appears when composing an email attachment from the File Upload which appears as I attempt to change...
  8. OneDrive subfolders

OneDrive subfolders: I found in OneDrive a folder named "Attachments". I hadn't created it and it was empty so I deleted it but the next day it was back again but still empty. What is it for?...
  9. onedrive sync

onedrive sync: How can I stop OneDrive pictures syncing with PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync/609276a8-0ef7-4391-aa9e-801e4fe1f1ff"
  10. OneDrive Sync

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Sync: Hello Good People, Despite looking around, I don't understand how the sync works. First, is there a master, so to speak. ie does the cloud version mimic the PC files. ie if there is a file on my PC and not on the cloud, will the cloud get updated? An then, if a file gets...