Windows 10: Only System Sounds Playing (Windows 10)

Discus and support Only System Sounds Playing (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Within the past 3 days, sound has stopped going through my headphones, instead audio only plays through the speakers on my monitor. I have updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShakurasEnder, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Only System Sounds Playing (Windows 10)

Within the past 3 days, sound has stopped going through my headphones, instead audio only plays through the speakers on my monitor. I have updated every single audio driver, and restarted countless times. I have had every device set a default, but nothing works. I do have system sounds play, but that itself is inconsistent. The headphones themselves work, as I have tested them with other devices. Audio does not play through chrome, or any other games. However, for unknown reasons, audio will play through Discord if the correct output is selected.

:)

ShakurasEnder, Oct 8, 2018

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Only System Sounds Playing (Windows 10)

No sound playing after windows 10 upgrade

Hi,  

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• Are you facing this issue only with any specific app or with all the apps?

• Are you able to hear System sounds? (Such as Windows logon/shutdown sound.)
    I suggest you to try the Methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the speaker icon which is on the bottom right corner.

• Click on playback devices.

• Under playback tab highlight speakers\headphones.

• Then Click on properties.

• Select Advanced tab.

• Then Click on Restore to default.

I also suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab04

If issue persist, I would suggest you to follow Method 2.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall the Windows 7 audio drivers in
    compatibility mode and check if it works.

This is to check if this is caused due to any driver compatibility issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

JuzarAli1709, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Only System Sounds Playing (Windows 10)

1. Only System Sounds Playing (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - System Sounds Playing

2. Windows 10 and 5.1 Sound Only Playing Stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and 5.1 Sound Only Playing Stereo: I just got a 5.1 surround sound. Logitech Z906. Asus Z170-A mobo. Windows 10. Connected it using the 3.5mm jacks at the back of the PC. Green, Black, and Orange-ish. Green goes in the stereo out. Orange and Black go one row above for the Center/sub and RearLeft...
  3. Windows 10 and 5.1 Sound Only Playing Stereo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and 5.1 Sound Only Playing Stereo: I just got a 5.1 surround sound. Logitech Z906. Asus Z170-A mobo. Windows 10. Connected it using the 3.5mm jacks at the back of the PC. Green, Black, and Orange-ish. Green goes in the stereo out. Orange and Black go one row above for the Center/sub and RearLeft...
  4. Windows 10 and 5.1 Sound Only Playing Stereo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. system only playing system sounds, nothing else

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    system only playing system sounds, nothing else: I'm not sure when this started, but now Chrome and edge and windows media player won't play sound, but system sounds work fine (both in headphones and on the speakers). I've tried resetting to factory settings, adjusting all the speaker settings, but I can't figure out what...
  6. only plays system sounds

only plays system sounds: Hello there, I'm just trying to connect my computer with my mixer Midas M32R with an DN32-USB. So I'd like to play some audios and record as well. The Computer recognises the USB and I can hear the test sounds. But as I wanted to play some music I couldn't hear anything. As...
  7. Windows 10 Plays Only One Notification Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Plays Only One Notification Sound: My HP laptop with Windows 10 plays only one notification sound for everything. When I change the sound in System Sounds, it appears to save, but the sounds that actually play do not change. In particular, I want to change the email notification sound. It currently plays a...
  8. Windows 10 System Sounds Not Playing

Windows 10 System Sounds Not Playing: Hey, everybody. I've been using this computer for well over a year and all of the sudden this week for no reason it stopped playing system sounds. Like, they literally don't play. A common problem is that it's set to zero in the volume mixer. Well, I set the system sounds...
  9. Windows 10 System Sounds Not Playing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 System Sounds Not Playing: Hey, everybody. I've been using this computer for well over a year and all of the sudden this week for no reason it stopped playing system sounds. Like, they literally don't play. A common problem is that it's set to zero in the volume mixer. Well, I set the system sounds...
  10. Weird sound problem in Windows 10 System sounds not playing

Weird sound problem in Windows 10 System sounds not playing: I have a strange problem in W10 .. Fall Creators Update... but it is NOT no sound... just many system sounds do not play and will not play out of the Control Panel sound app sound test. The .wav files all play if I go to /Windows/media and select them, but will not from the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 only system sounds

2. only system sounds work

3. windows 10 only system sounds work

4. my headphones are playing system sounds,
  5. windows 10 only playing system sounds,
  6. windows 10 system sounds,
  7. windows only playing system sounds,
  8. windows 10 system sound only,
  9. only system sounds windows 10,
  10. only system sounds working on window 10,
  11. teams play only system sounds,