Windows 10: Only the numbers on my keyboard are typing. I can't even log i to get to my control panel.

Discus and support Only the numbers on my keyboard are typing. I can't even log i to get to my control panel. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought this computer and everything worked fine until an update. Now only the numbers work on my keyboard. I have turned off the number lock,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kayer713, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Kayer713 Win User

Only the numbers on my keyboard are typing. I can't even log i to get to my control panel.

I just bought this computer and everything worked fine until an update. Now only the numbers work on my keyboard. I have turned off the number lock, restarted the computer and unplugged/replugged the keyboard to no avail. I can't even enter my pin to log in and see what apps are causing this problem.

I need this for work. Please advise.

:)

Kayer713, Jan 24, 2021

2. windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jan 24, 2021
  3. windows 10 control panel

Step 2 does not work at all. Anything from File Explorer and above does not launch at all.

DeviantWolf, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Only the numbers on my keyboard are typing. I can't even log i to get to my control panel.

windows 10 control panel

Great help.......thanks.....I wonder why Microsoft did not installed it automatically....

MannyMarinPR, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Only the numbers on my keyboard are typing. I can't even log i to get to my control panel.

1. Only the numbers on my keyboard are typing. I can't even log i to get to my control panel. - Similar Threads - numbers keyboard are

2. I can't type "@" on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't type "@" on my keyboard: When i turned screen keyboard on I noticed keys format are different than common keyboard. Help me solve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-on-my-keyboard/00134582-d83a-4208-bae2-0e095858c75b
  3. I can't type "@" on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't type "@" on my keyboard: When i turned screen keyboard on I noticed keys format are different than common keyboard. Help me solve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-on-my-keyboard/00134582-d83a-4208-bae2-0e095858c75b
  4. Why does my keyboard only types numbers on the log in Page, once logged in it is ok.

Why does my keyboard only types numbers on the log in Page, once logged in it is ok.: Hi Can anyone help.I have managed with the help of this community via a previous post to get my Acer laptop keyboard typing number and letters once I am logged in but the problem now is that unless I am logged in my keyboard does not work properly. If I log out and the local...
  5. I cant get my number pad on my keyboard to type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant get my number pad on my keyboard to type: I can use my keyboard but can only access the numbers at top of letters not on the numbers pad at side of keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-my-number-pad-on-my-keyboard-to-type/f6193b48-4114-4a86-adfd-c89a594527db
  6. I cant get my number pad on my keyboard to type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant get my number pad on my keyboard to type: I can use my keyboard but can only access the numbers at top of letters not on the numbers pad at side of keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-my-number-pad-on-my-keyboard-to-type/f6193b48-4114-4a86-adfd-c89a594527db
  7. I cant get my number pad on my keyboard to type

8. Im trying to log into my pc but i cant as the keyboard wont type, it only types numbers,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im trying to log into my pc but i cant as the keyboard wont type, it only types numbers,...: Ive been restarting the pc, shutting it down but nothings working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-log-into-my-pc-but-i-cant-as-the/d5f68079-f7c7-4e6d-a7e0-1197198cd26f
  9. Im trying to log into my pc but i cant as the keyboard wont type, it only types numbers,...

Im trying to log into my pc but i cant as the keyboard wont type, it only types numbers,...: Ive been restarting the pc, shutting it down but nothings working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-log-into-my-pc-but-i-cant-as-the/d5f68079-f7c7-4e6d-a7e0-1197198cd26f
  10. Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Usually, numbers keys are present on two spots on a keyboard. One is at the number pad and the other of above the letters. You might face an issue where your laptop keyboard won’t type numbers. This could be with [...] This post Keyboard wont type numbers OR...