Windows 10: Only the selected active window is not dulled out. I want to be able to read 2 windows...

Discus and support Only the selected active window is not dulled out. I want to be able to read 2 windows... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a HP machine running windows 10 .When I open a range of windows only the active one is 'normal light display. The entire non selected windows or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by iainanderson8, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Only the selected active window is not dulled out. I want to be able to read 2 windows...

I have a HP machine running windows 10 .When I open a range of windows only the active one is 'normal light display. The entire non selected windows or screen gets a 40/50% darkening. This is annoying as I cannot view 2 windows side by side. How do I stop it? I cannot find a setting to stop it in display?

:)

iainanderson8, Nov 26, 2021
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 26, 2021
  3. Dull screen needs help

Bulldogxx I tried both ways suggested the article that offered step by step and neither system solved the dull colors, dull screen problem. All they did was rearrange my desktop. Any other suggestions?

Sorry about the sassy rejoinder to your sassy remark, I think they are both funny now that I am old and don't take myself seriously.

karencarpenterZA, Nov 26, 2021
  4. Only the selected active window is not dulled out. I want to be able to read 2 windows...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 26, 2021
Thema:

Only the selected active window is not dulled out. I want to be able to read 2 windows...

1. Only the selected active window is not dulled out. I want to be able to read 2 windows... - Similar Threads - selected active window

2. windows cannot be installed on this hard disk space the selected volume is read only to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows cannot be installed on this hard disk space the selected volume is read only to...: I Am trying to install windows 11 in my ssd but it’s not happening. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-be-installed-on-this-hard-disk/28675b4a-2072-4d79-b38c-b9b015f504c5
  3. windows cannot be installed on this hard disk space the selected volume is read only to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows cannot be installed on this hard disk space the selected volume is read only to...: I Am trying to install windows 11 in my ssd but it’s not happening. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-be-installed-on-this-hard-disk/28675b4a-2072-4d79-b38c-b9b015f504c5
  4. Only the selected active window is not dulled out. I want to be able to read 2 windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only the selected active window is not dulled out. I want to be able to read 2 windows...: I have a HP machine running windows 10 .When I open a range of windows only the active one is 'normal light display. The entire non selected windows or screen gets a 40/50% darkening. This is annoying as I cannot view 2 windows side by side. How do I stop it? I cannot find a...
  5. Only the selected active window is not dulled out. I want to be able to read 2 windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only the selected active window is not dulled out. I want to be able to read 2 windows...: I have a HP machine running windows 10 .When I open a range of windows only the active one is 'normal light display. The entire non selected windows or screen gets a 40/50% darkening. This is annoying as I cannot view 2 windows side by side. How do I stop it? I cannot find a...
  6. not able to activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    not able to activate windows: after a ''HDD'' replacement the shop owner added new windows and after that its showing activate windows so how can i activate it again BEFORE I HAD A GENUINE WINDOWS...
  7. Able to delete read only files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Able to delete read only files: I am able to rename and delete read only files. Why? How do I correct this? New build of Windows 10 Home. Error applies to all drives. Error applies to admin and standard users. I originally found the issue when trying to prevent accidental deletion of files copied...
  8. Not able to activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not able to activate windows: Sir, I have been using windows 10 laptop. In it I am not able to activate windows. It shows there is some problem activating my windows. It says that it is unable to connect to the organisations server. please help me. My version of windows is windows 10 pro....
  9. Colors dull and washed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Colors dull and washed out: The colors on my Lenovo Yoga C740 are washed out and dull. I tried to calibrate it but that didn't work. Is there a fix for this, or is it just my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colors-dull-and-washed-out/b2a7fd3f-ae8a-4971-afb2-e1bfb6c2223e
  10. Windows not able to read USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows not able to read USB: Hello, I am having difficulty with windows reading my USB. The USB seems to be corrupted but I am unable to format it in anyway. As soon as the USB is plugged in, the windows becomes slow. If I try to right click on the USB drive in file explorer, the file file explorer...