Windows 10: Only 'W' key stucks while playing games.

Discus and support Only 'W' key stucks while playing games. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; While playing games, W key have been started to stuck. I mean; when I stop to press W key, my chracter still moving forward and after 2-3 seconds it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by necrospiritus, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Only 'W' key stucks while playing games.

While playing games, W key have been started to stuck. I mean; when I stop to press W key, my chracter still moving forward and after 2-3 seconds it automaticly stops moving. This situtiation only happens when I press W key for 2-3 seconds. Only happens in games and only happens for W key.

Things I tried;
    -Disabled Anti-virus, Razer Cortex, MSI Afterbunner etc.
    -Unchecked 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'
    -Updated drivers

This problem makes impossible to play games.

:)

necrospiritus, Mar 31, 2018

2. Problem

How do u disable shortcuts because any time I play games and press the w key to walk forward the notifications pop up and also the windows search option on windows 10 is there any way to disable this it only does it when I play any type of game that used
    wsad.

IsmaelBran, Mar 31, 2018
  3. Zhekus Win User
    Persistent Filter keys problem in Windows 10

Hello.

Recently, when playing video games, my keys started to "stick". It is accompanied by notification sound and only when pressing Shift key. For example when pressing Shift and W (running forward in game) for more than 8 seconds, when I let go of W (and Shift)
    my game character continues moving forward till I press W again. I never had this problem before.

I am able to replicate it when holding other Shift and other letter for over 8 seconds as well.

In Ease of Access keyboard settings Sticky keys and Filter keys are disabled. Yet I still having this problem.

It drives me mad.

Please help.

Zhekus, Mar 31, 2018
  4. Only 'W' key stucks while playing games.

I think you have dust or other dirt, caused by wear, on the contact surface for W-key. This is very normal behaviour if you play a lot.

Try another keyboard using same connection type as your defect one, to verify it is a hardware issue. If that solved the problem, then either disassemble the defect keyboard and clean it with electronics cleaning solution, or get a new keyboard.

Depending on your keyboard type, it could be beyond repair and you need to replace it.

slicendice, Mar 31, 2018
  5. Faith Win User
    According to the system data, you're on a Acer V3-772G laptop. Do you use the keyboard aswell? or a seperate board? And what games are you referring to exactly? Basic information, but important nonetheless. *Smile

Faith, Mar 31, 2018
  6. I cleaned W key but nothing changed. Although I have a theory; I am using my laptop's keyboard and under WASD keys there is a GPU and when playing games this part of keyboard gets hot. With heat something inside W key can become sticky and that maybe casue W key to stuck. I don't have a seperate keyboard but my first job is find one and testing with that one. I saw this stuck problem with Dying Light, Elder Scrolls Online, Kİngdom Come Deliverance.

necrospiritus, Mar 31, 2018
  7. Faith Win User
    That's a good theory. It does explain why it happens only with one key, and only while playing games. But is the heat-transfer that bad on the laptop? Try lowering the graphics settings and enable Vsync - or any form of framerate cap - and see if the heat gets better underneath. Yes, definitely try out a seperate board too.

Faith, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Only 'W' key stucks while playing games.

1. Only 'W' key stucks while playing games. - Similar Threads - 'W' key stucks

2. The "w" key is stuck when only playing games. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The "w" key is stuck when only playing games. How to fix?: Keyboard has been playing fine for a long time but just started to get stuck on w. Don't notice it when I'm typing or using any other functions besides games. Have tried testing out different keyboard and different ports. No luck. Tried reinstalling the keyboard drivers/force...
  3. The "w" key is stuck when only playing games. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "w" key is stuck when only playing games. How to fix?: Keyboard has been playing fine for a long time but just started to get stuck on w. Don't notice it when I'm typing or using any other functions besides games. Have tried testing out different keyboard and different ports. No luck. Tried reinstalling the keyboard drivers/force...
  4. The "w" key is stuck when only playing games. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keys acting as if they are stuck while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys acting as if they are stuck while playing games: So, whenever I'm playing Minecraft and start walking, if I lift my fingers off the keys I continue to walk for 5 to 10 seconds. This also happens with the space bar. My keys are not actually stuck, but the game is acting as if they are. I even tried a different keyboard and...
  6. Keys acting as if they are stuck while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keys acting as if they are stuck while playing games: So, whenever I'm playing Minecraft and start walking, if I lift my fingers off the keys I continue to walk for 5 to 10 seconds. This also happens with the space bar. My keys are not actually stuck, but the game is acting as if they are. I even tried a different keyboard and...
  7. pc restarts while only playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc restarts while only playing games: i recently beilt a new computer and my setup is ryzen 9 5900x, 32gb 3200mhz, ASUS ROG Strix B550-E Gaming AMD AM4, 1000watt silverstone psu, 2070 super. my pc resets when i am playing games like rust and rainbow 6 seige. the thermals are fine and the cpu and gpu only got up...
  8. Problem with Windows Key while Playing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Windows Key while Playing Games: why when i play game,then i press the windows key, the game will minimize, but that's not what i want, usually if i play a game, then i press the windows key the taskbar will show and the game will not minimize ,and that is what i want. how fix that? thankyou .. please help...
  9. Can't press the "w" and "2" keys at the same time while playing video games.

Can't press the "w" and "2" keys at the same time while playing video games.: I bought my PC About 5 months ago and haven't had any issues up to this point. But 2 days ago I noticed that while playing any game I am not able to press "w" and "2" at the same time, as well as some other key combinations. I have looked online and thought that keyboard...
  10. Video only playing in B&W.

Video only playing in B&W.: Just recently, my Toshiba Laptop started only playing Videos in B&W only. All the other color features like pictures and backgrounds are just fine in color. Tried all the troubleshooting and driver updates available in Windows 10. Am running Version 1803, Build 17134.191 Any...