Windows 10: only want english language on titles etc

Discus and support only want english language on titles etc in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; only want english language on titles main screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Henry swanepoel, Feb 21, 2024.

1. only want english language on titles etc

only want english language on titles main screen

:)

Henry swanepoel, Feb 21, 2024
  2. churin Win User

English (United States) for adding language is greyed.

The step where a list of optional languages are displayed.
    The US English is presently not installed, and there is no other language except a base language which came with W10 22H2. Edit: So I just installed the US English. That is it. The US English is greyed because I took the first step of "Add Language" and forgot completing whole steps.

churin, Feb 21, 2024
  3. kochinc Win User
    Language set to English but some app titles and stuff in Thai

I was in a similar situation, but in my case I had Chinese (Traditional) installed in addition to English (United State). Most of the apps' titles were displayed in Chinese (Traditional) while I preferred them to be in English. After some experiments I finally
    got Windows 10 to display only English for apps' titles.

The following procedure is how I did it. Hopefully it can help other people facing this issue. (NOTE:
    Please replace with the languages you have and want on your Windows 10.)

• Go to Settings -> Time & language. Select "Region & language" tab, and then remove all languages except English (United States).
    • On the same "Region & language" page, click the link "Additional date, time, & regional settings" at the bottom. A Control Panel window, "Clock, Language, and Region", will be opened.
    • In that window, click the "Language" link at the right pane. The "Language" window will show up. Click on the "Advanced settings" link at the left.
    • In the Advanced settings window, click on the "Restore defaults" at the bottom. and press the "Save" button. You will be sent back to the "Language" Control Panel window. Click the "Advanced settings" again.
    • Back on the "Advanced settings" window, click the "Apply language settings to the welcome screen, system account, and new user accounts" link at "Override for Windows display language" section. A "Region" window will show up.
    • Check that the Current language for non-Unicode programs is English (United State). If it's not, then press the "Change system locale..." button to change it. You will need to restart after the change.
    • Now please follow the procedure at Reinstalling preinstalled apps and reinstall all preinstalled
      apps. After it's done, wait for a few minutes and then check your apps' titles on the Start menu.
    I am not sure whether all steps in the procedure are necessary, but I am sure at the end my Windows 10 displays apps' titles only in English.

Afterwards you can add other languages back. The apps will stay in English as long as other languages are at lower priority.

kochinc, Feb 21, 2024
  4. only want english language on titles etc

Is there language pack for English(Canada)?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow these steps to add English (Canada) language from control panel.

• Type language in the search bar on desktop of Windows 10, then click on
      Add a language tab in the language Window.

• Click on English tab in the
      Add a language
      Window, then double click on English (Canada) to add to
      change your language preferences in the language Window under
      Control panel.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

only want english language on titles etc

1. only want english language on titles etc - Similar Threads - english language titles

2. Live Caption Language Only Displays English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live Caption Language Only Displays English: I want to use Windows 11 Live Caption for Spanish videos. I have added Spanish to my languages for Live Caption and moved it to the top of my preferred languages . But when I start Live Caption, it says "Ready to caption in English". When I click on caption language in the...
  3. Live Caption Language Only Displays English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live Caption Language Only Displays English: I want to use Windows 11 Live Caption for Spanish videos. I have added Spanish to my languages for Live Caption and moved it to the top of my preferred languages . But when I start Live Caption, it says "Ready to caption in English". When I click on caption language in the...
  4. only want english language on titles etc

only want english language on titles etc: only want english language on titles main screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-want-english-language-on-titles-etc/6c204210-a964-4bb0-b3bb-e5393a6babfe
  5. Multiple English Languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple English Languages: can someone explain to me why I have two English keyboards and I can't remove either of them? System locale is English New Zealand https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-english-languages/736d21b4-3b92-426c-a6a5-5a07df695cea
  6. Multiple English Languages

Multiple English Languages: can someone explain to me why I have two English keyboards and I can't remove either of them? System locale is English New Zealand https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-english-languages/736d21b4-3b92-426c-a6a5-5a07df695cea
  7. Bought a laptop in China, want to change language to English

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bought a laptop in China, want to change language to English: I bought a laptop in China, but the only display language option is Chinese; it won't let me change it to English. The OEM description says CoreCountrySpecific, is this related? Is there any way I can change the language? Thanks...
  8. Only one language pack (english) installed, but 4 keyboards for this one language.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only one language pack (english) installed, but 4 keyboards for this one language.: I only have English installed as a language pack; English-NZ. But I have 4 keyboards, one says English(New Zealand) US keyboard which in itself is wrong because I want a NZ keyboard not a US keyboard but whatever. In addition to that there's also English(Australia), UK and...
  9. The subtitles and titles are in chinese and i want it it english

in Windows 10 Customization
    The subtitles and titles are in chinese and i want it it english: i enstalled a language on my device for learing purposes and now i am not using it anymore i want to get rid of it. the chinese language is showing up as subtiles and some titles I have a surface laptop and its occuring everywhere. Moved from : Surface Laptop / Display...
  10. language: japanese to english

in Windows 10 Support
    language: japanese to english: I accidentally upgrade my windows 8 to windows 10 while in Japanese I want everything back in English I already tick regional language ,language settings and system locale my clock settings and keyboard are fine now but the system language is still in Japanese.. [img]...