Windows 10: Only when I perform custom scan in Windows security, my laptop starts lagging. Because of...

Discus and support Only when I perform custom scan in Windows security, my laptop starts lagging. Because of... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; LagLag while performing Windows security custom scan - When I am doing custom scan, my whole system starts to lag.The cursor sometimes stops working... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jay Kalunge, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Only when I perform custom scan in Windows security, my laptop starts lagging. Because of...

LagLag while performing Windows security custom scan - When I am doing custom scan, my whole system starts to lag.The cursor sometimes stops working and freezes at on place in loading animation.The applications stop working.The whole screen freezes and then my laptop crashes. And I feel my laptop slower than before.Methods that I tried earlier - Restarting the laptopUpdating the OSDoing regular updatesDoing regular driver updatesMy system information - Processor - IntelR Core TM i3-10110U CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.59 GHz Installed RAM - 8.00 GB 7.81 GB usable System type - 64-bit operatin

:)

Jay Kalunge, Jan 25, 2023
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

Only when I perform custom scan in Windows security, my laptop starts lagging. Because of... 274773d1587048469t-windows-security-virus-scan-1.png

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

Only when I perform custom scan in Windows security, my laptop starts lagging. Because of... 274774d1587048581t-windows-security-virus-scan-2.png

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, Jan 25, 2023
  3. JoeJY Win User
    Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

I have Defender Windows 10. I tried using custom scan to select and scan external drives. The screen listing the drives comes up, but the "OK" button remains grayed out so unable to scan any of the drives listed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Only when I perform custom scan in Windows security, my laptop starts lagging. Because of...

security scan

Hi,

It's possible that some corrupted system files are preventing Windows Defender from running a scan on your computer. we'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest performing a clean boot to find out if this behavior is
    caused by a third-party program. This will load Windows with minimal drivers and programs, preventing software conflicts from occurring. If you can perform a security scan in a clean boot environment, check the section How to determine
    what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot
    for what to do next.

Note: To return your computer back to normal, check the section How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

We'll wait for your response and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Only when I perform custom scan in Windows security, my laptop starts lagging. Because of...

1. Only when I perform custom scan in Windows security, my laptop starts lagging. Because of... - Similar Threads - perform custom scan

2. Windows Security stops full scan because of exclusion

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Security stops full scan because of exclusion: So I found an problem with Windows Security's full scan mode. While Windows Security is in Full scan mode, it had to stop the scan because of an exclusion. I don't know why this keeps happening. Why does this keep happening? How do I fix this issue? Thanks in advice!...
  3. Windows Security stops full scan because of exclusion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security stops full scan because of exclusion: So I found an problem with Windows Security's full scan mode. While Windows Security is in Full scan mode, it had to stop the scan because of an exclusion. I don't know why this keeps happening. Why does this keep happening? How do I fix this issue? Thanks in advice!...
  4. Laptop starts lagging when charging plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop starts lagging when charging plugged in: Hello,I've been having this problem for 2 weeks now. But, whenever I charge my laptop it starts lagging. I've tried many things like changing power management but it doesn't work. I've switched chargers but all the chargers I use have the same problem with this laptop. So, if...
  5. Laptop starts lagging when charging plugged in

Laptop starts lagging when charging plugged in: Hello,I've been having this problem for 2 weeks now. But, whenever I charge my laptop it starts lagging. I've tried many things like changing power management but it doesn't work. I've switched chargers but all the chargers I use have the same problem with this laptop. So, if...
  6. Only when I perform custom scan in Windows security, my laptop starts lagging. Because of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only when I perform custom scan in Windows security, my laptop starts lagging. Because of...: LagLag while performing Windows security custom scan - When I am doing custom scan, my whole system starts to lag.The cursor sometimes stops working and freezes at on place in loading animation.The applications stop working.The whole screen freezes and then my laptop crashes....
  7. Only when I perform custom scan in Windows security, my laptop starts lagging. Because of...

Only when I perform custom scan in Windows security, my laptop starts lagging. Because of...: LagLag while performing Windows security custom scan - When I am doing custom scan, my whole system starts to lag.The cursor sometimes stops working and freezes at on place in loading animation.The applications stop working.The whole screen freezes and then my laptop crashes....
  8. when i open Windows security on windows10 i do not have an option to perform any scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    when i open Windows security on windows10 i do not have an option to perform any scan: When I open Windows security I do not have an option to perform any scan on windows10. I have tried all the remedies posted on google. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/when-i-open-windows-security-on-windows10-i-do-not/0fe780c5-4a73-4fe2-a8b5-56d23c11e1f9
  9. Windows laptop lagging when charging/plugged in only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows laptop lagging when charging/plugged in only: I have updated my windows 10 to feature updated 2004 after 2 days of fighting somehow. However, it happened with my laptop earlier when i did updates that whenever I plug in my charger, it starts lagging very much. Response time becomes like 2 mins for a click. I have lenovo,...
  10. When I run a Custom Windows Custom Scan, Computer shuts down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When I run a Custom Windows Custom Scan, Computer shuts down: Recently my laptop has started shutting down when I run a custom (not quick) Virus & Threat Protection Scan. I am using Windows 10 on a ASUS laptop. The scan I did on a removable hard drive did this again tonight and when I restarted I received a message about SYSTEM THREAD...