Windows 10: only wifi from home router and my mobile hotspot not visible on list of available networks

Discus and support only wifi from home router and my mobile hotspot not visible on list of available networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cant find my household router wifi network and my personnel mobile hotspot network on the list of available networks on my laptop. This problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pradeepeadha, Aug 16, 2020.

1. only wifi from home router and my mobile hotspot not visible on list of available networks

I cant find my household router wifi network and my personnel mobile hotspot network on the list of available networks on my laptop. This problem appears from the time i replaced with router D-Link DIR-615. lets say my router has a problem but why isnt my mobile hotspot not visible. i tried the hard reset of laptop thinking its a settings problem, check my wifi adapters all working satisfactory also it is evident that when rest of the networks are visible then how can it be problem of some network hardware.

kindly assist in finding a solution.

:)

pradeepeadha, Aug 16, 2020

2. Error "The wifi network .... didn't respond" when using PC as mobile hotspot

Original title:- Use my PC as a mobile hotspot

When my PC has a cellular data connection, I want to turn it into a mobile hotspot to share my connection with other devices.

To do this I follow these steps.

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet
      > Mobile hotspot.

• Select Edit, enter a new network name and password, and then select
      Save.

• Turn on the control under Mobile hotspot to share your cellular data connection.
    After that I enter my Password to my nokia lumia 925 phone and try to connect to my new wifi network.

But it says "The wifi network .... didn't respond"

• I enter my password correctly.
    • Turn of my wifi in pc

William A Nadeeshani, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Jeevan M Win User
    Internet not available tthrough wifi router but works on mobile hotspot

After recent update on my asus laptop I cant connect wifi through wifi router but internet available when connecting through hotspot of my mobile device. I have tried on different wifi router from different place too still not helping..what is the difference
    when connecting through mobile hotspot and wifi router please help me to fix this issue

Jeevan M, Aug 16, 2020
  4. CLee9 Win User

only wifi from home router and my mobile hotspot not visible on list of available networks

"WiFi- Show Available Networks" does not list wireless routers anymore

Happy New Year!

I upgraded my Lenovo Z500 Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I was able to see list of available wifi networks and hotspots for a couple of months. However, after Windows 10's latest patch/update around Dec 20th 2016, my "WiFi- Show Available Networks" does not
    list wireless routers anymore.

My WIFI still connects to exiting wireless routers that it had been using for past year. However it will not allow me to list wireless networks in new locations such as Starbucks coffee shops. Since windows 10 does not list them, I am not able to connect.

I bought a USB dongle wireless adapter, but it did not work - Windows 10 still does not show list of available networks. (USB dongle worked on my other Windows 10 laptop {a Lenovo Edge 15} - it displays list of wireless networks).

I tried to compare Proxy and other settings between this Z500 and my Edge 15 - I do not see any differences except they use different network adaptors.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled driver from Lenovo for my wireless adapter.

I have over 20 years experience programming in Windows DOS and VB scripts. I have build windows PC for myself.

I've tried following steps here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164

and here:

computer will not list available wireless networks

but neither worked for me.

I don't see registry entry for any VPN

I've turned off Norton firewall and even uninstalled all anti virus software - still faced same issue.

I'm ready to switch to Apple Mac!!

Any other ideas?

CLee9, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

only wifi from home router and my mobile hotspot not visible on list of available networks

1. only wifi from home router and my mobile hotspot not visible on list of available networks - Similar Threads - wifi home router

2. Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.: So I recently did a factory reset on my MSI windows 10 laptop and when it asks to connect to a network it it shows every available network besides my home network. I have searched the internet and have tried multiple possible solutions, but none work. Also I have a few...
  3. Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.: So I recently did a factory reset on my MSI windows 10 laptop and when it asks to connect to a network it it shows every available network besides my home network. I have searched the internet and have tried multiple possible solutions, but none work. Also I have a few...
  4. Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Not able to see my mobile hotspot in available networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to see my mobile hotspot in available networks: Hi, I am narender and I am not able to fetch my network in the available networks section. I tried so hard but still not able to see. Please help anybody. In my other phone it works but in this phone it doesn't. Thanks for helping...
  6. Not able to see my mobile hotspot in available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to see my mobile hotspot in available networks: Hi, I am narender and I am not able to fetch my network in the available networks section. I tried so hard but still not able to see. Please help anybody. In my other phone it works but in this phone it doesn't. Thanks for helping...
  7. Not able to see my mobile hotspot in available networks

8. Home network not visible on the available network lists for wifi

Home network not visible on the available network lists for wifi: Just installed a new router. I'm using windows 10. When I click on show available networks mine does not show up. This is only applicable for this laptop. It does connect to the router using an ethernet cord and the laptop shows many networks out there, just not mine. I...
  9. Internet not available tthrough wifi router but works on mobile hotspot

Internet not available tthrough wifi router but works on mobile hotspot: After recent update on my asus laptop I cant connect wifi through wifi router but internet available when connecting through hotspot of my mobile device. I have tried on different wifi router from different place too still not helping..what is the difference when connecting...
  10. Mobile Hotspot from Smartphone not showing in available networks

Mobile Hotspot from Smartphone not showing in available networks: I am broadcasting a mobile data hotspot from my smartphone and it is not showing in my windows 10 PC, available wifi networks. My friend, with his phone, has successfully connected to my mobile hotspot, so I don't think this is an issue with the source, rather, the issue is...