Windows 10: Only Windows/Microsoft Apps are slow

Discus and support Only Windows/Microsoft Apps are slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As the title says, im having trouble with opening/using apps from Microsoft. They take forever to load or just dont at all sometimes. This includes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NoahElik, Dec 1, 2020.

1. NoahElik Win User

Only Windows/Microsoft Apps are slow

As the title says, im having trouble with opening/using apps from Microsoft. They take forever to load or just dont at all sometimes. This includes the Xbox App, The Microsoft store and even my searchbar. All other apps on my PC that arent from Microsoft work perfectly fine.

:)

NoahElik, Dec 1, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Dec 1, 2020
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Only Windows/Microsoft Apps are slow - Similar Threads - Microsoft Apps are

2. Microsoft Photos App running considerably slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Photos App running considerably slow: This is Hem from Vadodara City, Gujarat State, India Country I wanted your guidance as you would be the lender of the last resort ! In my PC home & Office , Microsoft Photos app doesn’t work as expected, it takes around 25-30 seconds to open a single picture file which was...
  3. Microsoft Photos App running considerably slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App running considerably slow: This is Hem from Vadodara City, Gujarat State, India Country I wanted your guidance as you would be the lender of the last resort ! In my PC home & Office , Microsoft Photos app doesn’t work as expected, it takes around 25-30 seconds to open a single picture file which was...
  4. Slow downloadong Microsoft Store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Slow downloadong Microsoft Store apps: I have 300mbs wire internet. When I started downloading Forzs horizon 5 its download d with 10 mb/s speed. Erlier all apps and games was downloades very quickly...
  5. Slow downloadong Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow downloadong Microsoft Store apps: I have 300mbs wire internet. When I started downloading Forzs horizon 5 its download d with 10 mb/s speed. Erlier all apps and games was downloades very quickly...
  6. Slow downloadong Microsoft Store apps

7. Only windows/ Microsoft apps not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Only windows/ Microsoft apps not working: Only Windows/Microsoft Apps are slowAs the title says, im having trouble with opening/using apps from Microsoft. They take forever to load or just dont at all sometimes. This includes the Xbox App, The Microsoft store and even my searchbar. All other apps on my PC that arent...
  8. Only windows/ Microsoft apps not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only windows/ Microsoft apps not working: Only Windows/Microsoft Apps are slowAs the title says, im having trouble with opening/using apps from Microsoft. They take forever to load or just dont at all sometimes. This includes the Xbox App, The Microsoft store and even my searchbar. All other apps on my PC that arent...
  9. Only windows/ Microsoft apps not working

10. Microsoft store apps crashing ONLY APPS, NOT MICROSOFT STORE ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store apps crashing ONLY APPS, NOT MICROSOFT STORE ITSELF: Self explainatory What i tried: wsreset resetting apps and microsoft store powershell commands https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-crashing-only-apps-not/cb65e10d-bcf3-4470-8fe2-37729445ff4c"