Windows 10: Onscreen device mutes my audio.

Discus and support Onscreen device mutes my audio. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For several weeks a black and white device has appeared on the upper left portion of my screen. It has a slider to control the audio. That slider is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by seeker1e, Nov 15, 2020.

1. seeker1e Win User

Onscreen device mutes my audio.

For several weeks a black and white device has appeared on the upper left portion of my screen. It has a slider to control the audio. That slider is permanently set on total mute. I can slide it to permit audio to be heard. The slider always returns to the mute position. About a week ago probably after an update the device disappeared. Today probably after another update the cursed thing is back.

I researched this problem. It is well recognized as a "feature" built into Windows 8 I think and kept in Windows 10. None of the sites I found had a solution to get rid of the device. The only "fix" I found was a means to hide the annoying rectangle on the upper left of the screen. But that had no effect on the muting of my laptop.

Please please, please fix this permanently!

I add. The Device overrides all other volume controls. It disappears after several hours.

:)

seeker1e, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Onscreen device mutes my audio.

1. Onscreen device mutes my audio. - Similar Threads - Onscreen device mutes

2. Mute button wont mute my audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mute button wont mute my audio: On youtube or spotify i click my mute button which is f1 but it takes me microsoft support and i tried turning off function lock but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-wont-mute-my-audio/50f68b49-dafe-4bf6-afba-89d2e546196d
  3. Mute button wont mute my audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mute button wont mute my audio: On youtube or spotify i click my mute button which is f1 but it takes me microsoft support and i tried turning off function lock but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-wont-mute-my-audio/50f68b49-dafe-4bf6-afba-89d2e546196d
  4. Output audio device keeps getting "muted"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Output audio device keeps getting "muted": Issue: Whenever I plug in my earphones, my laptop does not immediately recognize it and instead continues playing audio through its built-in speakers.My workaround so far has been to run the troubleshooter and it'll work after it "unmutes" the device. I don't quite understand...
  5. Disable mute propagation on another audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable mute propagation on another audio device: Hello,I have Windows 10 21H2, OS build 19044.1526.I observed on this build that when I had an audio device is muted and I connect a new one or switch to another device, the mute is propagated to the new one.It is possible to disable this feature?On previous version of Windows...
  6. Disable mute propagation on another audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable mute propagation on another audio device: Hello,I have Windows 10 21H2, OS build 19044.1526.I observed on this build that when I had an audio device is muted and I connect a new one or switch to another device, the mute is propagated to the new one.It is possible to disable this feature?On previous version of Windows...
  7. My audio is muted?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My audio is muted?: It looks like the audio of my pc is muted at the bottom. Over the volume symbol it has a red "x" But whenever i try to unmute it it just troubleshoots the problem. the lady then says its muted and that she unmuted it but when i go to click on it again, it just troubleshoots...
  8. Audio Device Always muted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Device Always muted: Audio Device Always muted and unable to unmute. And Volume bar is always staying on the deskt[ATTACH]op. Please refer the attach image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-device-always-muted/c1a0c242-6ee3-455a-8b32-19aa09471a3b
  9. OSD device mutes my audio Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    OSD device mutes my audio Windows 10: For several weeks a black and white device has appeared on the upper left portion of my screen. It has a slider to control the audio. That slider is permanently set on total mute. I can slide it to permit audio to be heard. The slider always returns to the mute position....
  10. How to mute audio when changing device?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to mute audio when changing device?: Hi, I've got a Windows 10 laptop, with a Thunderbolt docking station, with a USB speaker phone plugged in. Whenever I dock or un-dock, the I have to mute the audio again, which is frustrating. Otherwise I get the "new hardware" beeping for the various USB devices plugged...