Windows 10: OOBE Failures During Windows To Go Startup

Discus and support OOBE Failures During Windows To Go Startup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I’ve created a Windows To Go USB stick from the Nov 2019 version of W10 1909 and it boots fine but fails at various points in OOBE - finally on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brian Horton, Apr 5, 2020.

1. OOBE Failures During Windows To Go Startup

I’ve created a Windows To Go USB stick from the Nov 2019 version of W10 1909 and it boots fine but fails at various points in OOBE - finally on OOBEEULA where there’s no Skip option. I can start a cmd window with shift+F10 and from there launch windows\explorer, system32\Taskmgr and system32\control so I can see that W10 1909 is running normally. If I use Taskmgr to end the Microsoft Account app it just restarts. I can plug the USB stick in after booting my machine normally from its HD and see the WTG file structure but I can’t remove or rename System32\oobe\msoobe.exe as it needs TrustedInstaller permission. I’ve also tried creating a new user:
    net user Administrator /active:yes

net user /add user_name mypassword

net localgroup administrators user_name /add

cd %windir%\system32\oobe

msoobe.exe

as suggested by

https://www.configserverfirewall.com/windows-10/ooberegion/

Still no luck

Does anyone know how to stop OOBE?

Brian

:)

Brian Horton, Apr 5, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 reset failures. Computer won't boot now and getting frustrated.

Hi Alfred,

To help you with your concern regarding the reset failure, let me suggest you to do a startup repair. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key
    • Hold Shift key then click Restart
    • You'll be prompted to the Advance Startup Options
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Advanced options
    • Startup repair

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Apr 5, 2020
  4. OOBE Failures During Windows To Go Startup

OOBE

Hi,

To assist you better regarding with OOBE message, we suggest that you provide us a screenshot of the error message.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Carlos Tin, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

OOBE Failures During Windows To Go Startup

1. OOBE Failures During Windows To Go Startup - Similar Threads - OOBE Failures During

2. Restart PC during Windows OOBE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart PC during Windows OOBE: I just reserved my computer and got to the OOBE setup and I noticed that my mouse and keyboard doesn't work I don't have external mouse's and keyboards aswell, can I turn off my PC safely and turn on at the OOBE the next start up?...
  3. Restart PC during Windows OOBE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart PC during Windows OOBE: I just reserved my computer and got to the OOBE setup and I noticed that my mouse and keyboard doesn't work I don't have external mouse's and keyboards aswell, can I turn off my PC safely and turn on at the OOBE the next start up?...
  4. Restart PC during Windows OOBE

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Startup Failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Failure: Running Win 10 Pro with latest updates. I have recently been getting very slow garbage downs. When I next power up the machine, I often get the ASUS splash screen with a moving circle, but it doesn't boot all the way. I have to shut down with the power button and then start...
  6. Bypass create user account during Windows OOBE

Bypass create user account during Windows OOBE: Hello, Create answer file via WSIM for Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019. I wanna the answer file to "Enable build-in Administrator account" and bypass "Create User Account" during Windows OOBE. After editing answer file as follows, Windows OOBE still appear "Create User...
  7. Fingerprint and Pin authentication During OOBE

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint and Pin authentication During OOBE: Hello, I have a question in regards to a Windows 1903 enterprise environment. The question is how can we take a vanilla image and disable the fingerprint Windows Hello feature on some devices with fingerprint technology. That is getting a device from OOBE to join a UEM...
  8. Windows 10 OOBE on startup

Windows 10 OOBE on startup: Ok so when i restart i keep getting oobe i already did the oobe so what's wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-oobe-on-startup/ce662a2f-0313-4f0f-addb-7427dcedb559
  9. PPKG - Where is it stored during OOBE and where does it go afterward.

PPKG - Where is it stored during OOBE and where does it go afterward.: I am looking for an answer in regards to how the .ppkg and .cat files are handled during the OOBE. Are they cached to the machine ONLY during the OOBE, or are they stored on the disk drive? Is it converted into a script during the OOBE and cleared when the process is...
  10. Audit Mode going into OOBE

Audit Mode going into OOBE: Hello all, Why is it that when I am in audit mode and I set my .theme package, I then OOBE out, and it deletes the theme that I installed? Do I need to add the theme to an unattended XML file? 78210