Windows 10: OOBE Loop. Cannot create account during setup of new ASUS laptop.

Discus and support OOBE Loop. Cannot create account during setup of new ASUS laptop. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently received a new, never used ASUS ZenBook 14 (ASUS UX433F) and am trying to get it setup for an employee. I'm getting stuck in a loop and not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stupidpoetic, Aug 15, 2019.

1. OOBE Loop. Cannot create account during setup of new ASUS laptop.

Recently received a new, never used ASUS ZenBook 14 (ASUS UX433F) and am trying to get it setup for an employee. I'm getting stuck in a loop and not able to create an account, either via Microsoft sign in or via a local account. Here's what I'm seeing:

• When going through the OOBE, I get to the Sign in with Microsoft screen. I sign in (and have verified the username and password several times) and get a message "Oops, something went wrong. We can't add your Microsoft account to this device right now, but it's okay. We'll help you setup, and you can sign in later in settings.

I've tried being connected both wirelessly and via ethernet.
    • I've tried the local option. When connected via ethernet, I add username, password and security questions, then, after a moment, get "Something went wrong." and am back at the "Who's going to use this PC?" screen.
    • When trying the local option NOT connected via ethernet, I add username, password and security questions, then, after a moment, get "Something went wrong." and get OOBELOCAL error.

It seems that no matter what I try, I can't get Windows setup on the new machine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

:)

stupidpoetic, Aug 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 OOBE loop after sysprep

I ran into boot loop after sysprep Windows 10.

I've prepared a custom machine to deploy with WDS.

Sysprep has been run with /oobe/generalize options.

When I restart, windows 10 get into a reboot loop, and every time ask for system oobe wizard.

I found these on setuperr log file:

[msoobe.exe] Failed to set password and password hint with hr=0xD000006C

[msoobe.exe] Failed to create the default account with hr=0xD000006C

[msoobe.exe] TASK: End failed running task PrepareUserOOBE with hr=0xD000006C.

[msoobe.exe] Failed user OOBE prep task with hr=0xD000006C

[msoobe.exe] Failed to run OOBE Host with hr=0x80004005

[msoobe.exe] OOBE failed with hr=0x80004005

[windeploy.exe] Command [%windir%\system32\oobe\oobeldr.exe /system /quiet] failed with exit code [0x80004005]

[windeploy.exe] OnError commands failed. hr = 0x80070002

Giorgio Caldana, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Aug 15, 2019
  4. OOBE Loop. Cannot create account during setup of new ASUS laptop.

Am unable to create a new user. Accounts -> Add someone else to this PC options is not working to create a new account.

Hi Pawan,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

Follow the below steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts, click on Manage another account.
    • Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC
      and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of creating a new user account for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

OOBE Loop. Cannot create account during setup of new ASUS laptop.

1. OOBE Loop. Cannot create account during setup of new ASUS laptop. - Similar Threads - OOBE Loop Cannot

2. create a local account during setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create a local account during setup: I volunteer at a local shelter and at a seniors center. My job is to take older donated laptops, securely wipe them clean, and load a copy of Windows.These laptops might be used for kids, for volunteers to teach computing skills, or in a common room for job searches, web...
  3. create a local account during setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create a local account during setup: I volunteer at a local shelter and at a seniors center. My job is to take older donated laptops, securely wipe them clean, and load a copy of Windows.These laptops might be used for kids, for volunteers to teach computing skills, or in a common room for job searches, web...
  4. brand new Asus laptop - Windows 10 OOBE fails second computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brand new Asus laptop - Windows 10 OOBE fails second computer: I'm on my second brand new Asus M415D laptop. I returned it because it failed to complete the OOBE setup at the same point this one is.After entering my msn.com email address, verifying it with the Microsoft authenticator app, it goes through the rest of the setup until I get...
  5. brand new Asus laptop - Windows 10 OOBE fails second computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    brand new Asus laptop - Windows 10 OOBE fails second computer: I'm on my second brand new Asus M415D laptop. I returned it because it failed to complete the OOBE setup at the same point this one is.After entering my msn.com email address, verifying it with the Microsoft authenticator app, it goes through the rest of the setup until I get...
  6. brand new Asus laptop - Windows 10 OOBE fails second computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Bypass create user account during Windows OOBE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bypass create user account during Windows OOBE: Hello, Create answer file via WSIM for Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019. I wanna the answer file to "Enable build-in Administrator account" and bypass "Create User Account" during Windows OOBE. After editing answer file as follows, Windows OOBE still appear "Create User...
  8. We couldn’t create a new partition error during Windows Setup

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t create a new partition error during Windows Setup: [ATTACH]If you’re encountering We couldn’t create a new partition error message on your Windows computer while installing Windows 10, then the solution we will present […] This article We couldn’t create a new partition error during Windows Setup first appeared on...
  9. New laptop setup - Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New laptop setup - Microsoft Account: hi, I have recently purchased a second laptop for another member of my family. They have their own email address, but the Microsoft account is in my name. Do i setup the laptop in my account name still? also are they able to add their email account in Outlook once its...
  10. Brand New Laptop Stuck On Create a PIN Setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand New Laptop Stuck On Create a PIN Setup: I tried to set it up with wifi off, I tried to set it up using my voice, but nothing works! I can't even do a fresh install because it already is one! submitted by /u/Blob55 [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed for plugin localuser plugin with hr

2. windows 10 stuck in oobe loop