Windows 10: OOBE Loop leading to Audit Mode screen of death

Discus and support OOBE Loop leading to Audit Mode screen of death in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my company provided me a new Lenovo Yoga laptop, but accidentally ordered it with 10 Home instead of Pro. After some wrangling with an ISO of Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThatGuyWhoPostsShit, Mar 31, 2021.

1. OOBE Loop leading to Audit Mode screen of death

So my company provided me a new Lenovo Yoga laptop, but accidentally ordered it with 10 Home instead of Pro. After some wrangling with an ISO of Pro that we had on hand, I was upgrading my computer only to run into the OOBE Loop.

I tried detaching all peripherals, disabling extraneous internal functions and hardware - basically every piece of advice I could find to solve the issue.

Finally I found a possible fix going into Audit Mode. No sooner had I opened Audit Mode than the laptop restarted and is now locked on screen blinking blue and gray with a the spinning dots starting and restarting over and over again. I can go into BIOS if I restart, but can't find any workarounds from there, and nothing I do on the flashing screen seems to do anything.

Help?

submitted by /u/ThatGuyWhoPostsShit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThatGuyWhoPostsShit, Mar 31, 2021

2. Audit mode

Hi Diane,

Windows boots into Windows Welcome Mode and Audit Mode. Windows Welcome Mode
    is the first user experience while the Audit mode is used to add customization to Windows images. Sometimes, Windows keeps running in Audit Mode and user has no idea about it, just like in your case. While your machine is running Audit
    Mode when upgrading or reinstalling Windows 10, the upgrade won’t progress.

Here's how to exit from Audit mode to reinstall Windows 10:

• Open the administrative or elevated Command Prompt. Type cmd in the
      Search
      field at the taskbar.
    • Type the following command and press Enter key: sysprep /oobe /generalize
      DISCLAIMER: Running sysprep command each time resets Windows licensing state to default. So if your Windows is activated and you run this command, you’ll need to reactivate Windows after executing this command.

• Once the command IS successfully executed, you’ll be out of Audit Mode. Now you can re-try to upgrade to Windows 10 and it should work.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Mar 31, 2021
  3. what is audit mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Audit Mode on your PC.

Usually, Audit mode is used to add customization to Windows images. Sometimes, Windows keeps running in Audit Mode and user has no idea about it, just like in your case. While your machine is running Audit Mode when upgrading
    or reinstalling Windows 10, the upgrade won’t progress.

Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to exit Audit mode:

1. Now press Windows +
      S key together to open Search.
    2. Now type CMD and select Run as administrator.
    3. Accept the UAC prompts.
    4. Type in the following commands one by one and hit
      Enter
      :

sysprep /oobe /generalize
    5. Close the command prompt window.

DISCLAIMER: Running sysprep command each time resets Windows licensing state to default. So if your Windows is activated and you run this command, you’ll need to reactivate Windows after executing
    this command.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 31, 2021
  4. JustinM Win User

OOBE Loop leading to Audit Mode screen of death

Audit Mode going into OOBE

Hello all,

Why is it that when I am in audit mode and I set my .theme package, I then OOBE out, and it deletes the theme that I installed? Do I need to add the theme to an unattended XML file?

JustinM, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

OOBE Loop leading to Audit Mode screen of death

1. OOBE Loop leading to Audit Mode screen of death - Similar Threads - OOBE Loop leading

2. Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot: Yesterday I have got my new machine and after a lot of trouble I was able to install and activate Windows 10 Pro. After installing all needed drivers I have began downloading software that I used on my old machine. That lead me to installing WSL. WSL itself installed fine...
  3. Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot: Yesterday I have got my new machine and after a lot of trouble I was able to install and activate Windows 10 Pro. After installing all needed drivers I have began downloading software that I used on my old machine. That lead me to installing WSL. WSL itself installed fine...
  4. Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Blue screen death loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen death loop: I just reseted my windows 10 and i restarted it and it turned an it still has the same account i just log in and i can i shut down my laptop and on it then it just got this blue screen death loop i just pressed continue then it still hasn’t fix i tried to fix it but it hasn’t...
  6. Blue screen death loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen death loop: I just reseted my windows 10 and i restarted it and it turned an it still has the same account i just log in and i can i shut down my laptop and on it then it just got this blue screen death loop i just pressed continue then it still hasn’t fix i tried to fix it but it hasn’t...
  7. Audit mode

Audit mode: How do I get out of audit mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audit-mode/806c0874-884f-479b-8ddb-dee09d104dc4
  8. Customizing image in Audit mode vs OOBE

Customizing image in Audit mode vs OOBE: Hi, I'm new to customizing Windows images and I'm confused by something that I hope you can clear up. I understand that audit mode gives OEMs the ability to install software, drivers, customize etc before capturing a master image, and that that this uses a hidden admin...
  9. Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE: IT, trying to create a backup image using macrium although my issues are just for sysprep, At the moment i am just trying to figure things out, so I am installing windows 10 education on SSD (computer has a ssd and a hardrive) then boot into windows and on the first screen...
  10. Audit Mode going into OOBE

Audit Mode going into OOBE: Hello all, Why is it that when I am in audit mode and I set my .theme package, I then OOBE out, and it deletes the theme that I installed? Do I need to add the theme to an unattended XML file? 78210