Windows 10: Ooops...I think I have messed up my ssd.

Discus and support Ooops...I think I have messed up my ssd. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OK, totally my bad on this one. In a dozy state....[note to self - don't mess with computers before the first coffee] I plugged an SSD into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by farrellart, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Ooops...I think I have messed up my ssd.

OK, totally my bad on this one.

In a dozy state....[note to self - don't mess with computers before the first coffee]

I plugged an SSD into the motherboard SATA power and data cable while the computer was on. Now it is being weird, I have reformatted the drive and tried a test install of Win10 but it Blue screens ( I cannot remember the issue )and won't allow installation....I also tried linux and that came up with installation errors, just to make sure it wasn't a corrupt installation usb.

I suspect I have corrupted some data. The drive is a cheap Kingston 120GB so I am not going to sweat over it too much and no data was lost. The question is.......

Is there a way to partition out the bad data locations or are these thing dynamic? Basically, can the SSD be rescued in some way? The drive comes up in Disk manager with 111GB so that's ok....

I have a test rig I can use to dig into it and run some tests.

Any advice appreciated.

All the best

:)

farrellart, Aug 3, 2019
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Ooops...I think I have messed up my ssd. [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. Kursah Win User
    SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile Ooops...I think I have messed up my ssd. :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 3, 2019
  4. Teccmo Win User

Ooops...I think I have messed up my ssd.

Need to migrate Windows 10 installation to new SSD , it's a mess.

MiniTool Disk Partition Screenshot

Ooops...I think I have messed up my ssd. [​IMG]

RYZEN5-PC (2018-07-15 15 41).zip

I did the Diskpart step that SWI2 explained in post #14 and rebooted, but I still see drive D having the system label.

Ooops...I think I have messed up my ssd. [​IMG]

Teccmo, Aug 3, 2019
Thema:

Ooops...I think I have messed up my ssd.

1. Ooops...I think I have messed up my ssd. - Similar Threads - Ooops messed ssd

2. i messed up i think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i messed up i think: i did a thing in msconfig following what a guy on forums said and i accidentally disabled like a million processes on windows and now i cant log in cause it says i need an app to do this...
  3. i messed up i think

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i messed up i think: i did a thing in msconfig following what a guy on forums said and i accidentally disabled like a million processes on windows and now i cant log in cause it says i need an app to do this...
  4. I think I messed up my drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I messed up my drivers: I have a laptop that used to run well. I thought it was just getting old, but recently I looked and saw that my GPU which is a 1660 TI max q was not being used. In the past I had tried to update the drivers but I think I deleted the old ones and downloaded the drivers from...
  5. I think I messed up my drivers

I think I messed up my drivers: I have a laptop that used to run well. I thought it was just getting old, but recently I looked and saw that my GPU which is a 1660 TI max q was not being used. In the past I had tried to update the drivers but I think I deleted the old ones and downloaded the drivers from...
  6. 'My tamper protection is messed up, think I have a virus ngl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'My tamper protection is messed up, think I have a virus ngl: Here inserted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-tamper-protection-is-messed-up-think-i-have-a/34544295-c05a-41ba-99bb-d5552697be42
  7. 'My tamper protection is messed up, think I have a virus ngl

'My tamper protection is messed up, think I have a virus ngl: Here inserted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-tamper-protection-is-messed-up-think-i-have-a/34544295-c05a-41ba-99bb-d5552697be42
  8. I Think I messed up Windows permissions.. :/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Think I messed up Windows permissions.. :/: So I've been having applications acting strangely, where I would have to launch steam as admin to play certain multiplayer games etc.. Now I'm trying to make a game in Unreal Engine 4.27 and it won't let me export it!! I was messing with the settings on some permissions...
  9. Need help I think I messed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help I think I messed up: Ok, so I used the windows 10 debloater master because I heard that it improves the performance of your laptop(which it did)but now I cannot update my windows version anymore and on top of that even though there's a revert script it seems like it is not working because when I...
  10. I think I messed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I think I messed up: all my applications are gone and I cant access my taskbar on windows 10. Could it be maware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-i-messed-up/1831829c-67fa-4c61-a0b4-c1948e1aa9c1