Windows 10: Op[tions for a failed dynamic disk

Discus and support Op[tions for a failed dynamic disk in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One of my raid 1 drives failed and I removed it. the remining drive is functioning well (have 3 TB of data used; OS is on a separated drive; all data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dr. ArtieKopelman, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Op[tions for a failed dynamic disk

One of my raid 1 drives failed and I removed it. the remining drive is functioning well (have 3 TB of data used; OS is on a separated drive; all data are backed up in multiple splaces).

1. Is there any disadvantage to leaving the dynamic disk as is even though there is no corresponding mirrored drive?
    2. Can i replace my failed raid drive and establish it as a dynamic drive to work with the other dynamic one without having to remove the partitions on the still functional dynamic drive and start again?
    3. if i have to "start from scratch" would it be more effective to set up Windows 10 storage drives instead of RAID1?

:)

Dr. ArtieKopelman, Feb 22, 2019
  2. Ariel Aba Win User

Convert Basic Disk into Dynamic Disk

Hi Charbel,

It would be helpful if you mentioned the things that you have tried to do that failed so that we can skip those steps. You can follow the steps provided in the article:
    How to convert a basic disk to a dynamic disk in Windows 7, to change a basic disk to
    a dynamic one. The instructions are also applicable for Windows 10. You can also check this article:
    Extend a basic volume.

Ensure that you create a back up for your system as well.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Feb 22, 2019
  3. hello2012 Win User
    hello2012, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

Op[tions for a failed dynamic disk

how to convert Dynamic disk to Basic disk without data loss ?

Hi,

The process of conversion is quite tricky but not exactly that complicated. Suggested safe is to have your data cloned and work on the clone instead of the original. This suggestions and steps were provided by one of the Microsoft Community Forum MVP's,
    John John__ in his response on this thread. Follow the steps carefully
    to be able to avoid data loss.

I hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Op[tions for a failed dynamic disk

1. Op[tions for a failed dynamic disk - Similar Threads - tions failed dynamic

2. Dynamic Lock failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dynamic Lock failed: I had Dynamic Lock set up with my phone, and it worked for several weeks. But now my Windows 11 computer reports the phone cannot be found. If I try searching for it using the "Scan for phone" button in the Dynamic Lock settings, it doesn't find it. But ... curiously enough...
  3. Unallocated on Dynamic disk !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unallocated on Dynamic disk !: Hey everyone , I have a laptop with a Windows 10 installed on an SSD [:C] and I've extra SSD slot with another 1 TB SSD [:E] installed into it . I've recently installed dual boot Ubuntu on on my [:E] disk by first unallocating 500 GB for the installation , after...
  4. SSD Not accessible, "Dynamic Disk Import Failed"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Not accessible, "Dynamic Disk Import Failed": This is an expansion of my last post, as nobody followed up on it.My F: drive doesn't show up in file explorer. I've tried different Sata ports and and the result is the same. Diskpart recognizes the disk and lists only "Import Failed". On the GUI it shows:This disk was never...
  5. SSD Not accessible, "Dynamic Disk Import Failed"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Not accessible, "Dynamic Disk Import Failed": This is an expansion of my last post, as nobody followed up on it.My F: drive doesn't show up in file explorer. I've tried different Sata ports and and the result is the same. Diskpart recognizes the disk and lists only "Import Failed". On the GUI it shows:This disk was never...
  6. SSD Not accessible, "Dynamic Disk Import Failed"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Not accessible, "Dynamic Disk Import Failed": My F: drive doesn't show up in file explorer. I've tried different Sata ports and and the result is the same. Diskpart recognizes the disk and lists only "Import Failed". On the GUI it shows: This disk was never a dynamic disk, it has always been set to basic.Device manager...
  7. SSD Not accessible, "Dynamic Disk Import Failed"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Not accessible, "Dynamic Disk Import Failed": My F: drive doesn't show up in file explorer. I've tried different Sata ports and and the result is the same. Diskpart recognizes the disk and lists only "Import Failed". On the GUI it shows: This disk was never a dynamic disk, it has always been set to basic.Device manager...
  8. My disk is Dynamic!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My disk is Dynamic!: Can you tell me how to change Dynamic Disk to Basic Disk without losing data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-disk-is-dynamic/2f5fac23-d9d7-4288-a225-3b6ba936a6c5
  9. Invalid Dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Invalid Dynamic disk: I have connected my old laptops hard disk to a new one and it is not accessible. In device management the hard disk shows "Dynamic" and "Invalid". so what should I do ?...
  10. Disk Management and Dynamic Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management and Dynamic Disk: Hi, I'm a windows 10 user. While I was partitioning my disk using disk management tool, I've seen that I have created three F: drives. Is there any way to combine all three drives together?[ATTACH]...