Windows 10: open a blank virtual desktop

Discus and support open a blank virtual desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to create or open a blank virtual desktop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FitzHimself, May 22, 2019.

1. open a blank virtual desktop

How to create or open a blank virtual desktop?

:)

FitzHimself, May 22, 2019

2. How to open app on another virtual desktop?

Hi Radim,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if virtual desktop or task view option is not enabled.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to enable virtual desktop on the computer.

The virtual desktops feature in Windows 10 is known as “Task View” and is located on the Taskbar. Clicking the “Task View” button brings up the Task View interface, where you can see your open windows on virtual desktops which you have added.

To enable task view option on the taskbar.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Click on Show task view button.

3. Then it will be available on the task bar next to the Search bar.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using virtual desktop, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 22, 2019
  3. sirBait Win User
    Virtual desktops

In the article you linked it says talks about 4 goals Microsoft has with virtual desktops:

• Give you more desktop space to group related windows
    • Help you quickly locate and switch to any window or group of windows
    • Let you easily re-organize your groups and move windows as tasks evolve
    • Keep you in control of the degree of separation between your grouped windows
    Not being able to control what desktop the program opens on really doesn't fit in with these goals.

Give me one good reason for why it is suppose force me to change virtual desktop when I open a program, just one good reason and I will consider to drop the issue. To me this sounds like virtual desktops isn't ready yet and you refuse to acknowledge that
    there are bugs, because this makes it very hard to work with multiply virtual desktops.

sirBait, May 22, 2019
  4. open a blank virtual desktop

Cannot open additional virtual desktops

OS Windows 10 - I cannot enable a new virtual desktop. After opening windows, when I click on taskview, the existing file is is seen as a preview (small size) along with any other files opened earlier. But there is no dialogue like ‘add new desktop’ either at right hand bottom corner or any other place. I am forced to open all files in the same (1st and only) desktop. Any suggestion as to how to be able to add more desktops will be welcome.

yashpal2305, May 22, 2019
Thema:

open a blank virtual desktop

1. open a blank virtual desktop - Similar Threads - open blank virtual

2. Opening an excel document changes virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening an excel document changes virtual desktop: I'm trying to setup my PC such that I can open a new virtual desktop to start a new task without changing the task I had been working on.When opening an application in a virtual desktop, I expect it to open in the current virtual desktop, not whichever desktop happens to...
  3. Opening an excel document changes virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening an excel document changes virtual desktop: I'm trying to setup my PC such that I can open a new virtual desktop to start a new task without changing the task I had been working on.When opening an application in a virtual desktop, I expect it to open in the current virtual desktop, not whichever desktop happens to...
  4. Saving Virtual Desktops to open later

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Virtual Desktops to open later: I see this question come up but never really answered.Edge allows me to save collections of tabs and is synced across multiple devices. This allows me to open many tabs for a particular issue and reopen them when needed.I would like to open many documents for an issue, save...
  5. Preserve virtual desktops AND open applications on reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preserve virtual desktops AND open applications on reboot: Currently on v2004 Currently have "Sign-in options --> Restart apps" on, but all my apps restarted on virtual desktop 1 even if some of them were on virtual desktop 2 when I rebooted How do I get Windows to preserve the app/VD relationship upon reboot so I don't have to...
  6. Opening Apps in Specific Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening Apps in Specific Virtual Desktops: Hi, I was wondering if there's a way to set my apps to open in particular virtual desktops. Desired effect: When I run the following apps, I'd like for them to open only in their designated vitrual desktops. E.x. I'd like for my Spotify to open only in Virtual Desktop 5,...
  7. Opening Excel in two virtual desktops

Opening Excel in two virtual desktops: Sorry if I'm a bit off with the terminology but am I right in thinking that it is not possible to have excel or any other app active in two different virtual desktops at the same time. I've just tried to do this and found at least by default it cannot happen. Is this normal...
  8. Organize open apps with virtual desktops

Organize open apps with virtual desktops: Apps feeling cluttered? Organize open apps with virtual desktops! Click here for more info: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/tips/home/get-organized#virtualdesktops [ATTACH]...
  9. Cannot open additional virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open additional virtual desktops: OS Windows 10 - I cannot enable a new virtual desktop. After opening windows, when I click on taskview, the existing file is is seen as a preview (small size) along with any other files opened earlier. But there is no dialogue like ‘add new desktop’ either at right hand...
  10. open application again in new virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    open application again in new virtual desktop: Hello i want open application again in new desktop, for example, when i open firefox, it open new in new dekstop, but when i open Thunderbird, it will switch to same desktop it was open, but i want open again new in new virtual desktop. how its possible? thanks. 50365