Windows 10: Open a .jpg file in File Explorer gives only a generic open option

Discus and support Open a .jpg file in File Explorer gives only a generic open option in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Here's what I'm referring to by "generic" open. This will open the file in the default app.Other types of files, .txt for example on my system, give... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SweetTasha, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Open a .jpg file in File Explorer gives only a generic open option

Here's what I'm referring to by "generic" open. This will open the file in the default app.Other types of files, .txt for example on my system, give the option of opening with other than the default app. I go get a screenshot of an example...

:)

SweetTasha, Dec 4, 2021
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Dec 4, 2021
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Open a .jpg file in File Explorer gives only a generic open option :)

jaydeee, Dec 4, 2021
  4. Open a .jpg file in File Explorer gives only a generic open option

File explorer will not open on windows 10

In this case, it's possible that the File Explorer is set to open an incorrect/corrupted file location. To rule out folder path related issues, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box. From the search result, click
      Control Panel.
    • Select Small icons from the View by: drop-down list located on the top right side of the window.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the General tab, select This
      PC
      from the Open File Explorer to: drop-down list.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, open File Explorer again and check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

Open a .jpg file in File Explorer gives only a generic open option

1. Open a .jpg file in File Explorer gives only a generic open option - Similar Threads - Open jpg file

2. Open a .jpg file in File Explorer gives only a generic open option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open a .jpg file in File Explorer gives only a generic open option: Here's what I'm referring to by "generic" open. This will open the file in the default app.Other types of files, .txt for example on my system, give the option of opening with other than the default app. I go get a screenshot of an example......
  3. Open a .jpg file in File Explorer gives only a generic open option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open a .jpg file in File Explorer gives only a generic open option: Here's what I'm referring to by "generic" open. This will open the file in the default app.Other types of files, .txt for example on my system, give the option of opening with other than the default app. I go get a screenshot of an example......
  4. No app is opening, only file explorer is open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No app is opening, only file explorer is open: Today when I opened Avast antivirus, it showed me that almost 113 registry keys are broken, so I pressed the button to fix them. Windows was working fine before I pressed the button. Then Avast opened a blank white screen, I thought I must close it as it has got hanged and...
  5. jpg file not open

jpg file not open: when I open the JPG file that it show the error "It appear that we don't support this file format" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-file-not-open/95f60993-27de-4d6b-921a-cc7e048a516c
  6. JPG file won't open

JPG file won't open: When I click to open a J-pg file, I get an error message saying" it can't open this file."How do I open it? * Moved from Education https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-file-wont-open/6698131b-ab10-4ef0-9a90-97b7295f87f2"
  7. not open jpg file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not open jpg file: package failed updates dependency or conflict validation messege show when jpg file open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-open-jpg-file/bae427ee-1750-4225-91c1-ce391fc9983f
  8. can't open jpg file

can't open jpg file: I am not able to open a jpeg/jpg file in win 10 system which I have bought earlier while I was doing the same with the win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-jpg-file/e6289ee6-ced8-44c6-807c-cddbb70db2ec"
  9. JPG files won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    JPG files won't open: I updated my computer based on your recent push on July 11, 2018. Since I did the update, I cannot open my jpg files. I keep receiving "File Error (-2147219196). I've attempted to restore it to the last restore point on July 9, 2018. However this does not fix the problem....
  10. Opening JPG files?

in Browsers and Email
    Opening JPG files?: He guys! Just wondering if you can program windows to open up JPG image files via the Edge Browser? 14761