Windows 10: Open a task working in background

Discus and support Open a task working in background in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm scheduling a bat file to run on windows startup irrespective of user login or not. This is run on a windows server so that after a patch is done... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Nikhilesh Suresh, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Open a task working in background

I'm scheduling a bat file to run on windows startup irrespective of user login or not. This is run on a windows server so that after a patch is done the system restarts and the app starts automatically not waiting for a user to be involved every time the patch is done. The task is running as expected but there is a problem with monitoring the bat file and see what's happening in the file. Is there a way to look at what is happening with the bat file while it's running?

:)

Nikhilesh Suresh, Sep 30, 2022

2. Background tasks no-longer running

So I've now got my background tasks working again with the help of people at the WPCentral forum. They advised that I uninstall apps that can use background tasks, whether those tasks are enabled or not. The theory is that Windows Phone has some kind of
    issue with there being too many apps installed that register the use of background tasks and that disabling the background tasks does not help.

So here's what I did:

• Go to settings --> swipe left --> background tasks --> advanced.
    • Make a list of all of the apps installed that can run background tasks.
    • Uninstall as many of those apps as possible. In my case, I had quite a few apps that I actually rarely use.
    • Restart the phone.
    That's it. The background tasks for the apps I actually want to be able to run then just started running again. One person in the thread suggested you can also work around the problem by careful configuration of each app to disable background operations
    you don't actually want, without having to uninstall them.

For more detail you can see the WPCentral forum thread here:
    http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8/240483-background-tasks-no-longer-running.html

Benjamin Brereton, Sep 30, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Task menu background transparency

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

As a workaround, I suggest you to change the desktop background/ remove the desktop background and check.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 30, 2022
  4. beaconray Win User

Open a task working in background

Background tasks

I am using nokia lumia 800.

No background tasks, only home screen, seen when press and hold "Back" arrow.

Then i go into settings > applications, tap "background tasks", tap "advanced"...shows a list of apps.

Question: Are there background tasks actively running?

beaconray, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

Open a task working in background

1. Open a task working in background - Similar Threads - Open task working

2. Open a task working in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open a task working in background: I'm scheduling a bat file to run on windows startup irrespective of user login or not. This is run on a windows server so that after a patch is done the system restarts and the app starts automatically not waiting for a user to be involved every time the patch is done. The...
  3. Open a task working in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open a task working in background: I'm scheduling a bat file to run on windows startup irrespective of user login or not. This is run on a windows server so that after a patch is done the system restarts and the app starts automatically not waiting for a user to be involved every time the patch is done. The...
  4. Background task comes forward when same task is opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background task comes forward when same task is opened: Hello,Lately I am encountering a very annoying bug/software change. At work I have installed a fresh installation of Windows 10. When I open the following apps in specified order:1. Word opening a document Document12. Explorer3. Word opening a different document Document2The...
  5. Background task comes forward when same task is opened

Background task comes forward when same task is opened: Hello,Lately I am encountering a very annoying bug/software change. At work I have installed a fresh installation of Windows 10. When I open the following apps in specified order:1. Word opening a document Document12. Explorer3. Word opening a different document Document2The...
  6. Background task comes forward when same task is opened

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Background tasks

Background tasks: Trying to understand what I see in task manager. Everyone once on awhile a task called "Office" using Local Bridge, Runtime Broker, and Background Task Host. The icon is the red windows logo with a black background seems odd. Is this normal?...
  8. Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks: In addition to these problems: Start Button is not working. Windows Explorer/Search is not working. Setting is not responsive. When I restart or shutdown, I get the message "Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks". Is this creating the problem with the Start...
  9. Task host is stopping background tasks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task host is stopping background tasks: What can be done to correct receiving task host is stopping background tasks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-host-is-stopping-background-tasks/a7f82c8e-4c1f-405e-b0a0-962966238837
  10. background task host stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    background task host stopped working: reliability history shows background task host stopped working but have no issues with startup or shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-task-host-stopped-working/5fce5723-7910-4cc8-bf63-ba57cf270b2e