Windows 10: Open a website (NOT a folder) in its own window automatically.

Discus and support Open a website (NOT a folder) in its own window automatically. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Example : I have Tenforums.com opened. Now I access TechNet forum. I would like to have TechNet opened in its own window. I know I can always drag... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by davidhk, Mar 19, 2016.

1. davidhk Win User

Open a website (NOT a folder) in its own window automatically.

Example :
    I have Tenforums.com opened.
    Now I access TechNet forum.
    I would like to have TechNet opened in its own window. I know I can always drag it out from the tab and make it its own window. I just want it done automatically.

Thank you.

:)

davidhk, Mar 19, 2016

2. cmd.exe pops up on its own

i scanned using superantispyware , some files and cookies were infected i removed them but still couldnt solve the problem. one more thing is along with the cmd.exe pop up some random website like youtube , some stupid websites in chrome also open with
    it

HaricharanYadav, Mar 19, 2016
  3. WayneRupp Win User
    Screen Resolution changes on its own automatically

Sounds to me like a display adapter driver problem. This is a known issue currently rather widespread for devices using AMD graphics cards. It resulted from MS providing less than perfect driver updates for AMD Radeon display adapters. Do you have
    an AMD display adapter?

Determine what brand name graphics card aka (display adapter, video card, graphics processing unit) you have on your device... by right clicking the Start menu>Device Manager>Display Adapter>Expand it>Properties>all right clicks.

If AMD is your brand name display adapter, you should update the driver by going to the manufacture's website HERE selecting "Autodetect"
    then download what autodetect finds for you. This is the easiest way to do it if you have an AMD display adapter.

If you don't have a AMD Radeon Display Adapter on your device, then this wouldn't apply to you.

My display resolution problems were corrected immediately after updating the Display Adapter Driver from the AMD website found above using AutoDetect. Sleep mode was again found in the shut down options

Regards,

Wayne

WayneRupp, Mar 19, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Although this isn't a direct answer to the question you asked, what you can do (if you're using a keyboard and mouse) is use shortcut keys with Edge and Internet Explorer.

Shift + left mouse click a link - will open the link in a new window

CTRL + left mouse click a link - will open the link in a new tab (clicking the link with the middle mouse button will do the same)

ARC1020, Mar 19, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Ok.
    Looking for an "automatic" setting.
    Like I said, I can always "drag" it out and make itself a window.

Thank you.

davidhk, Mar 19, 2016
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    Just to clarify, in your original example how are you opening TechNet? From a link or desktop shortcut?

ARC1020, Mar 19, 2016
  7. ARC1020 Win User
    I'm not sure what browser you're using, however in Internet Explorer you can set it to open desktop shortcuts (all HTTP links) in a new window everytime by going to:

Internet Explorer Options (cog symbol in top right of browser) > Internet Options > Tabs > Open Links From Other Programs in > A New Window

Open a website (NOT a folder) in its own window automatically. [​IMG]

ARC1020, Mar 19, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Yes. That is the answer.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Open a website (NOT a folder) in its own window automatically. - Similar Threads - Open website folder

2. terminal opening and closing on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    terminal opening and closing on its own: when i start my laptop windows 11 terminal start opening and closing on its own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/terminal-opening-and-closing-on-its-own/4022d837-0a12-465b-b7af-032674c2e2e5
  3. Windows 10 apps automatically tab on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 apps automatically tab on its own: HiI am having an issue where Windows 10 apps are constantly tabbing automatically. Here is a video of my issue https://youtu.be/DCeTejSoJq4It is not a keyboard issue as I have taken the batteries out of my wireless keyboard and the issue is still occurring. The issue happens...
  4. Windows 10 apps automatically tab on its own

Windows 10 apps automatically tab on its own: HiI am having an issue where Windows 10 apps are constantly tabbing automatically. Here is a video of my issue https://youtu.be/DCeTejSoJq4It is not a keyboard issue as I have taken the batteries out of my wireless keyboard and the issue is still occurring. The issue happens...
  5. opening calculator on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    opening calculator on its own: HiI had Win 10 and 2-3 weeks ago Windows shutdown on its own or open the calculator or open Microsoft EdgeFirst I reset Windows but it didn't work, then I reinstalled Windows, it still didn't work, then I upgraded it to win 11, and I still have this problem. Does anyone know...
  6. opening calculator on its own

opening calculator on its own: HiI had Win 10 and 2-3 weeks ago Windows shutdown on its own or open the calculator or open Microsoft EdgeFirst I reset Windows but it didn't work, then I reinstalled Windows, it still didn't work, then I upgraded it to win 11, and I still have this problem. Does anyone know...
  7. This PC folder opens on its own every few minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This PC folder opens on its own every few minutes: "This PC folder" opens on its own every few minutes, even when my laptop is left idle. I've run several scans but couldn't detect any virus although I suspect virus to be the cause of it....
  8. Snip and Sketch opened on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip and Sketch opened on its own: I have been switching over to snip and sketch recently as opposed to snipping tool and today snip and sketch opened on its own. Should I be worried? submitted by /u/ancillarynebula [link] [comments]...
  9. Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content: OneDrive deleted a folder containing downloads of financial PDFs. I did not do this because I used them yesterday. They appear in the OneDrive recycle bin on the website but the website will not restore the files because it says they are already on the computer, which they...
  10. Things opening on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Things opening on its own: Hi Guys! I am very disturbed by a strange problem which has started just a few days back. The things on my display are opening on it's own and it doesn't stop after one instance. I have disabled the touchpad and there's no external mouse connected. But still things on the...