Windows 10: Open a window as admin and then cannot select another opened window

Discus and support Open a window as admin and then cannot select another opened window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i have been having a very strange issue for about a month after an update. Whenever I open an app as a admin, I cannot click on or select other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KhristoAviles, May 18, 2019.

1. Open a window as admin and then cannot select another opened window

So i have been having a very strange issue for about a month after an update. Whenever I open an app as a admin, I cannot click on or select other windows or even the desktop, that are not open as admin; only the window of the app that was opened as admin can be selected. The only way to select another app window is to use alt-tab. This happens for any app that I open as an admin. So, say I open Chrome as an admin, I cannot click on any other app window that I have open, such as Firefox for example, or the taskbar or the desktop, unless I close Chrome. Happens for any program I run as admin. After doing some troubleshooting, I found that if I have two different apps opened as admin, I can select between them, but still cannot select other app windows opened without admin rights. Not sure if this is a feature that was implemented in an update, but could not find any setting for it. Is there any way to change this if it's a setting, or how can this be fixed if it's a bug?

Info about my system:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1809

Installed on 4-18-19

OS Build 17763.503

:)

KhristoAviles, May 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 18, 2019
  3. ste2425 Win User
    Command windows opening behind other windows

Hi all,

Hopefully a quick one here.

Ive made a small application to poll TeamCity build monitor take data about current and past builds and store them in a data base. Its only a very small application and im using windows task scheduler to run it every five minuets. Its working grand and does everything its meant to however when it runs it open a command window. Im not displaying anything nor taking user input and its finished and closed in under half a minuet but it opens on top of any windows I already have open. Control is still focused on the window I was working in before the command window opened. What id like to know is there a way within either task scheduler or something I can programme within the application to either stop the command window opening up but the application still run as its not needed or to make it automatically open behind all other open windows?

Thanks all

ste2425, May 18, 2019
  4. Open a window as admin and then cannot select another opened window

Windows 10 open window issue

Hello,

I suggest you to try the following steps and check:

DISM:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Open a window as admin and then cannot select another opened window

1. Open a window as admin and then cannot select another opened window - Similar Threads - Open window admin

2. Cannot Open Terminal Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open Terminal Admin: I cannot open Terminal admin. it said to continue, enter an admin username and password but, there is no "yes" button. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-terminal-admin/40605847-e825-4c0e-9ff3-89de17537798
  3. Cannot Open Terminal Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Open Terminal Admin: I cannot open Terminal admin. it said to continue, enter an admin username and password but, there is no "yes" button. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-terminal-admin/40605847-e825-4c0e-9ff3-89de17537798
  4. Admin account cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin account cannot be opened: Several moths ago, BitLocker unexpectedly activated on my laptop. With the support from my parents, I managed to open my laptop once again. However, the administrator account my parents's PIN has been reset. The account logged in to it is an abandoned, inaccessible account...
  5. Admin account cannot be opened

Admin account cannot be opened: Several moths ago, BitLocker unexpectedly activated on my laptop. With the support from my parents, I managed to open my laptop once again. However, the administrator account my parents's PIN has been reset. The account logged in to it is an abandoned, inaccessible account...
  6. Unable to Open Cmd window with Admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Open Cmd window with Admin: Hello - For the past 2 or 3 weeks, I have tried to open a CMD window with Admin but nothing happens. I right click the Win key in lower left, click "Command Prompt Admin" but then nothing happens. In the past, a few seconds after clicking the above button, a new cmd window...
  7. Windows Glitching and opening files not selected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Glitching and opening files not selected: Hey everyone So i got a weird issue happening. When i open up a file folder and select to say open Document 1, instead document 2 opens, then i click Doc 1 again, and Doc 3 opens. This is not restricted to a singe file, it happens like all the time, sometime i have to...
  8. Cannot open cmd prompt in admin mode

Cannot open cmd prompt in admin mode: I am using win 10 pro. My initial problem is I cannot display list of wifi networks. I cannot open cmd prompt in admin mode. I've used all the trouble shooting steps on this site and nothing works. Short of throwing this PC out the window is there anything else I can try?...
  9. Windows Admin Center cannot be opened, even on the first launch.

Windows Admin Center cannot be opened, even on the first launch.: I've installed Windows Admin Center on my Windows 10 PC in order to manage a server. In the installation dialog, I've set access port to 9000 and other things remain the same. After finishing, I launched Windows Admin Center and opened browser New Microsoft Edge to access...
  10. windows admin center fails to open

windows admin center fails to open: Hi, I justed downloaded and installed windows admin center 1809 on a windows 10 version 1803 computer. When I launch windows admin center, the icon for windows admin center shows in the system tray for 1 or 2 seconds but then disappears. No window ever displays for...